Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Fund Levy on Irish Pension Fund For Non Resident

Options
  • 05-03-2015 6:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi All

Could someone help me clarify re the following in regard to the Pension Fund Levy

I have come across the following statement

"The levy does not apply to:
    Assets of pension funds in respect of the provision of retirement benefits to non-resident members"

If you are non resident for tax purposes and have a PAYE Exclusion Order to this effect does this mean that you should not have to pay the Pension Fund levy. I have a pension fund in Ireland which is not in draw down stage. But as indicated I am non resident (since end of 2013) so my reading of this is i should not be liable for the Pension Levy from that date.
    Or does this relate to only if you are actually currently drawing down a Pension from the Fund

Many thanks in advance for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

skippy2 wrote: »
    Hi All

Could someone help me clarify re the following in regard to the Pension Fund Levy

I have come across the following statement

"The levy does not apply to:
    Assets of pension funds in respect of the provision of retirement benefits to non-resident members"

If you are non resident for tax purposes and have a PAYE Exclusion Order to this effect does this mean that you should not have to pay the Pension Fund levy. I have a pension fund in Ireland which is not in draw down stage. But as indicated I am non resident (since end of 2013) so my reading of this is i should not be liable for the Pension Levy from that date.
    Or does this relate to only if you are actually currently drawing down a Pension from the Fund

Many thanks in advance for any advice

A PAYE exclusion order only applies to schedule E tax on pensions in payment.

The paragraph you've quoted may only be referring to assets in a DB scheme currently being used to pay a pension to a member living overseas, but I'm not sure.

Advertisement