Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA closes down Maxis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

While it's sad to see the original Maxis HQ close and the loss of jobs that comes with it, the Maxis most people seem to be mourning ceased to exist a long time ago. While I'm sure many people will be quick to blame EA for their misfortunes the fact is, a studio is only as good as the people in it.

As for how it will affect the other Sims franchises, well with The Sims development moving to The Sims Studio after the first sequel and the Sim City reboot being an unmitigated disaster design wise, I can't see the Emeryville closure having any serious long term effects on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Its only a part of Maxis. Maxis are still operational. Maxis Emeryville have been consolidated into some other studios I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

zFrTB.jpg

Advertisement