Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PC/PS4/XB1)

Options
  • 04-03-2015 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Prequel coming out this year!

The game, created by The New Order developer MachineGames, will launch on May 5 for $20. It will be available on that date for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC through digital channels only. The year is 1946 and the Nazis are on the brink of winning World War II. In an effort to turn the tide in the Allies’ favour, B.J. Blazkowicz must embark on an epic, two-part mission deep within Bavaria. Part one of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - Rudi Jäger and the Den of Wolves - pits BJ Blazkowicz against a maniacal prison warden as he breaks into Castle Wolfenstein in an attempt to steal the coordinates to General Deathshead’s compound. In part two – The Dark Secrets of Helga Von Schabbs – our hero's search for the coordinates leads him to the city of Wulfburg where an obsessed Nazi archaeologist is exhuming mysterious artefacts that threaten to unleash a dark and ancient power.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Reminds me of all things good about a recent Jimquisition episode where he was recommending different pricing tiers for different games and how games like this might actually end up having a LOT more buyers due to it's low price point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Wolfenstein: New Order was a dark horse for GOTY last year. It was a satisfying, enjoyable, and solid game when I think many people (including myself) thought it would be pretty average. Will definitely be picking this up, I might even pre-order it because I enjoyed New Order so much. Looking forward to this!
    As it is a prequel, does that suggest B.J. does in fact die at the end of New Order? The cutscene suggests he does, but I find it hard to believe MachineGames would kill off such an iconic character when they just got their hands on the IP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Based on the quality of New Order I'd have been willing to part with a few pennys more for this. Hope it's as good as New Order.

Edit: Wait it mentioned "Part Two" so will this be all one download or 2 separate ones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Falthyron wrote: »
    Wolfenstein: New Order was a dark horse for GOTY last year. It was a satisfying, enjoyable, and solid game when I think many people (including myself) thought it would be pretty average. Will definitely be picking this up, I might even pre-order it because I enjoyed New Order so much. Looking forward to this!
    As it is a prequel, does that suggest B.J. does in fact die at the end of New Order? The cutscene suggests he does, but I find it hard to believe MachineGames would kill off such an iconic character when they just got their hands on the IP.
    Did you not finish it, yes he died. The IP is more about the setting than the characters

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

calex71 wrote: »
    Edit: Wait it mentioned "Part Two" so will this be all one download or 2 separate ones ?

OH FFS, does everything have to episodic nowadays :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Did you not finish it, yes he died. The IP is more about the setting than the characters

I dont know if i'd be as sure as that.
    he called in the launch and then you saw the screen go to black, and heard the sound of a helicopter rotor, so there is an 'out' there for them

personally, I'd be happier if they just left it as it was and didnt make a sequel, it ended tidily.

Yeah, I finished it. I was referring to the cutscene where he calls in the launch on the fortress as he is watching the helicopter escape, but you don't actually see him die.

Also, if the game was more about establishing the setting, i.e. 1960's altered universe, then why are they going back to the 1940's for the expansion? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd happily pony up the money for this, the last Wolfenstein game was just so bloody good.
    Most fun I've had in an fps since Bulletstorm

• CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd happily pony up the money for this, the last Wolfenstein game was just so bloody good.
    Most fun I've had in an fps since Bulletstorm

Agree.....agree agree agree!!

Oops I just bumped the old thread. Didn't spot this one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Wolfenstein: The New Order was the most amount of fun I had with a fps game since Quake 2 and first fps on a console to genuinely impress me.

There's a lot out this year and from last that I want to play but this is the only title that I will preorder, in fact I think it may be the first game that I have done so with. New Order was not just the best game of last year or the best FPS of the decade but it's easily one of my all time favorite games. It's an unapologetic old school shooter with perfect shooting mechanics, great weapons and villains and features one of the strongest and most emotional storylines of any game I have played. Everyone owes it to themselves to pick the game up and play it, I'm currently playing through it again and can see myself returning to it a number of times int he coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Didn't think this would be released so soon, it's out now :D

No joy with a disc copy in any of the shops when I was in town so looks like a 37gb download it is.

No joy with a disc copy in any of the shops when I was in town so looks like a 37gb download it is.

Disc version isn't out until May 15th

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its 20 on the psn store?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Any reviews out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

€15.55 here PC Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Skerries wrote: »
    €15.55 here PC Steam

€15.40 from Greenmangaming using coupon code 23OFFH-OLIDAY-WEEKND. More reputable site.

• Advertisement

Any reviews out yet?

Nein out of Ten from various user reviews... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

€18.79 for physical copy on amazon for ps4. Cheaper than the digital copy and saves 37gb space.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

da gamer wrote: »
    €18.79 for physical copy on amazon for ps4. Cheaper than the digital copy and saves 37gb space.

All games get installed to the hdd, doesn't matter if it's disk or download.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've finished it already. It's only 6 hours long, but it was never meant to be a full length game in all fairness.

The tone and setting are quite different from New Order. There's a different tone to it, none of the giant set pieces or accompanying soldier. It's a far more personal setting, as you spend it alone essentially.

The entire first chapter of the original Wolfenstein is present in the game, with a sleeping point in each chapter.

It's a decent 6 hours of shooting, but nothing ground breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

All games get installed to the hdd, doesn't matter if it's disk or download.

Really? I didn't know that. Ah well, I'd still prefer having the physical copy and its cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

They should make a game where you play one of the villains. One of the experimental Nazis or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

If anyone is having trouble with the last boss on Uber difficulty, I found an easy way of beating him and getting the Trophy/Achievement.

CombatCow wrote: »
    If anyone is having trouble with the last boss on Uber difficulty, I found an easy way of beating him and getting the Trophy/Achievement.

Ha in New Order the cheap way to kill the last boss involved sitting under some stairs, this time more stairs and you sit on them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I heard this is a Lil glitchy right now, friend who has a decent video card said he can't run it on high settings without lots of tear and lag.

Advertisement