Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lusk to Green Isle

Options
  • 04-03-2015 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

need some travel advice. I have to be at the Green Isle Hotel for 10am Fri.
    I haven't been on the M50 for a long time, so how much travel time should I allow, from Lusk.

Going by AA Roadwatch on RTE each morning, its getting busier by the day, I think this morning they said an hour from M1/M50 to Lucan Exit.

Anyone travelling that route regularly in the AM, from NCD, advise, please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I will be traveling M50 to Sandyford in the morning and can ket you know how long it takes me.I have to be in Sandyford for 8.30 and will be making a slight diversion off the N3 to pick up my father but it will give you an idea.
    I am usually not far from M50 during rush hour and northbound can be a disaster judging by the looks of the tailbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

martinn123 wrote: »
    Hi All,

need some travel advice. I have to be at the Green Isle Hotel for 10am Fri.
    I haven't been on the M50 for a long time, so how much travel time should I allow, from Lusk.

Going by AA Roadwatch on RTE each morning, its getting busier by the day, I think this morning they said an hour from M1/M50 to Lucan Exit.

Anyone travelling that route regularly in the AM, from NCD, advise, please

Allow a minimum of an hour.
    Under normal driving conditions you could do it in a lot less, but traffic can still be busy at that time and if there is, or has been an accident you will be glad you gave yourself some extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

If you have to be there at ten and can't be late make sure to leave more than an hour.

Took me 1 hour 50 minutes to get from the start of m50 at m1 to Tallaght this morning and I believe yesterday wasn't far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

it could take 45 minutes or 2 hours, it can be very random

on the plus side, Fridays are usually a little bit quieter and the weather isn't looking too bad so you might be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I regularly drive Lusk to Citywest. On a good day, it's about 45 minutes. Tuesday took about 2 hours. Yesterday was slightly over 1 hour. Today was really good, and I did it in 40 minutes. Give yourself an hour and you should be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

bcmf wrote: »
    I will be traveling M50 to Sandyford in the morning and can ket you know how long it takes me.I have to be in Sandyford for 8.30 and will be making a slight diversion off the N3 to pick up my father but it will give you an idea.
    I am usually not far from M50 during rush hour and northbound can be a disaster judging by the looks of the tailbacks.
    Left Balrothery at 6.50 and was at Red Cow interchange at circa 8.00 including a diversion to pick up my father down which took about 15mins.
    Traffic was heavy but moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Leave at 8.30 to be safe. Better to be there early having a coffee than stressing in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Thanks for all the tips, guys.

Well at 7am I turned on the radio, to hear, both bores of the port tunnel were closed, with delays at the M1/M50 junction, so I left at 8am, went down by ALSAA, and right, then onto the M 50 at Ballymun.

Road was busy but it was moving, took a right to Clondalkin, where I got lost, eventually found the Hotel, at 9 am, and had a hearty breakfast.
    So an hour door to door, not bad.

Left at 4.45pm, and absolutely flew home, arriving at 5.15pm which was great.

Have to say, the M50 works well, when it's clear and moving, must be a nightmare with an accident, and delays.

Hopefully that's my last trip On that road, for a while, thanks again for the tips.

Advertisement