Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this real? Mothers against gaming.

Options
  • 04-03-2015 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭

https://twitter.com/momsagainstgam

A cracked article led me here, a twitter page decrying the evils of videogames. Among the gems are declarations that legend of zelda encourages grave-robbing and makes teens afraid of the moon, as well as making tenuous links between minecraft and misogyny. Their ultimate goal seems to be to have games reclassified as "weapons training" to get them banned. :eek:

There are also serious overtones of sexism in their posts. Normally i'd assume this was a joke page, thinking people couldn't really be this dense but then again...it is America...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Americans + Parents + Internet Access + Limited Knowledge of Subject Matter = Hilarity

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Christ lads, of course it's not real :pac:

gizmo wrote: »
    Christ lads, of course it's not real :pac:

You sure about that? They make compelling arguments:

https://twitter.com/MomsAgainstGam/status/565496501133389826

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Don't cha know ? Back in the day we had a notorious period of kids jumping on people's heads, popping pills and eating mushrooms...

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Don't cha know ? Back in the day we had a notorious period of kids jumping on people's heads, popping pills and eating mushrooms...

What? Like in Limerick?

I'll see myself out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Cormac... wrote: »
    You sure about that? They make compelling arguments:

https://twitter.com/MomsAgainstGam/status/565496501133389826
    I'm pretty sure. I mean, I was on the fence after the picture of the N64 controller flying into the World Trade Center and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭qt3.14

Always liked this one. Apparently some comedian though, not someone from nintendo.
    pacman-drugs-video-games11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Surely someone has to start a "Parents for gaming" group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Poes law in full effect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Has to be a brilliant troll -

For similar to this, check out the *Christians Against Slipknot" page on Facebook, it may be made by the same people... :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

"My son won't listen to me, and it's all because he spends all day shooting people in call of duty"

It's an just an excuse for them being **** parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

calex71 wrote: »
    Poes law in full effect :D
    "Christians against dinosaurs" is a terrifyingly real thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I think there's only one more generation to go before gaming is world-widely accepted and not regarded as something dangerous. By that time comes I'll be old as sh1t, having my grand-nieces/nephews laughing at the state of my PS4's graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I'm fairly certain it's just a troll account.

Advertisement