Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Pro. F wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

I'm not saying I have any convincing argument to the contrary, I'm just interested to know of any evidence/argument either way.

He won't have any. Anyone that states an opinion as "100%" fact rarely has any evidence to prove such a statement.

FFP was designed with football's best interests in mind. To try to stop whole communities from losing the team that they support because some mental businessman tries to buy the earth for 5 seconds of glory before ****ing off and leaving the club riddled with debt.

It is in no way perfect, but if it helps to stop one club from going to the wall, it will have been worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

There's a bang of 'chav lotto winner in exclusive yacht club' off most of these big teams that struggle with FFP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

There's a bang of 'chav lotto winner in exclusive yacht club' off most of these big teams that struggle with FFP.

Michael-Carroll.png

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Some excellent posts in here today lads, keep up the good work!

Hopefully United can produce a similar high standard today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Obviously those moaning about FFP have short memories,look at Portsmouth-spent money like no tomorrow and now they are basically fooked.

City can have no complaints,they spent over £380 million and bar Lescott & Barry,they have basically the same XI as 2011.They've used every trick in the book to get around FFP but now it's come home to roost.Boo-Hoo,get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

zerks wrote: »
    Obviously those moaning about FFP have short memories,look at Portsmouth-spent money like no tomorrow and now they are basically fooked.

City can have no complaints,they spent over £380 million and bar Lescott & Barry,they have basically the same XI as 2011.They've used every trick in the book to get around FFP but now it's come home to roost.Boo-Hoo,get over it.

I was listening to Today FM yesterday evening and they had 2 City fans on it from the supporters club in Limerick and Cork. Deluded does not even come close to describing them.

In their mind FFP was introduced out of jealously and to handicap them, that was the crux of their argument.

And one of them was clearly soused. Hilarious stuff.

Custis of The Sun and the Daily Telegraph’s Matt Law praised the Manchester City ownership for the way they have transformed the club, criticising the Financial Fair Play rules for stopping other ambitious clubs from being able to follow their example and citing the situation of the Glazers at Old Trafford as the bigger danger to football.

Custis argued City’s Abu Dhabi owners should be ‘applauded’ rather than being hit by fines for attempting to build the club.

"If UEFA and FIFA want to look at anything they should be looking at how the Glazers can take over Manchester United and take over £500m or £650m out," Custis said.

"What Manchester City have done in Manchester is absolutely fantastic in terms of their training ground. It is sensational, they’ve rejuvenated an area of the city.

"What has been so evil about what Manchester City have done? Manchester United have actually spent more money than Manchester City over the past three years, City should not be hit by this.

"The evil in football is what the Glazers have done to Manchester United in taking all that money out of them."

Law agreed and questioned whether Premier League clubs will be able to attract similar owners now that FFP has come into force. He also doubted Sheikh Mansour would have invested in City had it come into play sooner.

"Look at all the Premier League clubs that are essentially up for sale: Everton, Aston Villa and maybe Newcastle," he said.

"They won’t get new owners easily now because who is going to look at it and think ‘I want a piece of that’? Even if you’ve got a lot of money you can’t really put it all in to have a good go.

"If Financial Fair Play had come in a bit earlier would Abu Dhabi have come in for Manchester City? Probably not, because what would they have been able to do with it. It has totally killed the dream for most clubs."

http://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-united/9802046/-

More than a hint of jealousy there.The case of Bournemouth was discussed on Off The Ball,peel back the visage of a small local team and you find the backing of a billionaire owner who's pumping vast amounts of cash into the club.What happens if he gets bored? They are left with a team on huge wages and suddenly nobody to pay the bills.City are in the same boat whereas United have been clever and built up the ability to spend and sustain that without a sugar daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

manchester is red

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I sometimes forget we still own him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

He's far too good for that league.

Jesus Chelsea have been absolutely cack v QPR.. They probably will get lucky here but we should have nothing to fear going to Stamford Bridge next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Imagine how crazy it would be if he scored this in a game!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

irishfeen wrote: »
    we should have nothing to fear going to Stamford Bridge next week.

I will be thinking exactly the same IF we produce another convincing performance against City today.

If City come out all guns blazing with a point to prove today they could end up winning the match. They have some incredible players who tend to step up to the plate when they play against us. That being said, if our lads can continue to perform like they did against Pool and Spurs we will be very hard to beat today.

Long story short - I'm nervous but ever so slightly optimistic about today's game :)

• Advertisement

yup and chelsea score....

Chelsea are absolutely cack - keeper gifted them the win here.

Lucky to get 3 points and they themselves know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Chelsea are home and dry lads, the safer they are the better for us next week.

Lucky to get 3 points and they themselves know it.
    In all honesty a draw was a good result for them here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

At least QPR are gonna go down most likely. Such a dreadful team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Were we cack when we strolled to the title 2 years ago? They're far superior to everyone else in the league.

Also, they still had a lot to do after Green's poor clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

zerks wrote: »

Hope LvG has seen that. Next season we could easily be looking at... If Nani and Di Maria were in form... good god.
    De Gea
    RB - CB - Rojo - Blind
    Carrick - Herrera
    Di Maria - Mata - Nani
    Rooney

J. Marston wrote: »
    Were we cack when we strolled to the title 2 years ago? They're far superior to everyone else in the league.

First half of the season absolutely but now they are playing poor, hanging on and getting very lucky.. they had 1 shot on target v a bottom 3 side - that is a staggering stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

First half of the season absolutely but now they are playing poor, hanging on and getting very lucky.. they had 1 shot on target v a bottom 3 side - that is a staggering stat.

They had a decent start to the season but they were playing naive cannon fodder.

Supposedly they were playing great football from how the media were hyping them up at the time,invincibles etc.
    Utter nonsense really ,reminded me of Scolari's Chelsea and their hollow samba football comparisons.

All I have seen of them this season is a very sold defensive,physical side that relies heavily on Hazard and Courtois to grind out ugly wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

J. Marston wrote: »

We weren't great. Conceded loads. Poor year for the league.

Graeme Souness doesn't seem to like Ander....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm really confident today....which, weirdly, has me losing all confidence cause I feel I shouldn't feel that way....I'm so confused....

Graeme Souness doesn't seem to like Ander....

He just hasn't watched him at all.

Souness is a dinosaur at this stage. So far he has told us he doesn't know what Herrera is good at and that goals are important to the team. Stealing a wage.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm really confident today....which, weirdly, has me losing all confidence cause I feel I shouldn't feel that way....I'm so confused....

I feel like everything points to a United win. But it's City So not confident.

• Advertisement

Serious horn on me here for this match, let's go United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

im gonna vomit.

James Milner running the show against us yet again.

Edit: Young <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Citeh much quicker outta the blocks, need to keep composed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

backheel nutmeg from young, that's gonna be a great gif

Young and Fellaini linking up for our second goal against Man City.

Mental considering the state their United careers were in this time last season. Some Lazarus shít right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ander Herrera is all that, cracking player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im loving us so far

epic watch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Ah Jones. Never change.

• Advertisement

Fellani is a beast and Hererra is running the show .. Brilliant first half comeback.

KH25 wrote: »
    Ah Jones. Never change.

hahaha this game has everything lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hope bangkok is forced to watch Fellaini play ball in that first half. I never want a bad word said against his ability again. Legend.

#WellDoneFellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Hope bangkok is forced to watch Fellaini play ball in that first half. I never want a bad word said against his ability again. Legend.

#WellDoneFellaini

Legend?!! Scholes, robson, charlton, Keane, Edwards are legends. Fellani is an effective footballer when played to his strengths. Legend... Far from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

The best part is we didn't collapse, for the first time in years were actually imposing ourselves against city. But thank god we've actually shown some balls and character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Can't wait to see Di Maria running at City last 20mins.

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Legend?!! Scholes, robson, charlton, Keane, Edwards are legends. Fellani is an effective footballer when played to his strengths. Legend... Far from it.

True, he's gone far past legend at this stage.

Demigod will do for now.

I love you Mata

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mata is the Juan and only, nobody I rather see ...score for us...

Im so so so so happy for him

There are no words for Mata anymore.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement