Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband deals in Cork city

Options
  • 04-03-2015 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

UPC bill just leapt from €33 to €75 there today with no notice (after 8 years) so I'm looking around. Had a quick look at uswitch. Thought I might throw out the question here too about the best broadband deals available in the city?

Cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

You must be the only UPC customer who wasn't aware of these price changes. It has been all over the internet and newspapers. You would have received a letter about it.
    Funnily enough I got more for less out of the changes so not all bad :-)

Did you ring them and enquire if you are on the correct package etc etc? Nothing else if gonna compare really broadband wise to UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Ludo wrote: »
    You must be the only UPC customer who wasn't aware of these price changes. It has been all over the internet and newspapers. You would have received a letter about it.
    Funnily enough I got more for less out of the changes so not all bad :-)

Did you ring them and enquire if you are on the correct package etc etc? Nothing else if gonna compare really broadband wise to UPC.

I got a letter to say the service was going up by €5 a month. That's it.
    I did ring them - I'm not on Horizon or anything, just an old 30mb modem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

shnaek wrote: »
    I got a letter to say the service was going up by €5 a month. That's it.
    I did ring them - I'm not on Horizon or anything, just an old 30mb modem

The price increase you mentioned is a bit much have you being onto them about it?
    They have a €45 a month package that is pretty great value other than that for broadband only Vodafone are usually the cheapest not by much though.
    I'd stick with upc if I were you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

54kroc wrote: »
    The price increase you mentioned is a bit much have you being onto them about it?
    They have a €45 a month package that is pretty great value other than that for broadband only Vodafone are usually the cheapest not by much though.
    I'd stick with upc if I were you though.

Bizarre, they never mentioned that package to me. Best they said they could do was €54. Maybe I'd be better off cancelling then coming back with that package. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

I'm on their 120Mb for €40 package as everything is over wifi, no point having the 240Mb one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭nialljf

What's the best broadband provider in the city at the moment? Not looking for a package with TV. Are there packages with mobile included though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

nialljf wrote: »
    What's the best broadband provider in the city at the moment? Not looking for a package with TV. Are there packages with mobile included though?

Vodafone
    https://www.vodafone.ie/home-phone-broadband/simply-broadband?gclid=Cj0KEQjw-tSrBRCk8bzDiO__gbwBEiQAk-D31e_S_F-p3dUm5mrS5NuxHUOJ7DPwCyPUan2SnTqzeKMaAgFc8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Advertisement