Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic in the mornings

Options
  • 03-03-2015 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Traffic has been crazy the last few weeks, in particular this week with the snow. Because I get the bus I was going to try and get the earliest one possible (6:30). Has anyone any idea what time the traffic starts to build up at or should it be ok at this time??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

40 minutes to travel from the end of the motorway/dual carriageway to Parkmore West this morning, absolutely crazy.

There is no traffic management in Galway and signage should be erected about 5 miles before the city in every direction encouraging people to abandon their vehicle and strike out on foot if they wish to make any sort of reasonable progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

It took hubby two hours to get from near Barna to Liosban this morning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mary90

Soo I think I am gonna get the earlier bus, hoping that the traffic won't be building that early in the morning! Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from an old thread about Briarhill traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Must say it has been particularly bad recently in town in the mornings, and with the impending closure of Lough Atalia Road, it could get pretty brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

As a Mayo man, living in Mayo I am glad of the traffic congestion. Maybe now some of the bigger companies will consider moving to Castlebar where there is no Traffic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

6541 wrote: »
    As a Mayo man, living in Mayo I am glad of the traffic congestion. Maybe now some of the bigger companies will consider moving to Castlebar where there is no Traffic.
    You'd never know the Taoiseach was from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

But it's full of people from Mayo...shudder

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Mayo :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Seems to have improved today to normal levels again with the lack of snow! We really need to get that bypass sorted though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I've had to get the 409 bus the last two days. Yesterday morning I got off in the middle of Doughiska and walked the 2km to Parkmore... arrived 10mins before the bus. Eyre Square to Parkmore took over an hour.

Traffic light today but bus was still 10+mins late leaving and took 50mins (from expected departure time).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yesterday was just exceptionally mad all over.

I wanted to get a taxi from Eyre Square - there were none. Ended up getting the bus after all, and slip-sliding my way on foot thru the industrial estate. Great fun. Not.

Morning traffic has got noticeably heavier on Tuam Rd outwards (ie from the city to Ballybane) in the last year or so. If I was running late, hopping into a taxi at 8:45 would have me in the office by 9. Doesn't work any more. And I don't think the bypass would make a bit of difference to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mary90

I got the half 6 bus this morning and clocked into work at 7. Typical if the traffic was lighter today but by being in early I can finish early so it's not so bad. Think I might try stick to it altogether.

It has definitely been worse in the last 2-3 months though regardless of the weather. Is it to do with a change in shift patterns in the factories or is there any explanation for it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Economy is picking up yadda yadda yah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Wait until March 18th and the following 11 weeks. Lough Atalia works will make things a whole lot worse. I can't fathom how it'll take 11 weeks to lower the level of a tiny portion of road but I'm not an engineer I suppose.

Advertisement