Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

irishfeen wrote: »
    CCaAqnxWMAACejB.png

Imagine predicting this 6 weeks ago :)

apgy91.jpg

Choo choo....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fellaini today:

CCZ_w61UIAAUZA5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Valencia was pure beastly. He's been pretty impressive since the Arsenal game.

article-3035938-277EB07F00000578-786_964x385.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

One of my favourite parts of these matches is sitting back afterwards and soaking up all the delicious bitterness like a slice of bread in a frying pan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Hopefully Di Maria starts as LW against City, he creates chances and can pick pass better than Young. Should start against City.

english-idioms-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It's really satisfying to put that lot back in a box. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

277E303500000578-0-image-a-8_1428853487460.jpg

277E204C00000578-0-image-a-6_1428853188544.jpg

277E269000000578-0-image-a-5_1428853183814.jpg

277E8AF100000578-0-image-a-37_1428857043053.jpg

277E90C300000578-3035938-image-a-41_1428857708367.jpg

277E29FC00000578-0-image-a-17_1428855053280.jpg

Unearthly wrote: »
    It's really satisfying to put that lot back in a box. :)

But it's not fair,FFP made them lose.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

LvG giving a great interview on Sky

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

This 'Philoshapheesh' is fucking great craic.

King Louis.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

J. Marston wrote: »
    There are no words for Mata anymore.

There are.

Ride.

City bought that many Arsenal players they've ended up 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Headshot wrote: »
    ugh I just cant make up my mind who I want for CL, city or Pool

Wish It was Spurs instead

Southampton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Billy86 wrote: »
    Young wasn't either?

Mata was, but the consensus has always been that he was/is a Woodward signing made when Moyes was here, and not someone Moyes (who insisted on using him as an out-and-out winger for his first several months, with very poor return) sought out to sign.

I said Fergie and Moyes Signings :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Great stuff today but City were awful. The Chelsea match next week is the big challenge. We have struggled against teams that shut up shop this year, hence some of our away results against small teams, and Mourinho will not be coming to trade attack for attack with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

lUrdHWY.jpg

My fav City player by a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Gifs and pics on another level today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone else a bit frustrated? Don't get me wrong I'm delighted with the result, but if we'd had these kind of performances all year then I think we'd have had a real go at the title, Chelsea are no great shakes.

Delighted all the same though, it's a much better situation than a few weeks ago :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Don't want to bring the mood down but any word on Carricks injury yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Valencia was pure beastly. He's been pretty impressive since the Arsenal game.

I've been one of his harshest critics even going as far as to say he should never play for us again (I was mad :p) but he has been brilliant lately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

KH25 wrote: »
    I've been one of his harshest critics even going as far as to say he should never play for us again (I was mad :p) but he has been brilliant lately.

Offensively, sure, but I think he's still waaay to suspect defensively. He bombs up the field and then saunters back on the counter; the first goal we let in was down in part to him being caught up the field, Smalling having to run out to cover him, leaving a big hole in the center.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

what a day we win 4-2 and 4 episodes of Game of thrones Leaked......

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

That was lovely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Offensively, sure, but I think he's still waaay to suspect defensively. He bombs up the field and then saunters back on the counter; the first goal we let in was down in part to him being caught up the field, Smalling having to run out to cover him, leaving a big hole in the center.

True, I would still want a proper RB signed. But there was also one occasion today where smalling and Jones got caught out and let Aguero through and Valencia chased back and won the ball while preventing the pass onto the box to an unmarked city player. He's had some good defensive moments lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Not his biggest fan by any means but thought he was solid other than that, defending when Aguero was 1 on 1 with him and had a City player in the box on his own was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Anyone else a bit frustrated? Don't get me wrong I'm delighted with the result, but if we'd had these kind of performances all year then I think we'd have had a real go at the title, Chelsea are no great shakes.

Delighted all the same though, it's a much better situation than a few weeks ago :D

Meh never understand this line of thinking. If Chelsea hadn't picked up so many points earlier in the season and been so far ahead they'd probably be a lot more at it.

Only an extreme pessimist would be looking back and thinking like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Jones was a bit shaky again today. Would have preferred Smalling Rojo combo. Jones just seems so damn clumsy and is an accident waiting to happen. That was the only negative I have from the performance.

King Louis has worked some magic on Fellaini and Young.

Once again Carrick/Herrera ran the show with Mata linking nicely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not his biggest fan by any means but thought he was solid other than that, defending when Aguero was 1 on 1 with him and had a City player in the box on his own was fantastic.

Will conceed, that was great.

Just think we need a top level RB and at least one top level defender before next season starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

11060844_461172660703491_7188204267571202715_n.jpg?oh=856644a232df01aaf884e761f90a8281&oe=55A232A6

Love you Daley <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

statto25 wrote: »
    Don't want to bring the mood down but any word on Carricks injury yet?

https://twitter.com/elrob/status/587299233008451584

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

KH25 wrote: »
    True, I would still want a proper RB signed. But there was also one occasion today where smalling and Jones got caught out and let Aguero through and Valencia chased back and won the ball while preventing the pass onto the box to an unmarked city player. He's had some good defensive moments lately.

That was Valencia's fault to begin with. Jones was near the halfway line and Smalling pushed out to play offside, correctly, but Valencia came deeper for some reason, necessitating his scramble back.

City are shot but we exploited that to the fullest. Great turnaround from last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ScummyMan wrote: »

I liked the analogy some guy on NBC made after the match.

He said for the first eight months of the season Louis van Gaal was like Mr Miyagi getting the Karate Kid to do the tedious wax on wax off routine .
    It was awful stuff but it eventually paid dividends.
    Glorious dividends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

J. Marston wrote: »

Van Gaal seemed to play it down post match and intimated that he took him off as precaution.

Let's hope so. He is still crucial to the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Juan Mata has 15 goals in his last 34 games. What a f*cking luxury!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Juan Mata has 15 goals in his last 34 games. What a f*cking luxury!!!

well worth the 35 million. Would actually cry if he ever left us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Any update on Carrick. Need him for Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Good performance today we did so well to come back after going a goal down so quickly we had so many players that played top class today.

I think today was the day that we all but secured the top four as long as we don't have a major melt down we need 10 more points out of four six games even allowing for two defeats against Chelsea and arsenal and a draw somewhere else it would more then likely be enough but after watching the two games today I don't think we will loose to Chelsea next week i think we will get at minimum a draw and they have to play arsenal week after that. If we beat Chelsea next week we are up to second spot that Is a big insentive.

CCaHLc9WgAA7U3D.jpg

These two boys have been transformed under LVG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I liked the analogy some guy on NBC made after the match.

He said for the first eight months of the season Louis van Gaal was like Mr Miyagi getting the Karate Kid to do the tedious wax on wax off routine .
    It was awful stuff but it eventually paid dividends.
    Glorious dividends.

Thats brilliant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Confession box tomorrow.

Kew: name of father and of son and of holy United..oops I mean Spirit
    Priest: well my child, what do you want God to forgive you for?
    Kew: well I said some very bad things about Young. Said he was useless and never want see him in United shirt and basically few bad names.
    Priest: oh dear, well I hope you have learned a lesson today, for your sins say 20 Glory Glory Man United's and 20 our Mata's.
    Kew:OK father
    Priest: now be gone, I have the the non Mata believers up next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Shane St. wrote: »
    Any update on Carrick. Need him for Chelsea

"Stiff calf"

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Confession box tomorrow.

Kew: name of father and of son and of holy United..oops I mean Spirit
    Priest: well my child, what do you want God to forgive you for?
    Kew: well I said some very bad things about Young. Said he was useless and never want see him in United shirt and basically few bad names.
    Priest: oh dear, well I hope you have learned a lesson today, for your sins say 20 Glory Glory Man United's and 20 our Mata's.
    Kew:OK father
    Priest: now be gone, I have the the non Mata believers up next.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Smalling 4 goals this season
    Welbeck 4 goals this season

CCaHBK0XIAENfR6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

City were a real mess, as they have been for a good while, but United tore them apart and made it entertaining, fair play. A good performance and a good result.

He wasn't at fault for the first goal. City were passing the ball around, Mata tracked in-field and Valencia had to push up to mark the man with the ball; nothing wrong with what he did there. The problem was after that, Mata, Hererra and Fellaini all switched off and failed to get back to help out the back four, and Blind failed to tuck in behind Jones to mark the goal scorer.

Blind also switched off for the second goal. He hasn't sorted himself out at full-back yet. He's more of a problem defensively than Valencia at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Working so missed the game, can't wait for match of the day tonight :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement