Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a job as a game development and programming teacher.

• 04-03-2015 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi Everyone.

I have just received my masters in digital games and my undergraduate degree was in software development.

I taught English for two years abroad previously and loved it.

I'd really like to teach game development/programming but I don't really know where I can find out more information about this. There aren't many job listings around.

I don't have a teaching degree but I think I was planning on teaching adults for now.

Where would be the best places to apply for this sort of job? Are many institutions looking for lecturers/teachers in this area?

Even though for now I'm looking into teaching adults, would secondary schools seek someone with these qualifications?

If anyone has any information regarding teaching adults game development and programming or if you have any advice on this matter I would be delighted to hear it!

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement