Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Just on a side note - not one booking today for a single United player. Concentration was exceptional!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

irishfeen wrote: »
    Just on a side note - not one booking today for a single United player. Concentration was exceptional!

Except for that 10 minute period where they didn't notice Carrick had left the field. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5, F5. Patience...

http://juanmata8.com/blog/en/blog/

Except for that 10 minute period where they didn't notice Carrick had left the field. :pac:
    Ha LVG said he could not tell his players because Old Trafford was too loud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Delighted with the win but absolutely sick with Agueros 2nd, had united backed @ 55/1 to win 4-1 :-(
    Tenner on it, sickened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Juan Mata has 15 goals in his last 34 games. What a f*cking luxury!!!

But would he get in the Liverpool team? Not for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The crispness in the 1-2s and the real determination were the real good moments for me today.

People can say City are a mess and not up for it etc etc, but we gave them a goal start and ran them ragged for next 70 minutes.

The atmosphere was electric too. It was like watching a Fergie team. It was the best performance we have put in for few years IMO. It was better then the 2-3 away few seasons to City too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's some photo!

Herrera and Rooney with the synchronised celebration!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

"Stiff calf"

He probably over exerted himself as I havent seen Carrick cover as much ground and get forward so much in a long time.

He played very well today ,nice one touch stuff,kept the ball moving and most of his passes were forward which was great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

He probably over exerted himself as I havent seen Carrick cover as much ground and get forward so much in a long time.

He played very well today ,nice one touch stuff,kept the ball moving and most of his passes were forward which was great to see.

Unlucky not to get a goal, too iirc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ashley Young and Carrick - well done today.

Both deserve to be starters for their club and country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Is it Saturday yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hococop wrote: »
    what a day we win 4-2 and 4 episodes of Game of thrones Leaked......

Was the first episode on earlier today and involved a bloodbath at Old Trafford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Trilla wrote: »
    Ashley Young and Carrick - well done today.

Both deserve to be starters for their club and country.

Carrick is another player England wasted. Should have been Scholes Carrick midfield with one of Lampard or Gerrard ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

keith16 wrote: »
    Was the first episode on earlier today and involved a bloodbath at Old Trafford?

During it all we witnessed a miracle.

https://vine.co/v/eui2LwF92va

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mata will be back at Stamford Bridge for the first time since his transfer.
    Former players always seem to have a habit of scoring against their old club.

What is good about United at the moment is the goals are flowing and we are not dependent on one or two players for the goals.
    The play is fast and the passing is good.

Anyway I am hoping for a top 2 finish, April 2014, I put a 10 euro each way bet on United to win the league this year @13/2 with it 1/3 top 2.
    Beat Chelsea next week and I will be confident.

United are 9/2 to win the league next year
    Chelsea 11/8
    Man City 11/4
    Arsenal 11/2
    Liverpool 11/1

Will place a bet on United for next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

CCaIDeYW8AAm2Tw.jpg

J. Marston wrote: »
    Carrick goes off and City score within 30 seconds.

It did help that he wasn't replaced with anyone.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pool for me; they can't compete with us for signings like City can, and it's potentially far more damaging for City than it is for Liverpool.

There is comedy value in watching Pool qualify for the CL and then utterly embarrass themselves yet again in the group stages. Then again, City are good at that too...

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

zerks wrote: »
    During it all we witnessed a miracle.

https://vine.co/v/eui2LwF92va

The look on the refs face says it all.

I know there's a huge amount of cynicism in the game, but don't players still need to have basic pride in themselves facing their friends or family?

CCaIDeYW8AAm2Tw.jpg

There is comedy value in watching Pool qualify for the CL and then utterly embarrass themselves yet again in the group stages. Then again, City are good at that too...

Pool to scrape 4th and then get beaten by some no-name in the qualifiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If I never encountered this website I'd probably opt for Liverpool over City on principle if I had the choice for 4th... but I have so it's City for me and it's not even close.

It could well be United for 4th anyway, still got some tough games to go.

Kompany a lucky boy to stay on the pitch too, even a point v Chelsea and CL football probably secure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Unfortunately Mourinho has football intelligence so can't see the Fellaini, Young and Blind triangle working as good. I reckon it will be a draw. Although the great thing is that a defeat is affordable

If I never encountered this website I'd probably opt for Liverpool over City on principle if I had the choice for 4th... but I have so it's City for me and it's not even close.

This could be my favourite post in this sub-forum. I'll be roaring for Southampton and Spurs to keep that shower out of Europe altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

GET IN!!! Absolutely delighted! Well done to the lads, delighted for a few individual performers, namely the Fro himself!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

MagicIRL wrote: »
    This could be my favourite post in this sub-forum. I'll be roaring for Southampton and Spurs to keep that shower out of Europe altogether.

I'd rather not be in the Europa League anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Was in work for the game but caught bits of it. 4-2 over city wouldn't of predicted that at the start of the year!!

Actually when you think about it how many people in pre season could of predicted we beat city 4-2 at old Trafford with Falcao and Di Maria sitting on the bench for most of it!!

Dublin winning as well makes it a very very nice day :-).

Was in work for the game but caught bits of it. 4-2 over city wouldn't of predicted that at the start of the year!!

Actually when you think about it how many people in pre season could of predicted we beat city 4-2 at old Trafford with Falcao and Di Maria sitting on the bench for most of it!!

Dublin winning as well makes it a very very nice day :-).

4-2 was flattering to City. 5-1 was looking the more likely score until Carrick had to go off leaving it down to 10 men, with a lot of the players not even knowing they were a man short.

I'd rather not be in the Europa League anyway.

Why not?

Why not?

Because it's a terrifying ordeal having to face the mighty Beşiktaş and mid-table clubs shouldn't have to go through that.

Why not?

Look at what it has done to teams including Liverpool in recent years. It is too much to be playing games thousands of miles away on a Thursday evening and then having a game (early usually) on the following Sunday.

The only plus to it is the carrot being dangled next season for the winner.

Because it's a terrifying ordeal having to face the mighty Beşiktaş and mid-table clubs shouldn't have to go through that.

I seem to recall United being beaten out the gate against Bilbao a few years ago.

Have to say that looking back on this season I'd have welcomed a Europa run. At the time I was happy we didn't have that distraction but I missed not being involved in Europe at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

CCaIDeYW8AAm2Tw.jpg

Yet again???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

LVG has shown this season just why he's in a different stratosphere to Moyes, and why he's managed most of the biggest clubs in Europe.

It's not so much about how well the team is playing now, it's more how his team managed to accumulate points while playing pretty ****.

He had to contend with lots of injuries, but also probably a dressing room that hadn't felt good about themselves as a team for a good while.

The team looks confident again.

Bastards.

SlickRic wrote: »
    LVG has shown this season just why he's in a different stratosphere to Moyes, and why he's managed most of the biggest clubs in Europe.

It's not so much about how well the team is playing now, it's more how his team managed to accumulate points while playing pretty ****.

He had to contend with lots of injuries, but also probably a dressing room that hadn't felt good about themselves as a team for a good while.

The team looks confident again.

Bastards.

The Moyes comparisons were terrible earlier in the season. You knew there was a direction to what van Gaal was trying to do, there was a plan, even when it wasn't working you knew he was trying for something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The Moyes comparisons were terrible earlier in the season. You knew there was a direction to what van Gaal was trying to do, there was a plan, even when it wasn't working you knew he was trying for something.
    There was a plan to what Moyes was doing in fairness but it required getting to the end of the season for the clearout first.

Marcos Rojo is a gas man :D nearly pushed Blind to the floor...

https://twitter.com/red_devils_14/status/587330894261792768

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Say what you like about Moyes (and, flip knows, I have done) but when we exited the CL last season it was with our heads held high, not in ignominious group stage embarrassment.

Scrap the cap!

Liam O wrote: »
    There was a plan to what Moyes was doing in fairness but it required getting to the end of the season for the clearout first.

And then he was going to tell us what it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

the funny thing is - it was only after the Arsenal game, i think, that I lost the faith a bit with LVG. At the start of the season I felt his hand was being forced by injuries and not having players to play the roles he required - but as the season went on he seemed to ignore chances to play formations and players that seemed obvious to change to. Herrera hardly being seen from October onward, Rafael being completely ignored all season. When we got to that Arsenal defeat I just couldn't understand what he was doing or why he was doing it - I couldn't see the plan or direction. Then, we go 433 and everything seems to just click with some great performances vs Spurs, Liverpool and City, and the professional performance vs Villa that is an important as anything else. Now I just hope he has the balls to stick to the formation and style that is serving us so well - Falcao and (more importantly) RVP be damned.

We now look to have a style, a direction, that the players understand and can actually execute - delighted.

Speaking of Moyes - Sociedad drew with Deportivo today ... he has them safe with 38 points in 11th - delighted for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Say what you like about Moyes (and, flip knows, I have done) but when we exited the CL last season it was with our heads held high, not in ignominious group stage embarrassment.

Any more random pot shots at Liverpool and it'll be cards. Banter is fine at times, but this is obvious fishing.

Stop now, and keep on Utd.

And that goes for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ye win a great game that has nothing to do with Liverpool and that's all ye talk about.

Obsessed, ye cant live without us lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

rob316 wrote: »
    Ye win a great game that has nothing to do with Liverpool and that's all ye talk about.

Obsessed, ye cant live without us lads!

Says the Liverpool fan in a United thread..

vAfZR8K.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement