Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cllr Conneely does it again

Options
  • 04-03-2015 11:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

It seems he got more than one parking ticket which he did not pay?
    Cllr Conneely said during his recent visits to court to face charges of illegal parking

He also challenged the Chief Superintendent about the Garda being "a revenue collector & shooting fish in a barrel" in relation to speed traps - when in reality it's GoSafe vans. The Chief Supt's response: “The only bit of advice I can give Cllr Conneely is slow down.”
    http://connachttribune.ie/councillor-claims-gardai-are-revenue-collectors-234/

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Has he been photographed with the parking ticket yet?

Or maybe he'll pose standing beside a car this time, or pointing at the cop shop with that disgusted look on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fair play to the Chief Superintendent for not taking crap from politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

I have no time for Padraig Conneely - I think he's a complete eejit and am mystified as to who it is that keeps re-electing him ...

BUT ...

There is a point here. Take the QCB, Bothar Na dTreabh between Headford and Tuam roads and the Tuam road after Castlegar Church. These roads are all 50km, but you would be hard pressed to find any vehicle doing that speed on them. However, were the Guards to check on any given day, they would catch hundreds of cars.

Now, contrast that with the situation in Claregalway - after they put in the Bus Lane, they changed the speed limit to 50. However, as with the roads above, no-one did that speed and it seemed ridiculous to do so. Now, the limit as been changed to 60 with 50 being kept for the immediate village itself. The result? More compliance with the new "sensible" limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

serfboard wrote: »
    I have no time for Padraig Conneely - I think he's a complete eejit and am mystified as to who it is that keeps re-electing him ...

BUT ...

There is a point here. Take the QCB, Bothar Na dTreabh between Headford and Tuam roads and the Tuam road after Castlegar Church. These roads are all 50km, but you would be hard pressed to find any vehicle doing that speed on them. However, were the Guards to check on any given day, they would catch hundreds of cars.

Now, contrast that with the situation in Claregalway - after they put in the Bus Lane, they changed the speed limit to 50. However, as with the roads above, no-one did that speed and it seemed ridiculous to do so. Now, the limit as been changed to 60 with 50 being kept for the immediate village itself. The result? More compliance with the new "sensible" limits.

He made some valid points but of course, he goes grandstanding when it's himself that's been caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

What was he doing in the car in the first place - thought he was all about the cycling now.... :rolleyes:

Conneely-on-bike.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Conneely goes clubbing at 2am
    “People are encouraged and taken to this club where there are drugs freely available and alcohol sold, there’s a fee of €10 to get in. I’ve been contacted by concerned parents.
    I’ve checked it out myself and it is operating.”

This warehouse would not be in his constituency, would it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

"Some say they come looking drugs, dirty dancing, and pounding, pounding techno music."

But seriously, the difference between a "good" and a "bad" unlicenced operation seems to be a matter of personal taste. Some of them closer into town can be fierce "respectable" altogether and you'd be Scarlet if you were in there as a "found on".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

snubbleste wrote: »
    Conneely goes clubbing at 2am
    “People are encouraged and taken to this club where there are drugs freely available and alcohol sold, there’s a fee of €10 to get in. I’ve been contacted by concerned parents.
    I’ve checked it out myself and it is operating.”

This warehouse would not be in his constituency, would it?

No point in going here afterwards, because it has been demolished afaik. Or here, given the recent changes to the law.

PC is gonna clean up this town, one den of iniquity at a time.

Advertisement