Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert. geography field study

• 04-03-2015 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Yes folks, decided I would start a thread about the field study we all have to do as I thought it would be helpful for everyone to put up different directions they're taking. It's 20% and pretty important! Obviously don't be thick and copy what someone puts up.
    Personally I'm doing glacial erosion...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 A.B123

tcofla wrote: »
    Yes folks, decided I would start a thread about the field study we all have to do as I thought it would be helpful for everyone to put up different directions they're taking. It's 20% and pretty important! Obviously don't be thick and copy what someone puts up.
    Personally I'm doing glacial erosion...
    I'm doing processes of erosion in a fluvial environment, just wondering is there any sample booklets around to get an idea of the actual layout. The word limitations are too short in some areas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

A.B123 wrote: »
    I'm doing processes of erosion in a fluvial environment, just wondering is there any sample booklets around to get an idea of the actual layout. The word limitations are too short in some areas

We just full on ignored the word count in ours. You aren't docked marks for it

We just full on ignored the word count in ours. You aren't docked marks for it

Ah I see, have you a sample I could look at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tcofla

There's supposed to be a good book by sue Honan in easons on river processes as a field study. No examiner will waste their time but apparently they like to see less words as it shows u can compact all you know

There's supposed to be a good book by sue Honan in easons on river processes as a field study. No examiner will waste their time but apparently they like to see less words as it shows u can compact all you know

Thanks very much !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

My project is pretty much done... so I'm not really helpful

A.B123 wrote: »
    Ah I see, have you a sample I could look at ?

No, I have what a copied into my one. Aren't you doing it in school?

yes but we only did fieldwork last week and are currently preparing a practice booklet. Was just hoping to get a breif look at a booklet already done somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

We haven't even started our write-up and haven't been given any instruction even though we did the study in November !

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

if anyone is doing glacial erosion in glendalough pop me a message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I'm doing coastal erosion, I just need to write it up in the proper booklet now. Thank Christ, can't wait 'til the LC is over and I never have to look at geography again!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

anyone doing water pollution?

Anybody have any tips for the gathering of information section?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

Anybody have any tips for the gathering of information section?

only say what you did, you measured/observed/identified. dont say what you actually found though e.g we mesured the slope of the u-shape valley at T110990. We did this by getting a clinometer and blah blah blah.

also no harm identifying issues u came across while doing the task , 9 SRPs are needed on each task

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

How strict are they on the word count

OMGeary wrote: »

They aren't

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

OMGeary wrote: »
    They aren't

Within reason, obviously. Part of the brief is to see can you be concise.

spurious wrote: »
    Within reason, obviously. Part of the brief is to see can you be concise.

I think everyone is under enough pressure to get it done without farting on about irrelevant crap :p

I was told to ignore it and just write all of my relevant info anyways, could be wrong with that though

Any body have any advice for results conclusions evaluations?

• Advertisement
Advertisement