Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I feel so happy for Mata. He didn't always seem like he was getting the treatment he deserved at United.

Many a football fan saw fit to question his reputation because he wasn't getting his game for United. "Mourinho knew what he was doing when he sold him" etc.

He seemingly never complained, just waited for his chances and when they came, he took them. Worth every penny.

The partnership he's built with Herrera, (and getting Fellaini/Young/Rooney more involved in the process) has been F*cking excellent.

Long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I feel so happy for Smalling

Long may it continue.

Exactly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im in tears of joy

Thank you LVG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Let's make it six :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We want 6.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

BoAILgVIAAElytX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm at homr watching this on my own and I'm hoarse. This has been epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'd love to see this reborn Ashley Young take things to the next level, a few times today he's just had a defender to beat and has opted for the pass, would love to see him run at defenders and take them on, on this form it can only be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Just had to log on to say get the **** in!!! Thank god that run is broken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Falcao to score to round of a perfect game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Heroic performances from Smalling & Jones.

Fergie and Moyes signings, players that have been written of as average ect. such a fantastic day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

2nd place in the league would be an amazing finish to this season. Of all the things i'm happy about i'm just finally enjoying watching United again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

One downside of today is we will now be battling city for top CB signings in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    One downside of today is we will now be battling city for top CB signings in the summer.

And CMs. Can see City going all out for Pogba.

Carrick goes off and City score within 30 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can Man City even "go all out" for a player? Thought they still had the FFP lads breathing down their neck.

Can Man City even "go all out" for a player? Thought they still had the FFP lads breathing down their neck.

Get rid of the deadwood and they can spend some cash so I'm sure they could manage it.

Considering City got the early goal, and we were looking at a loooong afternoon.....that was a phenomenal result. So, so happy.

So happy for Mata, Herrera and Fellaini who had awesome games. Young was great too. Despite his goal, Smalling, I felt, was poor, and we really need to get better center backs than Smalling and Jones going forward. Rooney was anonymous for the most part, as per usual.

Don't think many were confident of 9 points out of 9 against Pool, Spurs and City. Gotta presume that's CL football guaranteed though. 1 behind 2nd and still to play them....I think most would have snapped that up this time last year...

It's great though to feel so confident again though. I didn't want to jinx it, but lads....

...we're back. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

beno619 wrote: »
    Heroic performances from Smalling & Jones.

Fergie and Moyes signings, players that have been written of as average ect. such a fantastic day.
    Neither was signed by Moyes? Fellaini obviously was though. At least we finally reached his goal of "one day being as good as City" mind. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What a game...

I am so ****ing happy right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Beating City and Game of Thrones episodes leaking.

Why yes, Mr. Ice Cube, it was indeed a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Get rid of the deadwood and they can spend some cash so I'm sure they could manage it.

All the more reason to get deals done early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

1 point off 2nd now...

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Fantastic result and more importantly performance today ... brilliant.

We have now equaled last seasons total of 65 points with 6 games to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ugh I just cant make up my mind who I want for CL, city or Pool

Wish It was Spurs instead

59% possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

tf6WsEg.gif

8HEmt1O.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

lvgfyjt4.gif?w=770

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Billy86 wrote: »
    Neither was signed by Moyes? Fellaini obviously was though. At least we finally reached his goal of "one day being as good as City" mind. :p

Didnt think id need to name them all but Mata, Fellaini, Young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

11133828_10153197150511635_5651672955096617915_n.jpg?oh=eaf9785d31e2f4a89a280e8327346e17&oe=55E2B59E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

So happy after today I can't wait to see us back in the champions league��

Headshot wrote: »

I'd like Liverpool after they have another summer of signing big club cast offs and mid table no marks.

CCaAqnxWMAACejB.png

Imagine predicting this 6 weeks ago :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bradpitt-475x255.gif

Pool for me; they can't compete with us for signings like City can, and it's potentially far more damaging for City than it is for Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

This place is already mental :D Imagine if we beat chelsea next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Well that was seriously ****ing enjoyable.

The football we're playing, it's just so much fun. Blind, Herrera, Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Valencia all just expressing themselves out there when going forward. Still a bit shakey at the back, but **** it, we'll score more.

As strange as it sounds, my favorite goal may have been Aguero's second. With a good 5 mins to play, reducing the deficit to 2, you'd think they would get the ball and try to start again quickly, but no. They didn't care because they quit. They gave up. Why? Because none of them give a **** about the club. In a derby of all games, they waved the white flag, they've checked out of this season a long time ago. Utterly pathetic and I loved every second of it. A shell of a club. They've got a deadly YouTube channel though, credit where it's due.

Actually no **** it my favorite goal was JUAN MATA'S BECAUSE I AM FULL ON GAY FOR HIM!

On a serious note, can someone offer me some technical advice as I just can't seem to see any of those David Moyes comparison graphics on my Facebook feed. In fact, all of my Liverpool supporting friend's posts aren't showing up. It's very strange. Normally after a United match it's full of them but the last few weeks I've seen nothing. Maybe it's an issue with Chrome?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Heart sank after City's first goal, then the rest, the rest was glorious

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

The football we're playing, it's just so much fun. Blind, Herrera, Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Valencia all just expressing themselves out there when going forward. Still a bit shakey at the back, but **** it, we'll score more.

As strange as it sounds, my favorite goal may have been Aguero's second. With a good 5 mins to play, reducing the deficit to 2, you'd think they would get the ball and try to start again quickly, but no. They didn't care because they quit. They gave up. Why? Because none of them give a **** about the club. In a derby of all games, they waved the white flag, they've checked out of this season a long time ago. Utterly pathetic and I loved every second of it. A shell of a club. They've got a deadly YouTube channel though, credit where it's due.

Actually no **** it my favorite goal was JUAN MATA'S BECAUSE I AM FULL ON GAY FOR HIM!

On a serious note, can someone offer me some technical advice as I just can't seem to see any of those David Moyes comparison graphics on my Facebook feed. In fact, all of my Liverpool supporting friend's posts aren't showing up. It's very strange. Normally after a United match it's full of them but the last few weeks I've seen nothing. Maybe it's an issue with Chrome?

Wow, you're team's just won the derby, and the first thing you think about is Liverpool?

Says it all tbh.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

#Obsessed

Wow, you're team's just won the derby, and the first thing you think about is Liverpool?

Says it all tbh.

#Obsessed

:confused: Did you just quote and respond to yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

After city's 1st goal, i'm sure like 70% of utd fans thought 'oh great here we go, well it was good while it lasted.' And then we come out with that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Says it all tbh.

#Obsessed

These posts have played out like an M. Night Shyamalan film.

Steady, steady and then BOOM, a complete mind fuck to finish it off.

Enjoyed. Would read again.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    :confused: Did you just quote and respond to yourself?

Thought I'd save them the trouble ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

City, the other option does not compute.

No matter the opposition when it comes to LFC then it's always the other team.

That was delightful to watch, we absolutely bossed a £1 billion squad.

It's a cliche but it rings completely true, form is temporary, class is permanent.

This does not fcukin slip now.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

beno619 wrote: »
    Didnt think id need to name them all but Mata, Fellaini, Young.

Young wasn't either?

Mata was, but the consensus has always been that he was/is a Woodward signing made when Moyes was here, and not someone Moyes (who insisted on using him as an out-and-out winger for his first several months, with very poor return) sought out to sign.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement