Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase for a Qualified Adult (IQA)

Options
  • 04-03-2015 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm really hoping someone can HELP me with this.

Ok so I've just got a job in N.Ireland

The pay is not great but against the rate of Euro at the minute it's not bad I suppose.

€360 But that's before TAX etc!!!!

Now here's the thing,
    Myself and my partner are cohabiting and we were told if she puts me under her claim to get an Increase for a Qualified Adult (IQA) then she will still receive her normal jobseekers allowance payment. But if she DOES NOT do that she could loose all her money and I would have to support both of us on that wage and pay bills, rent etc.

Now it says on the Citizens Information website that if your partner, spouse or cohabitant earns more than €310 per week YOU WILL NOT GET AN IQA...

Does this mean she will loose all her allowance does anyone please know or have been down this road?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

So in your case "Means" as a couple will be assessed in the same way as for a single person so
    €360 - 3 days x €20 (€60) =€300
    then 60% 0f €300 = €180 .... so your weekly means are assessed as €180

Your partners current payment would be a personal rate of 188 + you (qualified adult rate ) of 124.80 = 312.80. So 312.80 - 180= 132.80, this would be in and around the amount your partner would receive, if your net payment is €360.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So in your case "Means" as a couple will be assessed in the same way as for a single person so
    €360 - 3 days x €20 (€60) =€300
    then 60% 0f €300 = €180 .... so your weekly means are assessed as €180

Your partners current payment would be a personal rate of 188 + you (qualified adult rate ) of 124.80 = 312.80. So 312.80 - 180= 132.80, this would be in and around the amount your partner would receive, if your net payment is €360.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the great info and reply.

So do I just go into the social welfare office now and tell them to cancel my claim and I want to be put into my girlfriends claim?

Or is there any way of phrasing it particularly to them?

Sorry for all the questions I just don't want to get stung with ending her claim etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You will have to go in and close your claim. Your partner needs to go in and add you as a dependant and also provide payslips from your employment. You cannot ask to close her claim or ask to be added to hers as it is her claim and she need to do this.

Advertisement