Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

He's only just scored here!

Haha! I actually came on to update again but I'll stop. Don't want to be ruining the game for lads! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Haha! I actually came on to update again but I'll stop. Don't want to be ruining the game for lads! ;)

Work away, quality I have at the moment needs written description anyway!

Woeful kicking for conversion by bulldogs (about half an hour ago?)

Feel free to discuss SKD try! Just scored here. All over now surely?

Actually my stream could be that far behind it might actually be over!

Hammering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Was really enjoying that match up until that farcical try awarded. I thought the Roosters before that were getting a few fortunate decisions from the refs, (obvious forward pass not called). 38-8 turns into a rout, but the wrong try knocked the stuffing out of the Dogs.

• Advertisement

It was a dreadful decision, all the angles on TV they had were horrible for the video ref though.

Yeah I really think the Roosters arent good in close games. You could see their confidence ebb away at 8-4 and it was only when they got the controversial try that they were able to stretch away. I think the Broncos might be able to frustrate them next week. I think the Cowboys win well tomorrow. The Sharks have had a long, hard season and I expect the Cowboys to win by 10+. JT will be fired up and they were very good last week. I reckon they will cut open the Sharkies in the second half and win well!

Fast start from the cowboys. Morgan sets up one and scores the other and the sharks are on the ropes. Too many quick play the balls and cowboys lead 12-0 after 18 mins

Sharks haven't got going, at all, and the Cowboys getting plenty of joy going right down the centre. Goodness knows how far behind my stream is though!

There's another one.

18 nil.

• Advertisement

Ref was right, commentators wrong. He shoved his head to the ground twice. Correct decision to award sharks relieving penalty.

Ref was right, commentators wrong. He shoved his head to the ground twice. Correct decision to award sharks relieving penalty.

Yeah completely unnecessary. Some atmosphere out there!

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Yeah completely unnecessary. Some atmosphere out there!

Fantastic.

Sharks shooting themselves in the foot at times.

19 nil at half time, hopefully Cronulla can make a game of it second half, not sure that looks too likely though.

Game over, if it wasn't already.

19 nil at half time, hopefully Cronulla can make a game of it second half, not sure that looks too likely though.

Doesn't look like it as Morgan crashes over five minutes into the second period. 25-0 now and barring a miracle, the Cowboys are heading to Melbourne next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

No NRL fans in here?!? �� I really can't call this final it's goina be so close thinking Cowboys but only just ,should be a fantastic spectacle

(Mod: Moved your post to the NRL thread, fits better here.)

Should be a great game, fancy the Cowboys myself, I think they'd probably deserve it on balance of this seasons performance.

Should be a great game, fancy the Cowboys myself, I think they'd probably deserve it on balance of this seasons performance.

Think everyone other than broncos fans will be up for the Cowboys to see them and esp Thurston, finally win the big one. I just feel the Broncos might be a bit too good for them defensively. I hope I am wrong and we get a thriller thrown in just for good measure!!

• Advertisement

Yes!!!! Good man JT!! So glad he got another chance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

What a game. Both sides exhausted by the end. Morgans brilliance was overshadowed a bit by the Thurston kick but it was a magical offload.

Thurston had a poor game by his standards but great finish for him.

Have to feel sorry for Ben Hunt. Camera captured the moment when it hit him that he'd cost his side the final.

Rumours that Sam Burgess might be on his way back to League with South Sydney.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_19995-reports-link-sam-burgess-with-souths-return.html

Sam Burgess confirmed as going back to Rabbitohs, good for him, good for Rugby League.

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

Delighted Sam is back, rugby didn't appreciate him, their loss is our gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Delighted Sam is back, rugby didn't appreciate him, their loss is our gain.

In fairness what was there to appreciate? He was an also ran in the 15 man game.

Shame the Rhinos couldn't get him though.

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

corny wrote: »
    In fairness what was there to appreciate? He was an also ran in the 15 man game.

If they were going to put him in the World Cup squad he should have been in the England squad from day one, not just making his debut a few weeks before. Also being played in 2 different positions by club and country didn't help. They didn't give him the best opportunity to succeed. He probably didn't deserve his spot but he was not the reason for England's failure, as many have suggested.

I don't think Leeds was ever an option for him tbh, if he was going to quit rugby there was only going to be one destination. All his family and his fiance's family live in Sydney, the move to Leeds never stood a chance, in my opinion.

corny wrote: »

Yeah I guess after the world cup he was always going to come in for some big stick but think some of it was unfair.

He's going back to a club and sport that idolises him so a no brainer decision in my mind.

Burgess deal is in limbo. Rabbitohs will be breaching salary cap if they re sign him.

• Advertisement

Burgess deal is in limbo. Rabbitohs will be breaching salary cap if they re sign him.

That's a bit of an oversight. Is he able to join one of the other nrl teams or is it Souths or no one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement