Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Year Nightmare

Options
  • 04-03-2015 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

So my college laptop (which I rarely actually take out with me) has been stolen. Bigger problem is that all my work for the year (thesis, CA's, exam paper solutions) was stored on it, work that was close to completed and ready to hand in (should have backed it up I know)

I'm as you can imagine in major panic mode and will be requesting a meeting tomorrow with the head to discuss it. I guess my question is will I be afforded some extra time to complete these or is it unlikely from similar experiences? Fairly soul destroying if I'm honest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

You didn't have it backed up to the cloud or anything? I have mine on a USB and up on iCloud. That's awful luck for you buddy.

i think it'll depend on how well you sell the case as to why you didn't have it backed up. We had a tutorial where it was made clear the options, and that by attending the tutorial we accepted the consequences if we didn't back s**t up.

Given it's your final year though, they'll probably give an extension. Just really make sure you impress how frantically stressed the whole situation has made you etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    You didn't have it backed up to the cloud or anything? I have mine on a USB and up on iCloud. That's awful luck for you buddy.

i think it'll depend on how well you sell the case as to why you didn't have it backed up. We had a tutorial where it was made clear the options, and that by attending the tutorial we accepted the consequences if we didn't back s**t up.

Given it's your final year though, they'll probably give an extension. Just really make sure you impress how frantically stressed the whole situation has made you etc.

I got a little bit of good news anyway. Most of the changes/additions to the thesis is on a key I keep with my car keys and I will have enough time to catch up with everything else. Still not a situation anyone wants to be in. And yes one cannot underestimate the importance of backing all your material up. Thanks for the reply

Advertisement