Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Tamper open fault

Options
  • 04-03-2015 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

hi all,

Alarm suddenly went off whilst unarmed. Fault light Amber and message says T7 open tamper(s). I checked all sensors in that area. All look clean. No recent work done in area.

2 questions

1. Any ideas?
    2. I cannot isolate that zone to use alarm for other areas, any suggestions?

Many Thanks,

S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

hi all,

Alarm suddenly went off whilst unarmed. Fault light Amber and message says T7 open tamper(s). I checked all sensors in that area. All look clean. No recent work done in area.

2 questions

1. Any ideas?
    2. I cannot isolate that zone to use alarm for other areas, any suggestions?

Many Thanks,

S.

There is some issue with a tamper on that zone. You could isolate the tamper side of the zone in the control panel to see if that clear the tamper.
    Please note that doing turns off the tamper for this zone.
    You could do a force arm on the system.
    Press 0 ** yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Springsteen

Hi Altor,

Thanks for your help.

Force arm you suggest says invalid key!

How do I isolate tamper I tried 0#7yes and it says open tamper.

S

P.s you were great help a few years ago with an older Eircom alarm we inherited with the house. Thanks for helping again.

Here is a link to the user manual.

I will send you the engineer manual by P.M.

Gentleman. Thanks Altor. Again!

Hi Altor,

Thanks for your help.

Force arm you suggest says invalid key!

How do I isolate tamper I tried 0#7yes and it says open tamper.

S

P.s you were great help a few years ago with an older Eircom alarm we inherited with the house. Thanks for helping again.

Force arm should work unless it has being un-selected in the user attributes.

• Advertisement

Hi Altor,

I can't access the service menu. I don't have the engineers code. I tried 04567 as per manual. Is there any way around this?

S

Hi Altor,

I can't access the service menu. I don't have the engineers code. I tried 04567 as per manual. Is there any way around this?

S

Send me a P.M. with who installed the system and I will check my list of codes.

You will need to reprogram the system after doing this.

Only by doing a factory default. If it is not locked it will work.
    Down power system, mains and battery.
    Remove link in center of board, power up on battery and this will ask you if you want to default the system. If it locked it wont default and you would need an engineer to do this for you.

If you dont have a list of zones then do a user walk test 0#3 to fine out all the names and zones in use. As you activate them they will appear on the keypad and the internal bell will activate.

If the tamper terminals are used for that zone in the control panel then you can just put a link across the terminals to close of the tamper circuit.

Advertisement