Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomond Games - T&F Meet - 25/4

Options
  • 04-03-2015 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Saw this pop up on UL AC facebook page.

Timetable/list of events available on page (can't link it at the moment as I am in work)

On a personal level great to see an open 3k S/C on the cards as they are few and far between

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

https://www.facebook.com/events/909313215765880/
    This event is open to all public interested in competing. Colleges bring your athletes for the final meet of the college year! We are marketing this as a cross between an open graded meet and an inter-varsities.

This is an AAI permit event and Electronic Timing for all track events on the day. Times will count towards qualification standards. Races will be graded on times prior to competition day. Prizes for best male and female athlete of the meet and for winners in all sponsored events!

Track Events on the day include: 100m, 100m/110m Hdls, 200m, 400m, 400m Hdls, 800m, 1 mile, 3k, Mens 3k SC, 4x100m & a distance medley relay ( DMR ).

Field Events include: Long jump, high jump, triple jump, shot put and possibly Javelin & weight for distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

An opportunity for the boards DMR and if the strength of the 3k steeplechase is varied enough, this might be an opportunity for me to try it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

There's also Leevale T&F on the 18th but it clashes (for me) with the Road Relays.

http://www.leevale.org/attach/15/tfmeet/sen_prog.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Looks like a good event. Bit of an open-ended question but what sort of standard would usually turn up for an event like this? Would love to target the 3k at some stage but don't want to get destroyed. I can deal with being beaten but not humiliated!

Also, why isn't there a 5k/10k race? Too time consuming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Netwerk_Errer

Looks like a good event. Bit of an open-ended question but what sort of standard would usually turn up for an event like this? Would love to target the 3k at some stage but don't want to get destroyed. I can deal with being beaten but not humiliated!

Also, why isn't there a 5k/10k race? Too time consuming?

You'll be fine judging from last years results. The standard is pretty wide in general. The mile for instance was won in 4:2x last year but there was people still coming in near 7 minutes. There was a lot of college athletes running last year but the event was also setup to bring a bigger interest to T+F for people who want to try it.

I'd highly doubt you'd get embarrassed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement