Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a doctor

Options
  • 05-03-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a splinter embedded deep in my hand. I'll need to get it removed by a doctor. I know my own GP won't do it herself. I could go to A&E but I know because it's so minor, I could be waiting the entire day (plus it's not an emergency).

Can anyone recommend a good GP or clinical where I could get this done in Galway?

Cheers,
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

A&E at the Galway Clinic is open until 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Churchfields Medical Centre in Lower Salthil do minor surgeries like mole removal,vasectomies, basically small procedures that only require local anaesthesia. They'd be able to help you if they could fit you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Dr Gerry Brennan, across from AIB on Newcastle Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Whitehall do but i wouldnt recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Thanks guys - should have remembered the place in Salthill. The father went there before and they were good.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 DuhJerk

Could anyone recommend somewhere for a mole removal? Also any idea how much that procedure costs approximately?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Crescent Medical Centre in Salthill is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

DuhJerk wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend somewhere for a mole removal? Also any idea how much that procedure costs approximately?

I had one done at Churchfields medical centre in lower salthil. They've a surgery room and I think it's done with something like a laser, I didn't ask tbh but I was surprised it seemed hi-tech enough. Didn't hurt at all and there was good follow up to make sure the wound was ok.
    I can't remember the price as it was covered by my health insurance but there's a price list up in the clinic so if you ring they'll tell you. I think it was reasonable enough... I think!

Advertisement