Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Hoops Loop" 5K Road Race, Leixlip

Options
  • 04-03-2015 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

"The Hoops Loop", Leixlip United fundraiser takes place on Saturday April 11th at 14:00 starting From Le Chéile AC running track, at the Leixlip Amenities Centre.

Run, Jog Walk

All entrants will be numbered and chipped for official timing.

Individual Registration €15
    Family Registration €25

for race details please check the "Race Calendar" at precisiontiming.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

LeixlipUtd wrote: »
    "The Hoops Loop", Leixlip United fundraiser takes place on Saturday April 11th at 14:00 starting From Le Chéile AC running track, at the Leixlip Amenities Centre.

Run, Jog Walk

All entrants will be numbered and chipped for official timing.
    O
    Individual Registration €15
    Family Registration €25

for race details please check the "Race Calendar" at precisiontiming.net
    Brilliant we really need foorball club organising a running fundraiser, am looking forward to the le cheile 24 hr football match...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Popular race day with the National 10K (Great Ireland Run) and the BHAA 10K in the K-Club also on that day.

Also I believe the usual Le Chéile AC 5k is on 3 weeks later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

adrian522 wrote: »
    Popular race day with the National 10K (Great Ireland Run) and the BHAA 10K in the K-Club also on that day.

Also I believe the usual Le Chéile AC 5k is on 3 weeks later.

Le Cheile AC are also helping to run a charity 5k on April 4th in aid of Bumbulance (you might have heard about it on Newstalk)

http://www.bumbleance.com/newstalk-bk5k/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Brilliant we really need foorball club organising a running fundraiser, am looking forward to the le cheile 24 hr football match...

Why can't a football club run one? I know of some football clubs that runs a higher standard of a race than some athletic clubs

menoscemo wrote: »
    Le Cheile AC are also helping to run a charity 5k on April 4th in aid of Bumbulance (you might have heard about it on Newstalk)

http://www.bumbleance.com/newstalk-bk5k/

The bhaa 10k is a great one, can't wait for it.

• Advertisement

Why can't a football club run one? I know of some football clubs that runs a higher standard of a race than some athletic clubs
    there's Enuf badly run non permitted races without adding in the possibility of another one a few weeks b4 the local athletics club one while implying that they have the support of the said running club and their track...

there's Enuf badly run non permitted races without adding in the possibility of another one a few weeks b4 the local athletics club one while implying that they have the support of the said running club and their track...

So are u saying this is a badly run race ?

Where did the poster say the athletics club is supporting it?

You do know communities usually pull together and its good to see.

So are u saying this is a badly run race ?

Where did the poster say the athletics club is supporting it?

Reread my comment and den Google what the Word "possibility" means and the Wat word "imply" means

The Le Cheile AC/Leixlip 5k is an excellently run race and they are organising 2 5ks around the same time as this one. 1 is a week before and one is 3 weeks after. Are you saying their numbers won't be affected by this race?
    Should athletic clubs not get priority when organising races?

The Le Cheile AC/Leixlip 5k is an excellently run race and they are organising 2 5ks around the same time as this one. 1 is a week before and one is 3 weeks after. Are you saying their numbers won't be affected by this race?
    Should athletic clubs not get priority when organising races?

U said le cheile was helping out in one of them, so they must not think so?

And if they are helping out, they don't seem to mind the damage to the k club ten k

There is a park run that's free on every week down the road from it, u against them also for hurting clubs?

• Advertisement

Reread my comment and den Google what the Word "possibility" means and the Wat word "imply" means

And the poster didn't imply anything, u are though

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

All for the community coming together but that doesn't mean it's right for a soccer club to host a fun run to make funds. It'd be like Raheny United running a 5 mile two weeks before Raheny 5 on the same course. Its absurd

eldiva wrote: »
    All for the community coming together but that doesn't mean it's right for a soccer club to host a fun run to make funds. It'd be like Raheny United running a 5 mile two weeks before Raheny 5 on the same course. Its absurd

It's a fun run, le cheile is club race, mainly club runners will be at. Our club will support it massively as they will support ours.

And the poster didn't imply anything, u are though
    The poster name checked both le cheile and their track...is dat not implying le cheile are involved....have u looked up possibility yet..

The poster name checked both le cheile and their track...is dat not implying le cheile are involved....have u looked up possibility yet..

It's the amenities centre. If I said a race was starting by croke park, would u say gaa are supporting it or imply they are supporting it.

Running is not owned by any organization, so people can organise a race if they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

It's a fun run, le cheile is club race, mainly club runners will be at. Our club will support it massively as they will support ours.

That's nonsense. Le Cheile is road race open to runners of all levels from club athletes to C25k and more importantly is a fundraiser for the club. I've friends and family in Le Cheile who aren't fully happy about this race being on.

It's the amenities centre. If I said a race was starting by croke park, would u say gaa are supporting it or imply they are supporting it.

Running is not owned by any organization, so people can organise a race if they like.

Athletics Ireland organises more than one race in the same county on the same day at the same time, just for profit and not worry about hurting the clubs race.

They set the example.

eldiva wrote: »
    That's nonsense. Le Cheile is road race open to runners of all levels from club athletes to C25k and more importantly is a fundraiser for the club. I've friends and family in Le Cheile who aren't fully happy about this race being on.

Never said it wasn't open, just said it attracts more club runners. Our club will be first there to support le cheile race

People can organise all the races they want ,....if u want to argue in favour of non permitted races fire away,maybe there will one near u soon,,,

People can organise all the races they want ,....if u want to argue in favour of non permitted races fire away,maybe there will one near u soon,,,

Athletics Ireland does that already, two permit races on the same day at the same time, less than five miles away.

• Advertisement

U said le cheile was helping out in one of them, so they must not think so?

And if they are helping out, they don't seem to mind the damage to the k club ten k

There is a park run that's free on every week down the road from it, u against them also for hurting clubs?

The 4th April race is being organised by Le Cheile (in partnership with Newstalk couch to 5k programme) in Aid of Bumbulance. The Early May one is their own club race. Both Le Cheile Races have AI permits as far as I know. The soccer club one does not.

The Kclub race is a BHAA race. As much as I love that race it is not an AI race or a club race.

Athletics Ireland does that already, two permit races on the same day at the same time, less than five miles away.

KClub is not an AI permit race....

The 4th April race is being organised by Le Cheile (in partnership with Newstalk couch to 5k programme) in Aid of Bumbulance. The Early May one is their own club race. Both Le Cheile Races have AI permits as far as I know. The soccer club one does not.

The Kclub race is a BHAA race. As much as I love that race it is not an AI race or a club race.

What about the 10k in Phoenix park that day, that is an AI race and permit?

KClub is not an AI permit race....

Was not referencing k club one their, it was 2 races from last year, a 5k in lucan and 10k in Phoenix park, both AI and permit

What about the 10k in Phoenix park that day, that is an AI race and permit?

Do u think meno works for Aai ,

Do u think meno works for Aai ,

Did I imply that?

Was not referencing k club one their, it was 2 races from last year, a 5k in lucan and 10k in Phoenix park, both AI and permit

That's bad form, but nothing to do with this thread. I guess Leixlip is in a different county to the GIR?

Did I imply that?
    No u didn't imply it ...u asked him a question only someone working for aai would know...that would lead me to believe u actually think he works for aai,

That's bad form, but nothing to do with this thread. I guess Leixlip is in a different county to the GIR?

But it's the nationals 10k and less than 10 miles down the road , to me that's not right also.

I know we moved our 5k race this year to Sept.

• Advertisement

No u didn't imply it ...u asked him a question only someone working for aai would know...that would lead me to believe u actually think he works for aai,

They wouldn't let a die hard Tyrone gaa man in there:)

Advertisement