Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Atv 5.3 - Netflix no longer works. Bad news for Jailbreakers?

• 03-03-2015 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Could be in trouble here ...

Netflix is looking for a software update to work ... Problem is it seems that there is no jailbreak for latest version (6.2.1)
    Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Keith.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

sure apple tv 2 is nearly dead at this stage.as kodi is no longer supporting it.also i have never understood the need for netflix when everything and much much more is on kodi for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

massy086 wrote: »
    sure apple tv 2 is nearly dead at this stage.as kodi is no longer supporting it.also i have never understood the need for netflix when everything and much much more is on kodi for free

Convenience .... On the other hand I need xbmc for the overpriced footie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Just read this and tried it there. Clicked Menu rather than Update Later and it brought me into the app. Seems to work ok once in.

I have the ATV2 on my main tv in the living room so hopefully it keeps working.

Coincidentally, I got an Amazon Fire TV Stick on Monday which I've put in our second tv. Got Kodi working on it fairly easily (apart from streaming from my Mac, files are visible but won't play for some reason but I'll figure that out) and the Netflix interface is much nicer than that on the ATV2.

mailforkev wrote: »
    Just read this and tried it there. Clicked Menu rather than Update Later and it brought me into the app. Seems to work ok once in.

Mine did too until you press play :) ... An error as occured

Could be time to cash in on ATV2 and get a Pi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Mine did too until you press play :) ... An error as occured

Could be time to cash in on ATV2 and get a Pi!

I tried playing something earlier and it worked. I'll investigate more tonight, am only on episode 5 of House of Cards Season 3 so hopefully it still works.

• Advertisement

mailforkev wrote: »
    I tried playing something earlier and it worked. I'll investigate more tonight, am only on episode 5 of House of Cards Season 3 so hopefully it still works.

Nah mine won't play ... and the Netflix app doesn't even remember my credentials!

Netflix doesn't work on the Pi either it seems! :)

Advertisement