Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Multirotor Question

Options
  • 05-03-2015 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a 30A 2-4S ESC connected to a Multistar motor. The receiver is also connected to the ESC. When I connect the ESC to a 4S battery, I'm getting sparks coming out like the wires are shorted. I measured the voltage on the battery at 15.5V and my multimeter can't read the current. Any ideas of what could be causing the short? I would imagine the ESC can handle the battery, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭john_aero

can you stick up the make model of the esc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

where you getting spars, esc, motor or at battery connector?

Well I'm trying to figure out which direction each of the motors is running so the ESC is connected to the motor. I'm getting sparks at the battery connection when I put the ESC power lines in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

kevc2 wrote: »
    Well I'm trying to figure out which direction each of the motors is running so the ESC is connected to the motor. I'm getting sparks at the battery connection when I put the ESC power lines in.

Has the battery a good connection or are they just push fit temporarily?

• Advertisement

civdef wrote: »
    Has the battery a good connection or are they just push fit temporarily?

Temporarily, I just put the power wires into the battery connector and immediately get the spark.

kevc2 wrote: »
    Temporarily, I just put the power wires into the battery connector and immediately get the spark.

I would solder on proper connectors

To change direction swop on of the 3 motor wires around

Just pushing wires in is not ideal and not good for component's

Advertisement