Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed up online 25th Feb - Already want to cancel!

Options
  • 04-03-2015 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I signed up online to Eircom for TV, Broadband and Telephone - Already you have let me down. I was asked to pick a date and time to have this installed so aligning with the cancellation timelines from UPC I booked in for yesterday morning ...... nothing. I rang and was told this was cancelled and moved to 12th March - no reason given and I was told if I wanted an explanation I needed to talk to the person I booked it with. I explained it was done on line but they insisted I need to "talk" to the person I booked with - long fruitless conversation about the computers ability to answer me!. So today I get an email to say my installation is the 18th March!!!! 2 weeks after the date I requested why offer dates and times if they aren't available?? Why cancel this within informing me?? Why then do it a second time with no reason?? Do you just not want my business??

What are my options for cancelling my contract? Is there actually a contract given the above?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I signed up online to Eircom for TV, Broadband and Telephone - Already you have let me down. I was asked to pick a date and time to have this installed so aligning with the cancellation timelines from UPC I booked in for yesterday morning ...... nothing. I rang and was told this was cancelled and moved to 12th March - no reason given and I was told if I wanted an explanation I needed to talk to the person I booked it with. I explained it was done on line but they insisted I need to "talk" to the person I booked with - long fruitless conversation about the computers ability to answer me!. So today I get an email to say my installation is the 18th March!!!! 2 weeks after the date I requested why offer dates and times if they aren't available?? Why cancel this within informing me?? Why then do it a second time with no reason?? Do you just not want my business??

What are my options for cancelling my contract? Is there actually a contract given the above?
    Hi Mister Burns

If you would like to PM me your eircom account or order number I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Mister Burns

PM sent

PM sent
    Thanks for you DM Mister Burns

I am actively seeking clarification on this and will of course get back as soon as I can

Thanks
    Al

I am actively seeking clarification on this and will of course get back as soon as I can

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Alan

Any update today?

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Alan

Any update today?
    Hi Mister Burns

I have had clarification from efibre operations advising that the 18/3 is the earliest appointment available. They did recognize from the notes that you were previously advised an earlier date of the 12th however this was inaccurately advised and we would like to sincerely apologise for this.

I do fully understand your disappointment with this. I would like to assure you that I have explored all avenues in trying to arrange an earlier appointment and unfortunately this is not possible.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Mister Burns

I have had clarification from efibre operations advising that the 18/3 is the earliest appointment available. They did recognize from the notes that you were previously advised an earlier date of the 12th however this was inaccurately advised and we would like to sincerely apologise for this.

I do fully understand your disappointment with this. I would like to assure you that I have explored all avenues in trying to arrange an earlier appointment and unfortunately this is not possible.

Al

Hi Al,

Thanks for getting back to me.

A few outstanding questions .....

If there is a one month delay in installing from date of signing up why is this not advised during the ordering process?

Why was I allowed to pick 3rd March to install?

Why when 3rd March was changed was I not informed?

Thanks
    MB

Hi Mister Burns

Al

Hi Al,

A few outstanding questions .....

If there is a one month delay in installing from date of signing up why is this not advised during the ordering process?

Why was I allowed to pick 3rd March to install?

Thanks
    MB

It should have been explained to you that the date advised when signing up is a provisional preferred date and is subject to change. I do apologise for this.

I fully understand your disappointment with this but unfortunately I cannot arrange an earlier appointment. If you would like to cancel please contact eircom cancellations of free phone 1901.

Thanks
    AL

It should have been explained to you that the date advised when signing up is a provisional preferred date and is subject to change. I do apologise for this.

I fully understand your disappointment with this but unfortunately I cannot arrange an earlier appointment. If you would like to cancel please contact eircom cancellations of free phone 1901.

Thanks
    AL

Hi Al,

While I appreciate that it was only a provisional date that doesn't answer the question:

Why was I allowed to pick 3rd March to install? Your system blocked out a number of days from 25th Feb when I ordered which gave the impression that this represented the current delay between ordering and installation ......

Thanks
    AL

Hi Al,

While I appreciate that it was only a provisional date that doesn't answer the question:

Why was I allowed to pick 3rd March to install? Your system blocked out a number of days from 25th Feb when I ordered which gave the impression that this represented the current delay between ordering and installation ......

Hi Mister Burns

It should have been made clear that the 3rd of March is provisional and on a indicative basis only. This was ultimately agent error and will of course be dealt with internally. The only time an appointment is definite is when you receive a text confirming the date. As the march 3rd date was not confirmed or set there was no process to let you know if it being changed as according to the schedule of works there was no appointment set for March 3rd.

Al

Hi Mister Burns

It should have been made clear that the 3rd of March is provisional and on a indicative basis only. This was ultimately agent error and will of course be dealt with internally. The only time an appointment is definite is when you receive a text confirming the date. As the march 3rd date was not confirmed or set there was no process to let you know if it being changed as according to the schedule of works there was no appointment set for March 3rd.

Al

Hi Al,

So not getting advised re the 3rd was agent error. Getting advised the 12th was agent error.... what about not informing at time of booking that there is a circa 1 month delay in installation? Why is this not advised and why does your system give options to book installation mere days after ordering when it is not an available error - system error? Or deliberate misinformation?

Kind regards
    MB

• Advertisement

Hi Mister Burns

Al

Hi Al,

So not getting advised re the 3rd was agent error. Getting advised the 12th was agent error.... what about not informing at time of booking that there is a circa 1 month delay in installation? Why is this not advised and why does your system give options to book installation mere days after ordering when it is not an available error - system error? Or deliberate misinformation?

Kind regards
    MB
    Hi Mister Burns

I can assure you that it was not deliberate misinformation - I understand the disappointment and I agree this should have been handled much better. Unfortunately I can't arrange an earlier date but I can request a Good will gesture in the form of a credit for the delays and inconvenience created as a result of the delays once the service is installed

Thanks
    Al

Hi Mister Burns

I can assure you that it was not deliberate misinformation - I understand the disappointment and I agree this should have been handled much better. Unfortunately I can't arrange an earlier date but I can request a Good will gesture in the form of a credit for the delays and inconvenience created as a result of the delays once the service is installed

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,

Again thanks for getting back to me and I do appreciate the apology and the gesture.

Can I ask what actions Eircom have taken to ensure this does happen again?

Kind regards
    MB

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What is the point in setting up provisional appointments at all? Particularly if this is not clearly explained to the customer on the date in question? 

How can Eircom possible argue that this is not deliberately misleading customers not to mention seriously inconveniencing them?

Surely this is just treating customers with contempt?

Does it not occur to anyone in Eircom management that this non system is making Eircom look incredibly unprofessional?

Hi Al,

I'm beginning to think you guys are having a bit of a laugh in there. Got a call from the installation company and the technician is over booked on the morning of the 18th and wants to moves us to the afternoon - for fear of being delayed further I said I wanted the appointment kept - will be very disappointed if it doesn't happen on the morning of 18th at this stage .....

Kind regards
    MB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Please just cancel and do yourself and everyone else a favour, with any luck your cancellation will be the one that sends the company into liquidation.

Hi Al,

I'm beginning to think you guys are having a bit of a laugh in there. Got a call from the installation company and the technician is over booked on the morning of the 18th and wants to moves us to the afternoon - for fear of being delayed further I said I wanted the appointment kept - will be very disappointed if it doesn't happen on the morning of 18th at this stage .....

Kind regards
    MB
    Hi Mister Burns

Apologies for this - I'm sure this is perrceived as another cherry on the top of the existing issues so far but I can assure you that the AM appointment is still booked and I have noted the urgency surrounding this.

Apologies for the unnecessary inconvenience caused.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

So did the engineer turn up?

Hi Mister Burns

Apologies for this - I'm sure this is perrceived as another cherry on the top of the existing issues so far but I can assure you that the AM appointment is still booked and I have noted the urgency surrounding this.

Al

Hi Al,

So the engineer turned up and was followed by an Eircom rep - all installed and working. Thanks for all your help.

Kind regards
    MB

Hi Mister Burns

Al

Hi Al,

So the engineer turned up and was followed by an Eircom rep - all installed and working. Thanks for all your help.

Kind regards
    MB
    Really good to hear this Mister Burns

Thanks for updating the thread

Al

Advertisement