Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on travel out of London

Options
  • 04-03-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hopefully a Londoner can help me.

Going to be flying into Heathrow on a weekend soon to buy something. Need to get to Welwyn Garden City straight after that. However, the seller will drive to pick me up if I can get somewhere handy and bring me back there again.

Is there anywhere handy that both of us could get to? Me going from Heathrow and seller going from Welwyn Garden City

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

King's Cross-St Pancras. The Great Northern train will take him there from Welwyn and the Piccadilly line will take you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Sorry, to be clearer, the person is living in Welwyn Garden City. They said if I fly into Stansted they would have picked me up at the airport altogether but Heathrow is too much hassle (I have no choice but to fly to Heathrow).
    And that they would try to think of somewhere convenient to get to out of Heathrow and they will pick me up to go to Welwyn Garden City together.
    In the meantime, they invited me to suggest somewhere myself.

Any ideas??
    Thanks once again

King's Cross-St Pancras. The Great Northern train will take him there from Welwyn and the Piccadilly line will take you there.

This could be an option. Thanks Kirby!!

Sorry, edit. That won't work. The person is driving.
    That suggestion of Picadilly is further into London City. I am trying to get away from London so they can pick me up and go to WGC together in their car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

This could be an option. Thanks Kirby!!

Sorry, edit. That won't work. The person is driving.
    That suggestion of Picadilly is further into London City. I am trying to get away from London so they can pick me up and go to WGC together in their car.

I think kirby means you could get the Piccadilly tube line from Heathrow to King's Cross, and then get the train from King's Cross to WGC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

You could get a NAtional Express coach all the way if you wanted but it'd be 2 hours or more. Your issue is that if the starting point is Heahtrow and you want to head north of London, most public transport options (other than coaches) will divert you into the city. Once you are going that way, it's probably easier to go all the way to Welwyn GC. If he doesn't want to drive to Heathrow, he'll certainly not want to drive to King's Cross, Finsbury PArk or anywhere similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Do you really have to fly to Heathrow?! Both Stansted and Luton are basically next door to Welwyn Garden City.

I know, long story but Heathrow is my only option.

I might have to go with the National express coach idea.
    Thanks for the input

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Bus to Hemel Hempsted and get him to collect you there (20 minutes from WGC and a 40 minute bus journey). Would probably be quickest and easiest for everyone. Though the frequency is a bit hit and miss!

Thanks for that Enda. Does that go bus go straight from Heathrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Thanks for that Enda. Does that go bus go straight from Heathrow?

Yeah. Nationalexpress.com has all the details.

It's from Heathrow coach station accessible by foot from terminals 1 to 3 I think. Easy enough anyway.

Got it, 12.50£ single trip. Thanks for that! Problem sorted

Advertisement