If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help/suggestions/advice with slightly upper tier wireless speakers....

Options
  • 04-03-2015 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

So as i've previously got solid to the point advice on here from my Soundbase (the Canton DM50) and the first bluetooth speaker I got (Cambridge Audio Go) I thought i'd ask for some advice on slightly pricier wireless speakers. 

So i've had my Cambridge Audio Go for a couple of months now and it's done a perfect job for me, I never really intended it for Musical use as it's only really for pairing up with my tablet for when I watch movies at night for improved sound but now i'm looking for something that will be primarily for music, something I can stick in my bedroom that can give me a high quality listen (ofcourse must be able to outperform both the creative pc Speakers I have and the Cambridge Audio GO I currently have)

In terms of budget i'm willing to go upto maybe £500 (give or take £20) if there was something special worth getting i've had a look around and there are several on my 'watch list' I think richersounds stocks the majority of these and ofcourse i'd much rather buy from you guys as i've had nothing but positive experiences previously.

So the ones i'm currently looking at;

Monitor Audio Airstream S200 (think this comes in the cheapest of the lot but universal positive reviews all round think it may be a touch on the small side for me since it doesn't look any bigger than the Cambridge Audio GO I currently have)

Audio Pro Allroom Air One (looks a solid allrounder a little bland on the design side but wouldn't matter if the sound was top quality)

Mission Aero (really like the look of this one it's design would even make it simple to use with my laptop aswell, only thing is I can't find a single review of it online so any thoughts views etc. would be very welcome)

So that's pretty much it, I did also consider the SONOS Play 5 but it's lack of bluetooth put me off it, if you have any other suggestions/advice please get back to me (especially on the Mission Aero) cheers!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Aryn86 wrote: »
    So as i've previously got solid to the point advice on here from my Soundbase (the Canton DM50) and the first bluetooth speaker I got (Cambridge Audio Go) I thought i'd ask for some advice on slightly pricier wireless speakers. 

So i've had my Cambridge Audio Go for a couple of months now and it's done a perfect job for me, I never really intended it for Musical use as it's only really for pairing up with my tablet for when I watch movies at night for improved sound but now i'm looking for something that will be primarily for music, something I can stick in my bedroom that can give me a high quality listen (ofcourse must be able to outperform both the creative pc Speakers I have and the Cambridge Audio GO I currently have)

In terms of budget i'm willing to go upto maybe £500 (give or take £20) if there was something special worth getting i've had a look around and there are several on my 'watch list' I think richersounds stocks the majority of these and ofcourse i'd much rather buy from you guys as i've had nothing but positive experiences previously.

So the ones i'm currently looking at;

Monitor Audio Airstream S200 (think this comes in the cheapest of the lot but universal positive reviews all round think it may be a touch on the small side for me since it doesn't look any bigger than the Cambridge Audio GO I currently have)

Audio Pro Allroom Air One (looks a solid allrounder a little bland on the design side but wouldn't matter if the sound was top quality)

Mission Aero (really like the look of this one it's design would even make it simple to use with my laptop aswell, only thing is I can't find a single review of it online so any thoughts views etc. would be very welcome)

So that's pretty much it, I did also consider the SONOS Play 5 but it's lack of bluetooth put me off it, if you have any other suggestions/advice please get back to me (especially on the Mission Aero) cheers!
    Aryn86,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you :)

The Mission Aero is a super unit but unfortunately we are currently out of stock and also I do think that there are actually better units around - the Monitor Audio S200 at £199.95 / €249.00 ( the yoyo price includes delivery) is honestly really exceptional - to be honest its NOT a £500 speaker but it does sound pretty remarkable and it also looks great.

If you could do without Bluetooth and wanted what I think is the best sounding wireless speaker around ( excluding the A W E S O M E Naim Muso which blows the budget: http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200925-mu-so.aspx ) I would go left field and grab a Denon HEOS 7 - this is part of the Denon Heos system which is a cohesive multi-room system ( have a look here: http://dgr.eu.denon.com/uk/heos but the website doesn't do it justice!)

The HEOS 7 is an interesting speaker - its a actually quite large and the bass it produces is pretty amazing - it works via your wifi network and a really great Heos App - it also has a USB input and standard 3.5 mm input for analogue legacy devices - of course it supports Spotify connect - interestingly if you want to use it in a bedroom it also has a headphone out!

You can connect up to 32 Heos units and any USB/ Streamed or analogue input into any of the speakers will then be available on any other Heos speaker on the network! Its a pretty fantastic system.

The bad news is that it costs €598 so it does blow the budget - the excellent news is that Denon are doing a 20% off promo on it at the moment so its really exceptional value at just €479.19 ( the UK retail is £499!)

Have a look here:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12832-heos-7-black.aspx

..and to cap it all - Denon are doing a no quibble 90 day buy and try money back guarantee,

Have a think and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Aryn86

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you :)

The Mission Aero is a super unit but unfortunately we are currently out of stock and also I do think that there are actually better units around - the Monitor Audio S200 at £199.95 / €249.00 ( the yoyo price includes delivery) is honestly really exceptional - to be honest its NOT a £500 speaker but it does sound pretty remarkable and it also looks great.

If you could do without Bluetooth and wanted what I think is the best sounding wireless speaker around ( excluding the A W E S O M E Naim Muso which blows the budget:  I would go left field and grab a Denon HEOS 7 - this is part of the Denon Heos system which is a cohesive multi-room system ( have a look here:  but the website doesn't do it justice!)

The HEOS 7 is an interesting speaker - its a actually quite large and the bass it produces is pretty amazing - it works via your wifi network and a really great Heos App - it also has a USB input and standard 3.5 mm input for analogue legacy devices - of course it supports Spotify connect - interestingly if you want to use it in a bedroom it also has a headphone out!

You can connect up to 32 Heos units and any USB/ Streamed or analogue input into any of the speakers will then be available on any other Heos speaker on the network! Its a pretty fantastic system.

The bad news is that it costs €598 so it does blow the budget - the excellent news is that Denon are doing a 20% off promo on it at the moment so its really exceptional value at just €479.19 ( the UK retail is £499!)

Have a look here:

..and to cap it all - Denon are doing a no quibble 90 day buy and try money back guarantee,

Have a think and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi thanks for getting back to me, I must admit I made sure NOT to mention the wonderful looking Naim Muso as it's just too expensive though if money was no object there's no doubt i'd get it as it's has universal 5/5 reviews and is tagged as being the absolute best of it's class.
    The Denon's lack of bluetooth is a bit of a deal breaker for me or else i'd have probably even opted for the Sonos Play 5 wich is another nice speaker i've managed to get a listen to.

In terms of both design (and hopefully) sound I really felt the Mission Aero was leading the pack especially considering I found it for £450 at an alternative supplier, there's also the JBL L8 which i've also been keeping an eye on again for about £500 but I don't think richersounds stocks it at this moment in time.

Out of interest and if it's not too much trouble could you give your own top 3 wireless (bluetooth enabled) speakers that you sell £500 and under? cheers, and thanks again.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Certainly two that spring to mind are the Cambridge minx air 200

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200405-minx-air-200.aspx

and the Q Acoustics BT3

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12597-bt3.aspx

I am assuming that from the fact you really want bluetooth you plan on using the unit where you have no wi-fi access ?  If it will be used where you have wi-fi I would really conciser John's recommendation of a Heos.  You can still stream music from any Andriod or IOS device which has the app installed.  Also Bluetooth is little more than line of sight, where as the music will continue to play provided you don't stray outside the range of your wifi

Regards Stephen

A question for both of you, i've been pondering it for about two weeks now and the more I think about it the more I want the Naim MUSO despite it's VERY hefty price tag...my question to you is what are your personal views on it? is it really as spectacular as almost every review i've ever seen says it is? because honestly speaking i'd be willing to save up for a few months to get it if it's as special as everyone says it, it's an absolutely fantastic looking bit of kit. If it is the real deal i'd much rather wait a while and get it as opposed to coughing up £500 on something that's very good but not great.

A question for both of you, i've been pondering it for about two weeks now and the more I think about it the more I want the Naim MUSO despite it's VERY hefty price tag...my question to you is what are your personal views on it? is it really as spectacular as almost every review i've ever seen says it is? because honestly speaking i'd be willing to save up for a few months to get it if it's as special as everyone says it, it's an absolutely fantastic looking bit of kit. If it is the real deal i'd much rather wait a while and get it as opposed to coughing up £500 on something that's very good but not great.
    The Naim is an amazing piece of kit and sounds astonishing, and is well worth the price tag.  As they say the quality will be remembered long after the price is forgotten.  I am not sure where you are based but if you come up to the shop for a demo of it I will I will be shocked if you don't agree with me

Regards Stephen 

• Advertisement

The Naim is an amazing piece of kit and sounds astonishing, and is well worth the price tag.  As they say the quality will be remembered long after the price is forgotten.  I am not sure where you are based but if you come up to the shop for a demo of it I will I will be shocked if you don't agree with me

Regards Stephen 
    Hi i'm in Sheffield, we do have a richersounds store here but I must admit i've never been in it (other side of the city) despite the fact i've purchased several products from richersounds online and the richersounds ebay shop.

So would you say it is definitely worth the price? and it's cream of the crop quality? I will probably try to pop into my local at some point to get a demo but just want to make a decision on if I should just save up and aim for it instead of other half measures because if it is spectacular I would gladly just wait a few months so I can pick one up.

As I said I think the Naim is well worth the money, I would recommend you get a listen to it and decide for yourself.  I have never have anyone who has heard it be disappointed

Regards Stephen

Regards Stephen 
    Hi i'm in Sheffield, we do have a richersounds store here but I must admit i've never been in it (other side of the city) despite the fact i've purchased several products from richersounds online and the richersounds ebay shop.

So would you say it is definitely worth the price? and it's cream of the crop quality? I will probably try to pop into my local at some point to get a demo but just want to make a decision on if I should just save up and aim for it instead of other half measures because if it is spectacular I would gladly just wait a few months so I can pick one up.
    Its just the best - no contest - it really does blow every other BT speaker out of the water - and the build quality is S U P E R B - the only tiny tiny niggle is that the replacement alternative colour speaker grilles are really too expensive - but I'm being super picky - as soon as I can work out how I can smuggle an £895 Bluetooth speaker into my house without being killed - I'll be having one, 100%

Its just amazing!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200925-mu-so.aspx

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Regards Stephen 

Its just the best - no contest - it really does blow every other BT speaker out of the water - and the build quality is S U P E R B - the only tiny tiny niggle is that the replacement alternative colour speaker grilles are really too expensive - but I'm being super picky - as soon as I can work out how I can smuggle an £895 Bluetooth speaker into my house without being killed - I'll be having one, 100%

Its just amazing!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Pretty much sold on it tbh, and haha at getting it in the house I think i'd face similar problems when nosy members of my family start asking how much that 'expensive car turbo looking thing' costs. Not too bothered about the grill covers if i'm being honest as I much prefer the original black cover over the other colours.

Do you know what type of warranty/guarantee it comes with? particularly if I order from you guys.

its good news:

https://www.naimaudio.com/extended-parts-warranty

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200925-mu-so.aspx

(well good news, except given the price, its a further nail in your 'do I really need to spend quite this much money for a speaker' mental wrangle )

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Hi guys just popping back to ask about the Sony SRS-X9 I noticed you stock it and it gets very highly rated and has lots of positive reviews (including a 5* one from Whathifi) so was wandering what your opinion on it was?

Still have my heart set on the Muso which i'm waiting to get sooner or later but other speakers still manage to peak my interest.

Hi guys just popping back to ask about the Sony SRS-X9 I noticed you stock it and it gets very highly rated and has lots of positive reviews (including a 5* one from Whathifi) so was wandering what your opinion on it was?

Still have my heart set on the Muso which i'm waiting to get sooner or later but other speakers still manage to peak my interest.
    Hi Aryn86.

The reviews for the Sony are very good indeed. However I have not heard it up and running so can not really comment on the overall sound quality.

We have ordered a few in for customers but the Muso has out sold it by far through our store.

You should call to the sheffield store and check if they have them on display and get a listen to the products. Its always better to have a good listen to help make up the mind but the Pioneer would need to be amazing to beat the Muso in my book :)

Hi guys just wanted to let you know I ended up going with the Sony SRS-X9 after some short testing, I got it for close to £300 after a price beat and must say i'm very happy with it as it's the perfect size and fulfills all my needs in terms of all it's connections and playback options not to mention the rich detailed sound it produces.

Now I did manage to get an audition of the Muso and it can't be denied it is as beautiful as it is powerful a sensational performer but in the end getting to see it in person made me realise it would be wasted in my bedroom for those casual listening sessions and the type of speaker it was it deserved to be in a big living room where it could really shine.

Overall i'm very happy with my purchase and just wanted to thankyou for the help.

Hi guys just wanted to let you know I ended up going with the Sony SRS-X9 after some short testing, I got it for close to £300 after a price beat and must say i'm very happy with it as it's the perfect size and fulfills all my needs in terms of all it's connections and playback options not to mention the rich detailed sound it produces.

Now I did manage to get an audition of the Muso and it can't be denied it is as beautiful as it is powerful a sensational performer but in the end getting to see it in person made me realise it would be wasted in my bedroom for those casual listening sessions and the type of speaker it was it deserved to be in a big living room where it could really shine.

Overall i'm very happy with my purchase and just wanted to thankyou for the help.
    Hi Aryn86.

Excellent that you got sorted with the Sony.

Did you manage to make it to the Sheffield store in the end?

Should you ever require anything else drop me a post.

Hi Aryn86.

Never got to the local but was visiting a friends house in London and went to a John Lewis store, it was early morning and there was hardly anyone about that's where I got to test it out.

I was going to open another thread to ask about something else but may aswell keep it here, it's about 5.1 surround sound systems that would work well with a pc/laptop are there any that you sell that you'd recommend? I don't mean PC specific ones either i'm talking the regular kind you'd set up with your tv but maybe smaller so they'd work with a pc or laptop aswell, i'm looking into my options as I don't have a surround sound setup in the house and was thinking about trying a small one out in my bedroom but the PC only options are really clunky and ugly looking and normally by crap companys logitech.

Hi Aryn86.

Never got to the local but was visiting a friends house in London and went to a John Lewis store, it was early morning and there was hardly anyone about that's where I got to test it out.

I was going to open another thread to ask about something else but may aswell keep it here, it's about 5.1 surround sound systems that would work well with a pc/laptop are there any that you sell that you'd recommend? I don't mean PC specific ones either i'm talking the regular kind you'd set up with your tv but maybe smaller so they'd work with a pc or laptop aswell, i'm looking into my options as I don't have a surround sound setup in the house and was thinking about trying a small one out in my bedroom but the PC only options are really clunky and ugly looking and normally by crap companys logitech.
    Hi Aryn86.

What connections are on the laptop as outputs?

If it has HDMI out then there are many many options.

Just an example would be the Pioneer HTP072 priced at £199.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/pioneer/htp072/pion-htp072

This would do everything you require.

Hi Aryn86.

Hi Aryn86.

Haave you by any chance tested out the Yamaha SRT1000 soundbase? is so how would you compare it to the Canton DM50? I ask because i've put it on my agenda as a possible buy to stick under my new laptop (finally figured out how to get a soundbase to work with a laptop) and i've got the space on desk to fit it on but just wanted to know your thoughts on it, also I see you guys have got a super offer on it at the moment.

Hi Aryn86.

Hi Aryn86.

Haave you by any chance tested out the Yamaha SRT1000 soundbase? is so how would you compare it to the Canton DM50? I ask because i've put it on my agenda as a possible buy to stick under my new laptop (finally figured out how to get a soundbase to work with a laptop) and i've got the space on desk to fit it on but just wanted to know your thoughts on it, also I see you guys have got a super offer on it at the moment.
    Hi Aryn86.

We have both soundbases on display here at out store and the Canton sound much much better.
    The Canton has more depth and a more refined sound to it.

The Canton DM50 currently priced at 429.99 Euro.
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200336-dm-50-black.aspx

The reviews on the Canton really are deserved. Plenty of the Canton in stock.

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please ask.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.