Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania Moments

• 04-03-2015 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

What moments over the last 30 years do you consider true "Wrestlemania Moments"? I see WWE using the term very loosely at times, it seems to be very important for wresters to have such a moment to cement their legacy. I'll get the ball rolling with the most obvious, Hogan bodyslamming Andre at WM3.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭briany

fan-undertaker-reaction.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wrestlemaniamoments13.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

macho-man-miss-elizabeth.jpg

WM-12.jpg

daniel-bryan-wm-30.jpg

Tons more but i'll let others post them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Foley going thru the flaming table against edge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

"Look at the flash bulbs. This is a Wrestlemania moment; March 17th, 2002, you can circle that date in your calendar. Quite frankly a match I thought we would never ever see."

"We'll never see Tyson and Ali, we'll never see Babe Ruth and Barry Bonds but we are about to witness The Rock and Hulk Hogan, only at Wrestlemania. Here we go, J.R.!"

I may have got some of that wrong as I'm working off of memory. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

One of my favourites is Wrestlemania 8....Sid and Papa Shangoo laying a beating down on the hulkster and then that famous Guitar riff belts out and we see Warrior having a lengthy sprint down towards the ring before laying a cartoon era beat down on the future psycho and pimp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

These 2 hands down for me, the ying and the yang, brought out the best in each other.

Wrestlemania 17 & 19 i think, not sure.
    14344%20-%20arms_folded%20hat%20match_card%20raised_eyebrow%20stone_cold_steve_austin%20the_rock%20wrestlemania%20wwf%20wwf_championship.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Best one to me is Brock beating Taker.

You can debate whether it was the right or wrong booking decision, you can examine it in detail in retrospect. But for my money, there's never been a bigger "mark out" moment. When Brock beat Taker, it was a genuine "Oh. My. God." moment, and I doubt I'll ever get the same rush of disbelief from wrestling again. Was a brilliant moment.

PE.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭briany

I wonder did Heyman know the booking decision beforehand. He seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't want to know so that his reaction would seem more believable ahead of time but then maybe managers need to know the finish in order to know if they're going to have a part of it (interference etc.).

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

The triangle ladder match at Wrestlemania 2000 was amazing for me. Never really seen wrestling like that before and was just so much fun to watch.

Bret - Austin for my money is the best wrestlemania match ever

Cena - HHH stands out as the moment I stopped watching for about 4-5 years. "So hes Hulk Hogan, great"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Warrior return (even if Papa Shango was late). "The Hulkster is impervious to pain!" Loved the Bret Hart/Roddy Piper Match as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Austin in the Sharpshooter covered in blood is up there for me.

Hogan working the crowd against The Rock in their match is something worth seeing for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Benoit and Eddie in the ring after Benoit won the title in a triple threat match

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Austin in the sharpshooter for me.

Oh.. and Mickie James versus Trish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Benoit and Eddie at 'mania XX
    Shawn and Razor at 'Mania X
    Daniel Bryan winning at 'Mania XXX
    Hardys VS Dudleys VS E&C at 'Mania X7

So many more great momens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Ruu wrote: »
    Loved the Bret Hart/Roddy Piper Match as well.

That moment when Piper has the bell in his hands but can't bring himself to use it as a weapon, loved that match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Specific moments. There's been a lot of matches mentioned. I love Owen standing in the aisle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

k1BGd2v.gif

Hope I'm remembering it correctly as WM19...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

edge.jpg

Best ever hardcore match at Wrestlemania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

HBKFlairWM24.jpg

Who's chopping all these onions!?!

• Advertisement

I always felt the moment was the start of the Andre vs. Hogan match, and not the slam as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lexicious

Hogan, Stone Cold and The Rock sharing some beers and talking trash at the start of WM30..

I had a smile like the cheshire cat.

The part with The Rock coming out completely caught me off-guard. I was already surprised that Steve Austin had come, but I wasn't convinced Dwayne was in attendance there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lexicious

The part with The Rock coming out completely caught me off-guard. I was already surprised that Steve Austin had come, but I wasn't convinced Dwayne was in attendance there.

I was exactly the same...I knew Hogan was going to be there (Though not sure he knew where there was, haha.) Then when Austin appeared I sat bolt upright...The rocks music hit and I damn near did a backflip in shock.

Watching those three have that moment was utterly brilliant, loved every second of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

hbkbye.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Not sure if it counts as a moment, but John Cena's entrance at WM 25 was pretty cool when you had stunt doubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

when i think of wrestlemania moments, its certain moments that in a 1 second clip or photo people will remember instantly the match and the mania it happened. hogan slamming andre, austin with the blood streaming down his face

some others...

cross-body.jpg.pagespeed.ce.pzZtCgK2pO.jpg

edge+spear+2.jpg

9ea48bf8625d205c5a3f4f43a36b3bd3.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

One I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned is Shane McMahon going 'coast to coast' at WM 17. A lot of 17 was pretty awesome in fairness though.

Advertisement