Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyres

Options
  • 03-03-2015 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi guys
    I have Michelin 145 sr 14 tyres on the back and Goodyear Grand Prix on the front
    These came on the car and need replacing,what would be a modern replacement tyre,the car is a 68 Lancia fulvia
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

You can still get that size.

What is the width of the rim? 4"? 4.5"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Shouldn't be a problem, I've recently asked a mechanic friend of mine to get a set for my s1 fulvia and there wasn't an issue, mine has cronadoras which I think are 15" but it still shouldn't be a problem.
    I'll be calling in to him this afternoon and I'll ask if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭porker36

guys many thanks for the replies and links
    kev what year is your fulvia?

porker36 wrote: »
    guys many thanks for the replies and links
    kev what year is your fulvia?

Mine is 1970 so very last of the series 1's, you should throw up some pics of yours.

• Advertisement

I will do,not letting me at the min for some reason,i only got it last week so still getting to know her :) but so far a fantastic car its a rallye not the s version

here she is

Very nice, she looks very straight.

she is kev,needs nothing doing except some new rubber :) do you know if there are many fulvias in Ireland?

she is kev,needs nothing doing except some new rubber :) do you know if there are many fulvias in Ireland?

Including mine and now yours there are 7 series 1's that I personally know of but I've heard of at least 2 more, there seems to be a good few more series 2/3's around still in various states of repair.

• Advertisement

I just came across your thread on restoring your fulvia,fair play to you
    Have it looking fantastic and some turnaround from the way you bought it
    I signed up on the Lancia Ireland website but not much happens there

I just came across your thread on restoring your fulvia,fair play to you
    Have it looking fantastic and some turnaround from the way you bought it
    I signed up on the Lancia Ireland website but not much happens there

No there was a fantastic buzz on the old forum but since they switched over to the current one it kind of died a death unfortunatly.
    Mine is getting close to the road now, fingers crossed for the summer.

hi5 wrote: »

10? No there isn't.

There's 3 there. Maybe 5 if you're going to count the winter tyre and one that is the wrong size (145/65 x 14). The rest are repeats with computer generated massssssssively inflated* prices.

The Bridgestone B381 Ecopia would be the most modern of that lot as they were made by Bridgestone in Japan specifically as a skinny low rolling resistance eco tyre for the Audi A2 / Lupo 3L. They don't seem to have made any all that recently - check the date codes. It's also T-rated

The Camac BN313 has re-appeared. These are made in Portugal. A few years ago they were half the price and disappeared until a new batch was commissioned. S-rated

The Firestone F560 has re-appeared. S-rated.

Also seen in the more recent past were Kumhos in that size, but I haven't seen them for about 10 years. Goodyears and Michelins must be as old as the hills by now. Probably haven't been made by them since nineteen canteen.

For a rough guide:

Vintage Tyre Supplies - www.vintagetyres.com
    Longstone Tyres - www.longstonetyres.com
    Bull Motif (Morris Minor) - http://www.morrisminorspares.net/shop_item.php?ID=3667 or if you think you might be about to get away with a 155/80 14, they do a deal on 4 Toyos http://www.morrisminorspares.net/shop_item.php?ID=4966

Here's how 5 Bridgestones rocked up from Bull Motif a few years ago:
    3274457227_7b83e4f098_z.jpg
    p4300001 by macplaxton, on Flickr

I had to get them as the next nearest to 135/80 14s because at the time Vredestein hadn't done a batch of 1000 Classic Sprints in the right size.

6183263858_6698b83599_z.jpg
    DSCF3498.JPG by macplaxton, on Flickr

(As you can see, I don't do Carlos Fandango tyres.)

*see the million dollar book / Amazon algorithm goes bonkers http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-14306146

Cheers macplaxton
    Thanks for typing all that information,I was considering the bridge stones
    So will definitely check the date stamps

How would you rate the cams a?

@kev where are you getting your parts from? What stage are you at?

I've not had much experience of the Camacs. On a couple of DAFs shod with 145/80 14s I've had Kumhos and Firestones and even then I couldn't make a judgement on them as they were a bit old, so were a bit hard.

One last thing to note, new tyres for pre-1990 vehicles don't need to have the latest EU tyre labelling tat on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

here she is
    DEAR SANTA

Advertisement