Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROS Scheme House Being Sold

Options
  • 04-03-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

If a House is Being sold with 3 Years left on the RAS contract with the council ,and a sitting tennant in place, what are the obligations on the new owner/landlord? Do they just continue and see out the remainder of the contract or is a new one drawn up? Also what happens at the end of a RAS contract is the property returned by the council to the owner with vacant posession ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

sohappy wrote: »
    If a House is Being sold with 3 Years left on the Ros contract with the council ,and a sitting tennant in place, what are the obligations on the new owner/landlord? Do they just continue and see out the remainder of the contract or is a new one drawn up? Also what happens at the end of a ros contract is the property returned by the council to the owner with vacant posession ?

You mean the RAS scheme? I'd also like to know the answer. I'd assume contract is with landlord so sale would terminate this contract and then be given the required notice. I'm only guessing though.

I think I saw the add you're referring to. Dublin City Centre apartment. The agent had advertised the fact that there was a RAS tenant in place until 2017 paying significantly under market rent as a feature of the sale.

I really can see the benefit myself. Something doesn't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In Waterford, landlords are told that selling the house is not a valid reason for sale, so tennant stays until the end of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭1moreyr

Contract is terminated with sale of house (notice must be given to tenant). When landlords sign up to RAS they know that contract can be ended by selling or by moving back into the property themselves. New landlord has no obligation to sign up to RAS. The county council will have to find other accommodation for the tenant but in the current climate with rising rents etc it is very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

Thanks for the replies, I cant seem to find any reference to it online on any of the different councils RAS documentation,

Advertisement