Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Controller issue

Options
  • 05-03-2015 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

I bought the Xbox One in Argos back in September (I think) last year when the deal/glitch with the xbox one and 2 copies of Destiny was on. Anyway, long story short, the RB button on the controller has been sticking ever since I got it and I never had a chance to go back into Argos and ask them to replace the controller especially since they seemed p*ssed off that I got the deal in the first place due to their glitch!

I believe I'm entitled to a replacement controller from Microsoft so firstly, is this true and secondly, has anyone got a replacement controller from Microsoft and how long did it take to receive it if so?

I'm assuming my warranty with Argos has expired long ago so there'd be no point going back to them as they are not obliged to do anything about it ya?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

You're still covered by Sale and Supply of goods act with Argos (for the next few years), and as long as you have some sort of proof of purchase I'd go back to them before MS.

From what I've heard Argos' customer service is pretty decent so shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

maximoose wrote: »
    You're still covered by Sale and Supply of goods act with Argos (for the next few years), and I'd go back to them before MS.

They'll probably just blow me off and say, sure you have it 6 months and you're only telling us there's a problem now. I'm assuming i'll have to speak to the manager about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I maybe wouldn't tell them it's been like that since day 1!

I had an issue with my controller not too long ago, MS said they'd replace it but I'd have to post my faulty one to them at my own expense. Argos should replace for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

maximoose wrote: »
    I maybe wouldn't tell them it's been like that since day 1!

I had an issue with my controller not too long ago, MS said they'd replace it but I'd have to post my faulty one to them at my own expense. Argos should replace for free.

Ok thanks, I'll try get on to them this week

Advertisement