Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Htpc running Mac OS

Options
  • 04-03-2015 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to build a pc for friend of mine. He basically just wants something for videos streaming internet use etc.

Ive never built a pc around Mac OS before which he wants instead of Windows.

Some of the key features im looking for are a fast powerful processor (I dont mind using AMD) at least 8 gigs of ram and an ssd drive.

Graphics are not a big deal as it wont be needed for any major gaming.

Im not 100 percent sure on budget just yet as i have to run it all by him but the cheaper the better!.

Ive been looking around and making up sample builds myself but im looking for some feedback because of the Mac issue.

I dont want to be looking at parts that wont work how they should if there only supported by Windows.

Anyway any advice or sample build ideas would be amazing!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Would you be better off buying a Mac Mini? Maybe a second hand one and replacing the drive with an SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

^this, as far as I know hackintosh is a lot harder to do, than say installing windows on a mac through bootcamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

vlad2009 wrote: »
    ^this, as far as I know hackintosh is a lot harder to do, than say installing windows on a mac through bootcamp.

Ya i was looking at guides seems a bit complex. I could probley do it but just seems like it be a drawn out thing.

I doubt he wants to be spending loads of money on anything which is why i figured building a system would be cheaper as thats what ive done myself in the past.

Advertisement