Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helldivers [PS4 Co-Op shooter]

Options
  • 04-03-2015 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has anyone played Helldivers yet? I'd be interested in people's impressions here. Would also be good to know if fellow Boards members are going to be playing it.

Destiny has really given me a taste for co-operative multiplayer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Played a small bit last night.. roughly 5-6 missions with 3 other guys.

Had a lot of fun with it.

There is a long training session beforehand but it's needed as there is a bit to take in.

I can see myself really enjoying this.

Anyone else get this?

Have a few lads playing but it'd be good to see if a few boardsies have the game too.

Tackling level 7 or so missions now. This game is seriously tough. It can also be pretty hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Yup, started playing last night so still on easy/medium missions. So much fun. 3 of us playing local co-op but gonna try some online multiplayer later I think.

IRL Zangetsu on PSN if you wanna tackle some levels later on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Just watched the guys from AH do a lets play on this. It looks fantastic. Seriously tempted to take a punt on this, and for only 20 quid could be a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Played this for a few hours last night with some friends online.

It is a mix of Starship Troopers and Destiny, in terms of aesthetics and plays so well. The tension when you are surrounded is not something I have experienced very often.

A definite recommend for me.

• Advertisement

It's brilliant. Well worth €20 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

How does the co-op work in terms of scaling, like let's say I'm doing a level 4 mission or something, is there any incentive for other boardsies who are like level 12 to join me? It seems like a game that would be made a lot better playing with other boardsies

Cormac... wrote: »
    How does the co-op work in terms of scaling, like let's say I'm doing a level 4 mission or something, is there any incentive for other boardsies who are like level 12 to join me? It seems like a game that would be made a lot better playing with other boardsies

The game doesn't scale. You just have to choose which missions you want to play.

Each planet will have it's extra benefit so that's the only incentive really. That said I've played lower level missions just to help out friends so that's enough incentive really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Does it support local co-op?

Does it support local co-op?

Yes

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »

Each of the three systems have planets that swap out when you complete them. Each planet in a system has a difficulty from piss easy to hard-as-nails. You will level up regardless, though obviously quicker on the higher difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Picked this up yesterday. I can see it being seriously good fun co-op and particularly local co-op.

• This is getting rave reviews, I might pick it up? You online tonight tok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Anyone play it on the vita? Is it cross save with PS4?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This is getting rave reviews, I might pick it up? You online tonight tok?

Ya I play it a decent bit. Bloody tough to getting around to playing all these co op games.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Having listened to IGN's Podcast Beyond, they were talking about this game a lot and I took the plunge and am currently downloading it. It looks like great fun.

Anyone play it on the vita? Is it cross save with PS4?

It is cross-save AND cross-play (Vita players can play with PS4 and PS3 players).

Yup. I plan on testing that out when I travel home next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Had a few games today, was good fun. Any one played on the ps4 with some onew on the ps3? Any issues partying up?

Some of the best fun I've had with online multiplayer. That_Guy2799 if anybody fancies a few games sometime.

What I lack in gaming skills, I make up for in drunken banter. ;)

• Advertisement

• That_Guy wrote: »
    Some of the best fun I've had with online multiplayer. That_Guy2799 if anybody fancies a few games sometime.

What I lack in gaming skills, I make up for in drunken banter. ;)

Reminds me of me pacman.gif

Reminds me of me pacman.gif

Oh kindred spirit, where have you been all of my life. :D

Helldivers is fast becoming my favourite game of the year so far. I actually look forward to jumping online every evening for a go, to the point where I am starting to think about the game during the day - that never happens with me.

I wrote a review, if anyone is interested.

Nice review. :)

Any of ye fancy a few games later round 9pm?

Some new objectives and a new world for free. That's pretty cool.

• tok9 wrote: »

Some new objectives and a new world for free. That's pretty cool.

I haven't touched this since the last time we played online :o
    Scratch that the PS4 in general...

I haven't touched this since the last time we played online :o
    Scratch that the PS4 in general...

And I haven't had time because I've so many games to play on the PS4! :P

Advertisement