Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA Heists - Now Live

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I wish they'd split US traffic from the rest of the world at peak times. Seems to work well in a lot of PC games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Was a feckin UPC horizon problem, all sorted now Im open to invites :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'd like to get back into gta v online with this heist thing. I wasn't a very high level when I stopped playing. I know I can't do the heists without being a specific level but is it OK to level up or will I be battered by super high level guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Think the heists open at lvl 12. All you need is an assault rifle and you can dish it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Heists open at level 1 but you need to be level 12 to host one. You'll be grand with crew membes. Randomers can be a bit more unpredictable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

On atm

open to invites

niallcarroll19 ps3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Just finished the 3rd heist, absolutely unreal! If doing it, try get onto the ground team ;) nice payout too, the lads going mad at me because I took a bigger cut, yet they were getting 20k for each setup mission so in reality I only got an extra 50k, it evens itself out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Spent the entire evening doing the prison break heist, got stung to be the pilot repeatedly with randomers who just kept messing up, very frustrating.

Ill be on tomorrow night (probably till quite late) on ps3 as The_Jazzer if anyone would like to do some heists together, and mic's are almost a must...

I'm on now ps4, gonna start the Prison heist if anyone is interested.

Edit: got the dream team etcher, bomber and ron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Randomers are destroying these heists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Got kicked back to single player. Going to call it a night. Should be back on tomorrow night to finish the third one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Spent the entire evening doing the prison break heist, got stung to be the pilot repeatedly with randomers who just kept messing up, very frustrating.

Ill be on tomorrow night (probably till quite late) on ps3 as The_Jazzer if anyone would like to do some heists together, and mic's are almost a must...

I plan to try to be on tomorrow. As I said in another post, I'm only going to be getting back into it so might be a bit rusty. I do have a mic though. Seems like they'd be necessary for the heists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I'll be on the PS3 tomorrow night for a while so I'll see you then

Randomers are destroying these heists.

The gob****es I eventually get to heist with are head wrecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody on PS4 now wanna do the first heist from the the start? Don't want my first heist to be with randomers if possible ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 InnocuousP

Hi I'm new on this so feel free to bombard me with reply etiquette and such.

@Iseedeadpixels, How did you solve the UPC problem?

All internet tests on the PS4 here say everything's A-Okay but we can't stay connected for more than 5 minutes.

Also tried it on a PS3 and still no joy.

This is more than frustrating.

Benzino wrote: »
    Anybody on PS4 now wanna do the first heist from the the start? Don't want my first heist to be with randomers if possible ha!

Your first time should always be with someone you know and trust, it can be a bit daunting, maybe even wreck-less it with a stranger but if you got someone you know, then you will enjoy it. Just remember to wear protection!

InnocuousP wrote: »
    Hi I'm new on this so feel free to bombard me with reply etiquette and such.

@Iseedeadpixels, How did you solve the UPC problem?

All internet tests on the PS4 here say everything's A-Okay but we can't stay connected for more than 5 minutes.

Also tried it on a PS3 and still no joy.

This is more than frustrating.

Logged into the router and click upnp in advanced settings.

Thanks for the invites tonight guys but I couldnt get to them fast enough :( Night was ruined by noobs and quiters, I even got kicked from a servers by 3 guys who I made look **** :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just finished the Prison Break heist with a few clan members and a randomer there.

Holy fcuk that was nerve-wracking stuff! I was piloting the plane... fair play to whoever was in the helicopter shooting down the seemingly endless supply of enemy jets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 kenji

^^^

Nice take-off ! :D

I'm the pilot in the Prison finale at the moment, bollox of a plane.

+1 for bomber, etcher and ron.

Heist celebration point
    0KqE52ivfEuurPCaqKWIUA_0_0.jpg

Then things got weird
    aQxasDIcJkmfRN7Db7KO8Q_0_0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Christ that took just the 2 or three hours longer than I expected...

RIP farmer dude, may you drink many the pint of milk in heaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Holy fcuk that was nerve-wracking stuff! I was piloting the plane... fair play to whoever was in the helicopter shooting down the seemingly endless supply of enemy jets

When I was piloting last night I use to fly circles near the vinewood sign until the timer was nearly out. There was only 2 or 3 jets for the chopper to shoot down as the ground team were just out of the prison..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'll finally have the time to do some of the 4 person heists the weekend, hoping some of the 360 users will be online. Only got the Fleeca job done so far, mainly because of time and the fact that you could barely use the game the first few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

gonna start a 4 play PSN party later with w/anyone in my friends list from BRDS - PS4.
    Be about 7pm - feel free to add me in the meantime if you haven't got me added - Hingo

Hoping to do 2nd & 3rd heists but might need to redo the first if I host. (good for anyone that hasn't got on yet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'll be looking to start the second Heist later, I'll probably be online around 6pm or after.

Is everyone doing the heists on hard? How are ye finding it.

Kenjataimu wrote: »

Like Etcher says, Go Hard or Go Home. Hard is grand but you need teamwork. Expect a few retries but satisfying once it's done. Adds an extra 100k to the 2nd heist on hard

I only ever play on Hard, thats how I like it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Anyone on 360?

I have 2nd heist set up. Hard with randomers leaving /dying.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I'll be looking to start the second Heist later, I'll probably be online around 6pm or after.

I haven't started the second heist yet so if you see me on later when you're going to do it send me an invite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I haven't started the second heist yet so if you see me on later when you're going to do it send me an invite.

Will do.

Mic an absolute necessity? Have one on the way.

Mic an absolute necessity? Have one on the way.

Not for the tutorial heist but certain roles in the 2nd heist like the pilot definitely helps with a mic. Has to talk to the ground team about a collection at the right time. I'd imagine the heist would just become frustrating and not fun if ye weren't communicating.

Not to mention the laugh that you have when your chatting in the party :D

Not to mention the laugh that you have when your chatting in the party :D

Id guess so. Even talking to people with no mic in the hope they listen is frustrating

God I know, I remember meeting Monkeynutz in a session and basically I said shoot once for yes and twice for no.
    He misunderstood me and anything I asked was always 2 shots.......to me :(

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Not for the tutorial heist but certain roles in the 2nd heist like the pilot definitely helps with a mic. Has to talk to the ground team about a collection at the right time. I'd imagine the heist would just become frustrating and not fun if ye weren't communicating.

+1 on that, the guys I had that mission with had no mics took them ages to find me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

sheehy83 wrote:
    I'm the pilot in the Prison finale at the moment, bollox of a plane.

my pilot kept crashing. I thought he was just **** but is it that bad? think I'll do it myself next time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

The plane is shocking and completely un responsive if you need to change direction suddenly!
    The jets are fairly slow coming after you its not too bad!
    If your a pilot your better off getting up high over the lake and just keep banking in a direction

nc19 wrote: »
    my pilot kept crashing. I thought he was just **** but is it that bad? think I'll do it myself next time

Worse than bad. Takes ages to take off, really slow and to make everything worse, you get
    chased by fighter jets with rockets, if it's the finale of the heist anyway. Not much excuse for the setup mission where you get the plane though, straight take off and land mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Conchy

I'll be on the 360 later on if anybody wants to do any heists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'll be on the PS3 tomorrow night for a while so I'll see you then

What's the PSN you use when on PS3 Max?

MartellusOvammer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Going on now, gunna host the 3rd heist if anyone want's in. Haven't done the setups yet.

Tis on the ps4, ich bin Etcher if someone's not realized yet :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Anyone on 360?

I have 2nd heist set up. Hard with randomers leaving /dying.

I'll be hopping off it tomorrow day and night to do all my heists.need reliable compadres :)

Oh and a question..
    Every time I try to do the first heist with scumgangster, when we get to the bridge for helo pick up, the cargobob hasn't got a magnet and just hovers over head.automatically failing the heist.
    R* servers sh!tting themselves or bad nat/connection??

Be on tomorrow

milky0099 on ps3.

djflawless wrote: »
    I'll be hopping off it tomorrow day and night to do all my heists.need reliable compadres :)

Oh and a question..
    Every time I try to do the first heist with scumgangster, when we get to the bridge for helo pick up, the cargobob hasn't got a magnet and just hovers over head.automatically failing the heist.
    R* servers sh!tting themselves or bad nat/connection??

Probably a glitch. I done that cache clear on my xbox. I dunno if it helped but i had "less" trouble than i was having. and well it didn't do any harm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Just had my first taste of a full heist, I really enjoyed it, it all seemed very easy though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement