Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Kompany a doubt for the game! Huge blow for city if true!

http://www.setanta.com/ie/kompany-a-doubt-for-derby/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Everything is going perfect for us atm, its unbelievable!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is it really? He's always good for a howler lately. A shadow of the player he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

v3ttel wrote: »
    He has 17 assists so far. He leads the league in that - by a country mile. Also, with 8 games to go - is on track to beat his previous best in any season in the PL. Anyway, nevermind the stats - actually watching the games, he was absolutely outstanding and one of the main reasons why Chelsea have a comfortable gap built up.

His form has dipped in the second half of the season, as every player has a dip now and then - they're human. Sorry, but to say it's his worst PL season is just wrong IMHO. He's been incredibly influential and has given Hazard the platform to produce his best form.

Anyway, I will leave it at that. People haven't come here to read about Chelsea.

Can't argue about his first half of the season performance but how many of those 17 assists are from set pieces?

Not saying it's not worth more but it would be interesting to see how many assists he has from open play.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

LVG has ruled RVP out of the match on Sunday anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Lord TSC wrote: »
    LVG has ruled RVP out of the match on Sunday anyway....

Kinda happy about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Kinda happy about that

He was never going to start, would have been nice to have him on the bench if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

v3ttel wrote: »
    If I had to pick an all-rounder in the league, it would be Cesc Fabregas for me. Absolute mountain of assists, a few goals, capable of playing deeper than a CAM role as he is decent defensively. Not a terribly prolific season, but he is more than capable - as he has proven over the years.

I love Herrera as a player, but to call him the all-rounder of the season on the back of a few very good performances, when he was completely frozen out for a long stretch (rightly or wrongly), is a bit over the top.

Having said that, isn't it great to read positive stuff about the team and our players, rather than the consistent doom mongering stuff.

Exaggerating a little but he has impressed me, one of the best is what I should have said. He has good enough stats in comparison, chances created and key passes are areas he can improve

image1_zps018202dc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Is it really? He's always good for a howler lately. A shadow of the player he was.

True but City are far more solidified with him in the team I think! Without him they can be a bit suspect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Whether Kompany starts or not, I think we definitely have enough to take them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Cliffs on press conference?

Press conference...

Not the greatest episode of LVG, it dragged on a bit. RVP and Luke Shaw "are not fit to play" on Sunday, that was probably the main point to take from it. They have been passed fit but lack "match rhythm".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Difference between Moyes and LVG...

Louis van Gaal: "City will never be as big as Manchester United."

David Moyes: "We aspire to be like City"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If Carlsberg did weekends we'd get Burnley and QPR wins and yellow cards for Matic and Fabregas

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Moyes was talking about style of play, not size of the club. And City did play some lovely football that we were all wishing United were playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I was no fan of Moyes but that quote was taken out of context and not what he meant at all. Also I'm pretty sure those aren't the words he uttered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If Carlsberg did weekends we'd get Burnley and QPR wins and yellow cards for Matic and Fabregas

Fingers crossed

They did last weekend in pretty sure :) two in a row? That's been greedy id take a united win and took the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Moyes was talking about style of play, not size of the club. And City did play some lovely football that we were all wishing United were playing

Still not something you say or admit to as a United manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Papers going with Gundongan moving to United in a £15 million deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

zerks wrote: »
    Just a heads up lads.

On Saturday May 23 there's a charity match featuring Manchester United Legends vs Tesco Legends @ Ferrycarrig Park,Wexford k/o 3pm. It's in aid of Temple Street.

David May,Clayton Blackmore,Keith Gilespie,Frank Stapleton,Arthur Albiston,Neil Webb,Lee Martin & Sammy McIlroy will make up the Legends team.

Tickets are €10 for the game or €20 for lunch with the players or €50 for a dinner dance with the players.
    Tickets available from Tesco Gorey or PM me for a contact number.

Young lads communion the same day.
    What time is kickoff, I might make it back for the bouncy castle. :pac:

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Young lads communion the same day.
    What time is kickoff, I might make it back for the bouncy castle. :pac:

3pm,it's in my post.Traditional Saturday kick off time.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

he has had a lot of injury problems but at that price he would be worth the gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

yabadabado wrote: »
    he has had a lot of injury problems but at that price he would be worth the gamble.
    Oh definitely, Gündoğan is an excellent midfielder in spite of his injury problems, €15 million would be an absolute steal all things considered. If Dortmund would just sell us İlkay, Mats, and Marco, that'd be lovely! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

If that's true that would be a very tidy bit of business indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Nailz wrote: »
    Oh definitely, Gündoğan is an excellent midfielder in spite of his injury problems, €15 million would be an absolute steal all things considered. If Dortmund would just sell us İlkay, Mats, and Marco, that'd be lovely! :P
    Yeah let's buy all their players and under perform a whole season! Go team.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Daily Express/made up rumours are claiming United are looking for face to face talks with Juventus, in order to sign Pogba for £54 million plus Van Persie.

https://twitter.com/eurosportcom_en/status/586811834419806209

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

David May and Lee Sharpe are in SoHo bar in Cork for game tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Will David May be in full kit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah let's buy all their players and under perform a whole season! Go team.
    dont be silly just buy their 3 best players.:rolleyes:

I hope Casillas stays at Real for a long time,"De Gea will not go there while Casillas is still at the club."

http://blogs.elconfidencial.com/deportes/no-hay-estrellas/2015-04-09/de-gea-solo-fichara-por-el-real-madrid-si-no-esta-iker-casillas_755514/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Gundogan would be a class signing, only 24 and seems to have put his injuries woes behind him.

Gundogan would be a class signing, only 24 and seems to have put his injuries woes behind him.

The rumours are coming from the Mail, and are so made up, even Ladyman isn't putting his name to them :p

Will believe it when I start seeing some Instagram pictures from his wife....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

All thats missing now is the Indy Kalia Twitter seal of approval

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The rumours are coming from the Mail, and are so made up, even Ladyman isn't putting his name to them :p

Will believe it when I start seeing some Instagram pictures from his wife....

Bild are also reporting it.

Never knew Lee Dixon is a Manchester lad,watching him on TSN1 previewing the Derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I hope Casillas stays at Real for a long time,"De Gea will not go there while Casillas is still at the club."

http://blogs.elconfidencial.com/deportes/no-hay-estrellas/2015-04-09/de-gea-solo-fichara-por-el-real-madrid-si-no-esta-iker-casillas_755514/

De gea more then likely won't go to real because of his past at athletico. I remember torres even saying he used to have people abuse him on the streets of Madrid because he played for athletico

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Q&A session or what Kew?

Lots of talk of an apparent Klopp quote saying Hummels is considering joining United.

Not sure if its real yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lots of talk of an apparent Klopp quote saying Hummels is considering joining United.

Not sure if its real yet.

Appeared on Twitter last couple of hours, seems genuine though hardly unknown news tbh.

dahat wrote: »
    Appeared on Twitter last couple of hours, seems genuine though hardly unknown news tbh.

Always nice to hear confirmation from someone official instead of hearsay or conjecture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fletch scores for West Brom

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

They are down here in Kerry tonight,

http://traleetoday.ie/two-man-united-legends-are-coming-to-causeway/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Dortmund are two down at Borussia Park, and Hummels was a show for Gladbach's second. Diving in well up the field, didn't have a clue. Then Hermann streaked past Subotic for good measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Any links about what Klopp said regarding hummels?

Chicharito scores for Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Think Cleverly just set up the Villa goal. Side note, but Benteke is way too good to be playing for Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

ITV Sport - "Manchester United are reportedly on the brink of agreeing a £15m deal with Borussia Dortmund for the services of midfielder Ilkay Gundogan, 24"

Apparently the Klopp quote has come from Diego Errichetti from Milan who posted on twitter

https://twitter.com/DiegoErrichetti/status/586877772330622977

... English media picking it up but it is highly likely bullshít.

• Advertisement

"He's good enough for Manchester United. He told me he's thinking about it"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement