Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make up application in Dublin

Options
  • 04-03-2015 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where you can get make up done with 1-2 weeks' notice? I tried Mac a while ago but they were booked up. Preferably not too expensive, I've only seen prices around €50-55, so maybe around €40 if possible? I've tried Bobbi Brown as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Did you try mac in Dundrum? I've often just walked in and got mine done so I'd say there's a good chance they won't be booked up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Did you try mac in Dundrum? I've often just walked in and got mine done so I'd say there's a good chance they won't be booked up!

Yep unfortunately they are booked :(

Yep unfortunately they are booked :(

There's urban decay, benefit, smashbox in House of Fraser, and more. Or Harvey Nichols?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭chanelfreak

Have you tried Inglot? I totally recommend them, have had my make-up done several times and it has always turned out fab - not too OTT like. Plus its only €30

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I recommend Nars or Laura Mercier - lovely products & makeup applications I've had done are great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

I'd highly recommend a MAC trained girl called Jenny who freelances as "Make up Box." Have used her several times over the past few years for weddings, special occasions etc. Comes to your house and VERY reasonable. I THINK it was €35 for makeup with lashes. She has an instagram page "Makeupboxdublin" and the facebook page has lots of examples of her work.

Hope this helps :)

The issue I have with Mac, is that you will be caked in make up, and you will look.....generic. Everyone who walks out of Mac looks the very same IMO. There is very little training involved in becoming a Mac Sales person (and that's what they are).

Perhaps try a beauticians instead? I'd recommend Burgundy Beauty in Blackrock, or Brown Sugar in the city.

Check out her work before you tar them all with the same brush 😊
    Her facebook page has some very natural looks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Have you tried Inglot? I totally recommend them, have had my make-up done several times and it has always turned out fab - not too OTT like. Plus its only €30

+1 for inglot

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I had my make up done at Urban Decay in Henry St Debenhams last week and I was really happy with the results.

• Advertisement

SarahS2013 wrote: »
    Check out her work before you tar them all with the same brush 😊
    Her facebook page has some very natural looks too.

I've looked at her page and find them really orange, one girl looks ridiculous .she does really good eye make up though.

No probs, just my recommendation anyway. Each to their own 😊

Advertisement