Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice needed: buying a bike for long distance/rok

• 04-03-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,
    So I've been cycling to school, college, work since forever, all relatively short hops so no fancy gear or bikes etc just standard mountain bikes valued at probably e200 max.
    However...
    This year I'm going to do the ring of kerry and d some other short events in the run up to it and just get into cycling in a different way.
    So I'm looking for advice on what would suit me best. I'm going to a bike place on Friday with my dad who' s done rok and knows bike shop man well , so I'm not going to be completely blind but I suppose I'm looking for some input from any posters who might fit the same profile as myself and what ye did.
    I'm not used to racers and cleats and racer handlebars are alien to me but would I be fooling myself if I got any other type of bike?.
    Like, am I better off getting a hybrid of some description that's light but handles like a mountain bike etc.? I'd like a bike that i can hop on to get to work too if needs be (i already have a work bike but I suppose I'm thinking value for money/getting as much use out of the bike/good performance for serious cycling )
    My budget is around e300 but I am prepared to go to e500 if I thought it was the right choice.
    Apologies if this post is all over the place...it'll admit I'm clueless but I'd just like to have some ideas before I go there on Fri.
    tia :)

Comments

Advertisement