Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline - cheapest option

Options
  • 04-03-2015 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi, my parents have an eircom account which is just a landline. There is no capability of BB or efibre. They are finding their bills too high and want to cancel. I would like to know what is the cheapest they could achieve to keep the landline active to receive ( even with no outgoing calls). They are well out of contract. Please advise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

Hi 
    I rang eircom when I was thinking of getting rid of my land line, when they asked why I said it was too expensive and they offered me a huge reduction in the price.  I did finally get rid of it because I really didnt ever use it.  So ring them and see if they offer you a better deal, don't agree to a contract though just incase your parents decide to get rid of it anyway.  Otherwise I'd shop around a lot more phone companies out there now doing good deals and its easy to switch. 

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Hi 
    I rang eircom when I was thinking of getting rid of my land line, when they asked why I said it was too expensive and they offered me a huge reduction in the price.  I did finally get rid of it because I really didnt ever use it.  So ring them and see if they offer you a better deal, don't agree to a contract though just incase your parents decide to get rid of it anyway.  Otherwise I'd shop around a lot more phone companies out there now doing good deals and its easy to switch. 

Thanks. Actually i couldn't find any other supplier offering landline only. Vodafone only do broadband bundles now.
    They have the number a long time and it's just people far and wide have it ( big extended family). So we might retain to receive calls if feasible price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi 

Thanks. Actually i couldn't find any other supplier offering landline only. Vodafone only do broadband bundles now.
    They have the number a long time and it's just people far and wide have it ( big extended family). So we might retain to receive calls if feasible price
    Hi lotsofthegreen

Landline only (with no call package) would be available at €25.78 per month however there are value packages available from our customer loyalty team who can be contacted on free phone 1901

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement