Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logging in using OWA

Options
  • 04-03-2015 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I am trying to access my work outlook emails from home using OWA (internet explorer 11).
    Whenever the log in box comes up it keeps defaulting the user name to ? lap top user name instead of letting me put in my work email username. It is greyed out and I can't seem to change it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop it defaulting the username?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

pixela wrote: »
    Hi,

I am trying to access my work outlook emails from home using OWA (internet explorer 11).
    Whenever the log in box comes up it keeps defaulting the user name to ? lap top user name instead of letting me put in my work email username. It is greyed out and I can't seem to change it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop it defaulting the username?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Try the following:
    Click the Cog wheel icon in Internet Explorer -> Safety->In private browsing. Navigate to your companies OWA page. Does the OWA portal still detect your laptop username in private browsing mode?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pixela

Hi Nick, I ended up deleting the Microsoft account on the laptop and creating an ordinary account (not connected to Microsoft) and it seems to be working for me. Thanks for the advice though.

Advertisement