Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bit of a problem

• 04-03-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

Hi I had a ce4 ecig and decided to order a ce5 tank so I could change the heads rather than buy a new tank.

I got the ce5 today and when I use it with the ego battery that came with my ce4 , I can barely get a pull off it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Aside from the fact you're wasting your money on 5 year old tech, are you getting anything at all from it?
    The contact may not be making a good connection.
    This can be fixed with a tweezers or tiny screwdriver, you can very carefully and slowly pull/nudge the atomiser contact a tiny bit down, or in some cases the ego battery connection up.
    Otherwise its probably a bad atomiser head.

So many better options out there these days, fiddling with cr@ppy ce5's will send you back to the smokes. Spend a wee bit more money on maybe a Kanger Protank 3 mini (around €9), which will pair great with your ego battery, or go proper upgrade and get an iStick (€35-40) which will last you at least 2 days between charges with maybe the new GS Air (€10-12).
    You will not regret it mate.
    Replacement coils for the above attys are around €2-3 each, should last 1-2 weeks each too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Thanks. I am planning on getting a better ecig but for the moment im gona use this .

I am getting a tiny bit of a pull off it but only about half compated to the ce4 ?

Which part do I pull with a tweezers? Theres 2 rings inside it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Yeah Rottie, that'll fit yours. Anything that's "ego threaded" will fit your battery. Didihnos advice is good though, you'd be better off spending a bit more now to save later imo.

Yeah Rottie, that'll fit yours. Anything that's "ego threaded" will fit your battery. Didihnos advice is good though, you'd be better off spending a bit more now to save later imo.

The one I have is grand tbh but I might get the protank 3 as its not that expensive. Cheers

• Advertisement

Rottie, if you want to try pulling the contact out a bit, theres a wee metal thing in the middle of your atomiser base, its that bit you pull down, only a touch at a time now. If tweezers is too tight, try a screwdriver and sort of nudge/lever it from alternating sides to get it down a bit.
    Yes the one on the link above, Protank 3 MINI is the one to go for for you I think, nice and simple thing it is, with cheap replacement coils. Seems ot be out of stock on that link though.
    Try esmokeireland, vaperus, or any of the other Irish online stores.

Ya I just posted that link ive seen it now a few sites :) cheers bud

rottie 11 wrote: »
    About €6!

Personally, I'd buy from a trusted site, esmokeireland and the like.
    Never seen this crowd before. Someone else may have used them? Anyone?

Didihno wrote: »
    About €6!

I didnt mean the difference in price lol.

I meant why is one of them more expensive when they are the same thing ha

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think Didihno was saying that that is the only difference. I meant to post the same the other day but forgot, I went and looked to see was one ego and one 510 (that's the threading) but they seem to be the exact same bar the price. Use that little "ask about this item" button and if they get back to you quickly, they'll more than likely be good to deal with. If they take days to reply then give them a miss.

Yeah, I think Didihno was saying that that is the only difference. I meant to post the same the other day but forgot, I went and looked to see was one ego and one 510 (that's the threading) but they seem to be the exact same bar the price. Use that little "ask about this item" button and if they get back to you quickly, they'll more than likely be good to deal with. If they take days to reply then give them a miss.

I ordered the cheaper one already :O Ordered it friday and its just after arriving now.

Ive bought juices off them a few times and its always next working day drlivery if you order before 3 . Oh and free delivery aswel

Ah that's grand then. How are you finding it so far?

Ah that's grand then. How are you finding it so far?

It was deliverd to my parents house as that is where my bank card is registered still so havent tried it yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

:rolleyes::D:D

:rolleyes::D:D

Lol

Just tried it there . And im very happy with it , it fits the battery perfectly . Id never have known if ye didnt tell me so cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Just tried it there . And im very happy with it , it fits the battery perfectly . Id never have known if ye didnt tell me so cheers lads

It's great when we have the perfect vape,sometimes it just goes wrong,good luck with your new set-up.

It's great when we have the perfect vape,sometimes it just goes wrong,good luck with your new set-up.

Nice one bud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

About €6!

That was the crowd that sent me a non genuine Nautilus.

He refunded me no bother though

• Advertisement

Actually something was bugging me about that site and I couldn't put my finger on it, then I got it later on!
    The expensive one seems to be the one in the bigger Kanger box (although the picture shows a protank 2 mini!).
    You get and extra coil head and a beauty ring in the bigger box version IIRC, but the cheaper one in the smaller box has only the atty and one coil installed. Let me know if thats correct when your order gets in?!

moonboy52 wrote: »
    That was the crowd that sent me a non genuine Nautilus.
    He refunded me no bother though
    esmokeireland sent you a clone nautilus?

esmokeireland sent you a clone nautilus?

e-shop.ie

Actually something was bugging me about that site and I couldn't put my finger on it, then I got it later on!
    The expensive one seems to be the one in the bigger Kanger box (although the picture shows a protank 2 mini!).
    You get and extra coil head and a beauty ring in the bigger box version IIRC, but the cheaper one in the smaller box has only the atty and one coil installed. Let me know if thats correct when your order gets in?!

ya I got it yesterday and theres nothing spare with it . But I like it tbh

one thing tho , when I fill it up with liquid it dont last long , a full tank will last me half a day if im lucky ??

one thing tho , when I fill it up with liquid it dont last long , a full tank will last me half a day if im lucky ??

Check to make sure it is a genuine product rottie

Check to make sure it is a genuine product rottie

How?

How?

Get the code and go to the our website www.kangertech.com. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter the code in the "Serial Number" section to authenticate if it’s genuine.

http://www.kangertechus.com/warranty---ship-rules.html

Get the code and go to the our website www.kangertech.com. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter the code in the "Serial Number" section to authenticate if it’s genuine.

http://www.kangertechus.com/warranty---ship-rules.html

I threw away the box :O

I threw away the box :O

Ha! Ah, don't worry. Worst comes to worst it's a clone. I have a few aerotank clones and they're grand. It shouldn't be effecting juice consumption. Basically, the better the vapouriser the more juice you'll use. I can actually see the juice going down as I vape in the taifun I just received.

• Advertisement

It holds 1.5 - 2 mls of juice mate, tiny by 'modern' standards but its a good starter tank. I had loads of them once upon a time. Yes, you will probably fill it twice a day. Or in my case, I had three on the go with different flavours so I could last a day in work and fill at night.

Ha! Ah, don't worry. Worst comes to worst it's a clone. I have a few aerotank clones and they're grand. It shouldn't be effecting juice consumption. Basically, the better the vapouriser the more juice you'll use. I can actually see the juice going down as I vape in the taifun I just received.

im happy out with it anyway so I don't really care how much juice it uses . was just wondering because the ce4 used a lot less but also didn't taste anywhere as good :)

It holds 1.5 - 2 mls of juice mate, tiny by 'modern' standards but its a good starter tank. I had loads of them once upon a time. Yes, you will probably fill it twice a day. Or in my case, I had three on the go with different flavours so I could last a day in work and fill at night.

ya ive been filling it twice a day and that usually does me but had to fill it a 3rd time late last night :D how bad tho the juice is cheap anyway

Its getting harder to open it to fill the juice.. it keeps opening the glass tube rather than the bit I want to open .. its a fake I reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Its getting harder to open it to fill the juice.. it keeps opening the glass tube rather than the bit I want to open .. its a fake I reckon?

I have that problem with a Kanger Aerotank, and it is definitely genuine. It's a pity as it is my favourite tank.

I have that problem with a Kanger Aerotank, and it is definitely genuine. It's a pity as it is my favourite tank.

I genuinely cant open it , I have to go back to the ce4 now until I manage to get it open. Its annoying

• Advertisement

I genuinely cant open it , I have to go back to the ce4 now until I manage to get it open. Its annoying

Wearing latex/nitrile gloves when you try to open it gives more grip.

I like my kanger enough that it wouldn't put me off buying more.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Make sure you are holding the bit with the logo on it when you unscrew from the base. With most tanks theres no need to really wrench them closed tight. the rubber/silicone seals should keep em liquid tight without you over tightening them.

Wearing latex/nitrile gloves when you try to open it gives more grip.

I like my kanger enough that it wouldn't put me off buying more.

Ya I was thinking of trying a glove alright. Its not putting me off it but its a bit annoying thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

oh and the reason you are using more juice is cuz you have stepped up a rung on the vaping ladder, the protank will be producing much more vapour than the ce4/5 as its a much better tank system. this means you will use more juice to get that vapour.

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Make sure you are holding the bit with the logo on it when you unscrew from the base. With most tanks theres no need to really wrench them closed tight. the rubber/silicone seals should keep em liquid tight without you over tightening them.

I know but it just keeps sliding like its very greasy . I wiped it with tissue but still keeps sliding. Maybe I closed it too tight alrite

• Advertisement

Allan45121 wrote: »
    oh and the reason you are using more juice is cuz you have stepped up a rung on the vaping ladder, the protank will be producing much more vapour than the ce4/5 as its a much better tank system. this means you will use more juice to get that vapour.

Cheers not really bothered tho about using the extra juice because I enjoy it alot more than the ce4 :)

Cant I just fill it this way anyway?? Just unscrew the glass part and fill it? The other piece in the picture is the one I cant separate

Cant I just fill it this way anyway?? Just unscrew the glass part and fill it? The other piece in the picture is the one I cant separate

If it works for you. When I do that with the aerotank I end up with liquid everywhere.

Its after blocking up now?? Getting no pull from it. Thinks its back to the ce4 for me

Its after blocking up now?? Getting no pull from it. Thinks its back to the ce4 for me

If that keeps you off the smokes then go for it.

But in the meantime save up for this iStick Starter kit

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspireistick.htm

If that keeps you off the smokes then go for it.

But in the meantime save up for this iStick Starter kit

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspireistick.htm

Thanks I like the kanger one but its faultly I reckon. Its gurgling and im getting lots of liquid in my mouth. Going to buy a ce4 in the offie now and order another protank mini. Would the protank 3 fit my battery aswel?

If your battery is an ego one, then it will.

Your call, but buy something decent and stop all this heartache.

If your battery is an ego one, then it will.

Your call, but buy something decent and stop all this heartache.

I taut the kanger ones were decent no? I got a feeling the one I got was faulty so I want to give it one more chance. Il order from a different website this time aswel. And if its still not great il buy the one in the link that you posted :)

The Protank was the very tank i bought after a ce4.

Personally i think they are very poor. As soon as i got a Nautilus, i never touched the two i bought.

Just my opinion though :)

The Protank was the very tank i bought after a ce4.

Personally i think they are very poor. As soon as i got a Nautilus, i never touched the two i bought.

Just my opinion though :)

I dont plan on being on the ecig for years you kno so I dont really wana slash out on an expensive one. I wana get off it altogeher after a few months

• Advertisement
Advertisement