Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice Selection of Ivys for garden

• 05-03-2015 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Anyone any suggestions for a selection of Nice Ivys (different colors), (That keep their leaf all year round) Was thinking a few different colors and types would make for an interesting look to cover an old wall

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Since Ivy is an evergreen - it has leaves all year round the easiest way would be to look in various garden centres and buy what you like the look of. A word of warning though. You need to keep a close eye on ivy and keep it trimmed on a regular basis. If it grows vigorously it will grow thick stems and the leaves will often revert to plain green, looking rather messy and dirty. On an old wall the weight of growth at the top of the wall can pull the wall down, especially in stormy weather (had that happen).

I would not, personally, plant ivy (I have enough to do coping with the stuff I have inherited) but if you really want it, then be prepared to work at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭gk5000

Boston Ivy or Virginia Creeper - not evergreem, but nice red colour in autumn, and "stick" to walls as opposed to growing into the walls - so should not cause damage like regular ivy.

And also consider clematis.

Advertisement