Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Swap SSD and Windows Installation?

Options
  • 04-03-2015 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi!

I'M planning to buy SSD hot swap 2.5 - 3.5 unit like this:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/111546698822?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I want to create 2 (or might be 3) SSD drives with Windows OS on it.
    One SSD for me, settings to play my games and convert videos and to do other HC stuff - a lot's of pressure.
    Another one for my missus, quiet one - settings for facebook and skype and safe browsing
    Might be some stage in future will make one SSD for kids, for more safe browsing and so on.

Ideally everyone using them own SSD - OS and settings.

Reason:
    Two days ago I managed completely to crash our PC and needed to completely rebuild whole OS and drivers and settings.
    Almost whole day went by restoring all those important family pictures and videos ( puppy linux method ) - a lot of data and a lot of time..

So I came up with this brilliant idea to keep existing HDD's inside the PC only for file storage (photos and videos).
    OS to be installed on SSD ,one drive for every user group
    Example - if I'll manage to crash my OS system again , she still can log in to her Windows with her own SSD

Is it possible in real world ?

Advertisement