Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop bulb gone in Toshiba

Options
  • 04-03-2015 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've a laptop here (Toshiba satellite Pro L300, Model:PSLB9E) and when I turn it on, the thing turns on fine, but the Windows login screen is very dim. I need to hold it up to the light to see the screen. So it looks like the screen bulb has gone.

Does anyone know if I can just replace the bulb behind the screen, or will I have to replace the whole screen? Also, what price are we talking for the repair, since its probably not worth a lot. I've just put in a nice new hard drive in it and its flying along so would prefer to fix it, but if its too costly, i'll repurpose the HDD and opt for buying a new laptop.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

Advertisement