Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 6 Results

Options
  • 05-03-2015 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Packers vs 49ers was expected to be close and if you looked at the 1st quarter alone, a final score of 6-3 wouldn't have surprised anyone.

But then the Packers kicked back into gear and scored off two drives in the 2nd quarter.
    One was a long drive down the field with a mix of run and pass which resulted in second and short at the goal line. 49ers setup to block Lacy so the Packers with Cassel at the helm audibled and found Crabtree uncovered on an out route to take what at the time looked like a hugely important 7-0 lead.
    After another 3 and out the Pack got the ball back and began inside their own 20. They worked their way up to midfield where Cassel put on an impression of Rodgers and fired off a long bomb to the right corner and found Cobb in stride who took it into the end zone with less than 1:30 left in the half. A big score considering 49ers got the ball to start 2nd half.

The teams exchanged punts again to midway through the third quarter. On third and short the 49ers sent a double safety blitz but over pursued and Lacy broke through the middle to take it to the house from 47 yards out. 21-0

The 49ers offence continued to stutter and gave the ball back to the Pack just before the 4th quarter began.
    The Pack then proceeded to run and churn clock for a total of just under 7 minutes and eventually took it in the end zone on third and 1 with less than 4 minutes remaining to kill off any chance of a miracle.
    Final score 28-0

Unlucky Adrian, your offence just never clicked it seemed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Saints beat Falcons 34-14

saints got ball and drove for falcons 30 yard line only for brees get hit and cough up the ball for a pick six and go off injured should be back next game, keenum came in and drove saints down the field to tie it up with a run from carpenter at start of 2nd qt, then falcons get intercepted and keenum gets to rush in for a td, falcons get the ball and get to fg range and hit the post and misses, saints start there way down field for keenum to get cooks in end zone 21-7 half time, falcons are 3 an out at the start of 3rd qt, saints get to the red zone 14 yards out and on 3rd down play breaks down keenum gets hit and out 8 weeks broken collarbone, so take fg, falcons are 3 an out again so ryan griffin gets in to the game gets stopped at 48 yard line so take long fg at start of fourth qt, falcons get going but fall short on half way saints burn the clock and griffin hits colston for a td in 2 minute warning, falcons go no huddle and get a long bomb td as times up
    saints brees 27 yards 0tds 1ints, keenum 198 yards 1td, griffin 96 yards 1td 1int, falcons ryan 164 yards 1td 1int, saints carpenter 67 yards 1td, falcons freeman 11yards, saints 21first downs falcons 4, saints 2sacks hicks and galette, falcons 1 worrilow, saints clock 23:35 falcons 8:25

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nelbert wrote: »
    Packers vs 49ers was expected to be close and if you looked at the 1st quarter alone, a final score of 6-3 wouldn't have surprised anyone.

But then the Packers kicked back into gear and scored off two drives in the 2nd quarter.
    One was a long drive down the field with a mix of run and pass which resulted in second and short at the goal line. 49ers setup to block Lacy so the Packers with Cassel at the helm audibled and found Crabtree uncovered on an out route to take what at the time looked like a hugely important 7-0 lead.
    After another 3 and out the Pack got the ball back and began inside their own 20. They worked their way up to midfield where Cassel put on an impression of Rodgers and fired off a long bomb to the right corner and found Cobb in stride who took it into the end zone with less than 1:30 left in the half. A big score considering 49ers got the ball to start 2nd half.

The teams exchanged punts again to midway through the third quarter. On third and short the 49ers sent a double safety blitz but over pursued and Lacy broke through the middle to take it to the house from 47 yards out. 21-0

The 49ers offence continued to stutter and gave the ball back to the Pack just before the 4th quarter began.
    The Pack then proceeded to run and churn clock for a total of just under 7 minutes and eventually took it in the end zone on third and 1 with less than 4 minutes remaining to kill off any chance of a miracle.
    Final score 28-0

Unlucky Adrian, your offence just never clicked it seemed.

Don't think there was anything unlucky really. That 8 man blitz up the middle that lacy just strolled through untouched was just ridiculous. Add to that my customary fumble(at least there was only 1 in this game) and a complete inability for the O-line to either block for gore or pass protect for Kaepernick.

I realise I'm never going to get good at this game when I never really practice it but some of the things that happen in games really annoy me.

Well played though and best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Eagles beat the 0-5 Giants but it was tough, Graham beat down Manning in the 2nd quarter, dislocated shoulder, out for game, Nassib comes in, no problem i say, back up QB, hes no good so we'll beat him down to.

No chance, he went 10/11 or something ridiculous like that, had to go for it on 4th downs, inside the last 2mins, cos i knew if they got the ball back, they'd win.

I hate CPU

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

beat the jets 17-10. Should have been more but on 2 4th and 1's on the 1 yard line the Jets D held the line.

Locker taking over from Mett did ok, threw a garbage time int, Running game struggled as usual.

Karl Klug notched up another 2 sacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

adrian522 wrote: »
    Don't think there was anything unlucky really. That 8 man blitz up the middle that lacy just strolled through untouched was just ridiculous. Add to that my customary fumble(at least there was only 1 in this game) and a complete inability for the O-line to either block for gore or pass protect for Kaepernick.

I realise I'm never going to get good at this game when I never really practice it but some of the things that happen in games really annoy me.

Well played though and best of luck for the rest of the season.

Have you played through the offensive tutorials? They are great. Really helped me stop trying silly passes and make me actually read the defence and pick the best pass. I can slowly pass my way up the field when runs aren't working as a result.

I don't mean it to sound condescending but I think they got the tutorials spot on in this game and it helped me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I have played through them yes. I thought my passing and decision making was ok in the game actually. I only had a very small amount of incompletions. 8/12 with no interceptions, so I don't think its fair to say I was misreading the defense or making silly passes.

My issue was with not having any pass proctection and not having any run blocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Panthers beat the buccs 17-14
    My rookie running back Tate 21 carries for 72 yards while cam Heldon to it 5 times for 48 yards and passed for 183
    Olsen caught 5 passes for 90 yards and nicks caught 4 for 43, bye week coming up then play heli!

Advertisement