Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good pike fishing in celbridge or nearby canals

Options
  • 04-03-2015 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Looking to find a good spot to spin for pike around celbridge/Lucan area. I've fished the leixlip reservoir before but no luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭db97

yea the resovoir in leixlip was gone to the dogs when I was up there last year with my father.. did you try the canal in lucan village nice spot iv fished in the summer with good results for tench and all, never tried for pike in ther but have seen fellas spinning so might be worth a shot..

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

db97 wrote: »
    yea the resovoir in leixlip was gone to the dogs when I was up there last year with my father.. did you try the canal in lucan village nice spot iv fished in the summer with good results for tench and all, never tried for pike in ther but have seen fellas spinning so might be worth a shot..

forgive my ignorance, but where is the canal in lucan village?

Its the royal canal between lucan and leixlip just outside lucan village

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

I practically lived on the reservoir when I was a teen ! Summer mornings we'd even cycle out there in the dark and be home in time for school.

It used to be an awesome fishery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

db97 wrote: »
    Its the royal canal between lucan and leixlip just outside lucan village

Are you sure that's not the liffey your talking about??
    The canal is our towards peamount
    the canal on the far side of lexlip doesn't pass through lucan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Are you sure that's not the liffey your talking about??
    The canal is our towards peamount
    the canal on the far side of lexlip doesn't pass through lucan

I reckon where hes talking about is where the canal passes from confey to westmanstown, thats supposed to be a good stretch for tench, would never have called it Lucan though, which is why i asked the question!!

Yea your right man sorry haha and yeah its great for tench

Advertisement