Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I adored that Monday Night football talk about LVG and what he's done for the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Some great photos from the match on @UtdPhotos.

CCffFv6WEAAN7K_.png:large

CCfiX3iWgAAuqRn.png:large

CCaq3f0WYAI_r8j.png

CCaq5gEXIAA-Mke.png

CCaq7LXWMAEThLv.png

CCaoB-IWYAEa34w.png

CCaoEX4WYAAS_DR.png

CCaejFrWYAAHoWs.png

CCaentFWgAIXGuW.png

CCaZgz2WgAEyZhB.png

CCaZfWtWYAAKUyJ.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thanks for sharing they are cool pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Just stumbled across a youtube video of our game away to Sunderland last August and the transformation from then until now has been incredible. We were absolutely awful that day, players bereft of confidence, unsure of what they were meant to be doing. Now, every single player is brimming with confidence, has belief in themselves and is 100% comfortable with the system and style of football we are playing. It's a breath of fresh air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Young has to be one of the first names on the sheet for as long as his form lasts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

Does anyone else think Di Maria will be sold at the end of the season. Lots of talk about his wife been unsettled especially after the burglary and physically I don't think he has whats needed to make it in the premiership.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

billyhead wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Di Maria will be sold at the end of the season. Lots of talk about his wife been unsettled especially after the burglary and physically I don't think he has whats needed to make it in the premiership.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Young has to be one of the first names on the sheet for as long as his form lasts

The 11 that have played the last few games deserve to be looked at as first choice as long as they keep their form up and it's up to the likes of di maria, rvp and falcao to take their chance if they get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

billyhead wrote: »

No chance Lance.

I think he will have a monster season next year, no more than big Fell, when LVG figures out how best to utilise him he will look a different player to this years version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No chance Lance.

I think he will have a monster season next year, no more than big Fell, when LVG figures out how best to utilise him he will look a different player to this years version.

DeGea had a similar issue but once he bulked up he has become the WC keeper we see today.

Di Maria will bulk up alot during the summer im convinced by it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

No chance Lance.

Solving what to do with him next year will need to be solved pretty quickly as it will heavily shape transfer plans. If he plays CM, then we need an upgrade on Young. If plays left wing, then we need an upgrade on Fellaini. On the right wing, Mata must have secured that slot already with his performances in the last few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

as well as the past few weeks have gone I still fully expect to see only about half of the team that started yesterday to be first choice next season.
    LVG has gotten some brilliant performances out of the team but I still feel there are players who are far from his first choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Headshot wrote: »
    DeGea had a similar issue but once he bulked up he has become the WC keeper we see today.

Di Maria will bulk up alot during the summer im convinced by it

He'll be what, 28 next season? Not saying it's not possible but it'd be highly irregular for a player to bulk up his physical profile at this stage in their career.

There's no reason he should need to either tbh. It's like saying Mata needs to bulk up when his primary attributes are from him being light and nimble.

Unless LVG plans on playing Di Maria in CM (not likely) I don't see any reason why he would have to as increased mass isn't much help on the wings.

It's a mental thing, he'll be more used to the physical nature of the league next season so he'll be able to his game in training, at the moment he looks hesitant to go for 50/50's or put his body on the line for fear of getting hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What a win yesterday :)

What a difference a year makes for Fellaini,last season he played with no confidence,

The City game at home last season I think it was Clichy that beat him to a back post header a bit similar to the cross that he got his goal yesterday,even yesterday Tony V put in a ball and Fellaini just bulldozed Zabaleta trying to get to the ball.

Also last season he was been pushed off the ball too easily but now he has his confidence back he is now attacking the ball and is becoming a huge force in the Utd team,its great to see and long may it continue.

Bring on Chelsea!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Cant see De Gea leaving anytime soon. Cameras were on him a couple of times after our goals yesterday and he seemed to be really enjoying the way we were playing and the result seemed to mean a lot to him. If he was thinking of going he would hardly be that bothered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I just saw there that Mata only needs 4 more league goals to equal his Chelsea record.

Hugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Robson99 wrote: »
    Cant see De Gea leaving anytime soon. Cameras were on him a couple of times after our goals yesterday and he seemed to be really enjoying the way we were playing and the result seemed to mean a lot to him. If he was thinking of going he would hardly be that bothered

if he was minded to stay surely a new contract would have been signed by now. the closer we get to the summer without a new deal being announced the worse things look, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

if he was minded to stay surely a new contract would have been signed by now. the closer we get to the summer without a new deal being announced the worse things look, imo.

Was probably making sure we qualified for C.L. football first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Things are good when your considering United Midfielders for fantasy football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Some great photos from the match on @UtdPhotos.

Nothing will ever top this photo

CCZxgCRW4AALHI9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

A new dawn for Fantasy Football :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I put Mata in 3 games ago :D

Some more pics and a gif from the derby that didn't seem to make their way in here...

33Ybhcb.jpg

pEpZT4S.jpg

XmUovUs.jpg?1

bYrQJID.jpg

^This one cracks me up, Adnan's like "Fella, you're amazing" and Fellaini's like "Wait 'til you see this...". If I was at all useful with photoshop, I'd have to copy the guys into a scene of them walking on a snowy path, leaves by their feet, bare trees misty in the backgorund. They make a nice couple!

And finally here is a link to a gfy of Herrera showing another reason why he is to be adored. It displays a sense of humour in arguably his biggest game of the season, which in turn shows more of that confidence we've been talking about...

http://gfycat.com/BossyDesertedFlounder

I seriously hope Utd don't change their approach for the Chelsea game. There's been some quality attacking football and control of possession lately, I'm sure there might be a temptation to sit back a bit but hopeful Utd go out and attack again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I would be happy with the most boring 0-0 of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Nuts102 wrote: »

Not when top4 is virtually secure,if it we were going for the title then yes you have to hedge your bets sometimes,

Hopefully we come out disciplined but attack minded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Chelsea without Costa and looking like they are taking their foot off the gas a little bit. I like our chances to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Trond wrote: »
    I put Mata in 3 games ago :D

I'll see your Mata and raise you a Rooney.

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »

Nah can't agree with that. I think Utd need to put forward their credentials for next season. It'll be a very tough game to win but I hope we give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

just watch motd last night, carricks tackle on yaya toure when he was certain to score was a thing of beauty. would have been 2-0 and probably game over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

<Please don't post links to illegal content, next time will be a card.>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

2 days on and the City match is still putting a pep in my step. #WellDoneFellaini

2 days on and the City match is still putting a pep in my step. #WellDoneFellaini

#welldonemanu

Fellaini could score a hat-trick in Stamford Bridge and bangkok still wouldn't rate him. It's just getting embarrassing at this stage to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

thelad95 wrote: »
    Fellaini could score a hat-trick in Stamford Bridge and bangkok still wouldn't rate him. It's just getting embarrassing at this stage to be honest.

It must be Tuesday.

I said he was a good player having a good season and that he is effective in our current setup. check my posts

Also people go way over the top as well, I was reading on here the last few days that is was "class" and also a "united legend"

Neville on rooney last night.....

His former team-mate said on Monday Night Football: “I came away from the game thinking: ‘Was he anonymous? How did he play? We never mentioned him much during the game.’ He wasn’t really talked about that much.

“Having played with Wayne Rooney for 10 years, having worked with him for England for three or four years, I can say he is a street football player who can chase the ball, wants to be involved and wants to be everywhere on the pitch."

:P

bangkok wrote: »
    I said he was a good player having a good season and that he is effective in our current setup. check my posts

Also people go way over the top as well, I was reading on here the last few days that is was "class" and also a "united legend"

Fellaini is class and he could well go on to be a United legend. The guy is a nightmare for defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Neville on rooney last night.....

His former team-mate said on Monday Night Football: “I came away from the game thinking: ‘Was he anonymous? How did he play? We never mentioned him much during the game.’ He wasn’t really talked about that much.

“Having played with Wayne Rooney for 10 years, having worked with him for England for three or four years, I can say he is a street football player who can chase the ball, wants to be involved and wants to be everywhere on the pitch."

:P

The first thing I thought when I heard Neville saying that Milner was man-marking Carrick on Sunday was that you would believe him and bring it up in the thread. The first thing I thought when I heard Neville saying that Rooney was a street footballer was that you would hear it and bring it up in the thread. At this stage when a commentator, pundit or journalist talking about United says something stupid or wrong I now expect you to repeat it in this thread. That is quite an achievement.

• Advertisement

Fellaini is class and he could well go on to be a United legend. The guy is a nightmare for defenders.

our definitions of class are totally different so.

My definition of class is a quick footed player who can see a pass, good skill on the ball, 2 footed, Herrera would fit into this category.

Fellaini is a great outlet, great chest control, physical player who is having a good season

Pro. F wrote: »
    The first thing I thought when I heard Neville saying that Milner was man-marking Carrick on Sunday was that you would believe him and bring it up in the thread. The first thing I thought when I heard Neville saying that Rooney was a street footballer was that you would hear it and bring it up in the thread. At this stage when a commentator, pundit or journalist talking about United says something stupid or wrong I now expect you to repeat it in this thread. That is quite an achievement.

no I believe you as you know way more than gary Neville

Neville is definitely wrong on this one, Rooney is an jungle footballer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

our definitions of class are totally different so.

My definition of class is a quick footed player who can see a pass, good skill on the ball, 2 footed, Herrera would fit into this category.

Fellaini is a great outlet, great chest control, physical player who is having a good season

I guess Ronaldo is class and John Terry isn't then

I guess Ronaldo is class and John Terry isn't then

well john terry is a defender first of all, fellaini is an attacking midfielder/2nd striker

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Always thought of Rooney as a countryside footballer myself.

Always thought of Rooney as a countryside footballer myself.

I can see where you're coming from all right, but I'll stick with jungle and maybe a bit of savanna thrown in at times when he's playing less treeish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Several reports that Young is happy to take a paycut to remain at United, which kind of makes me like him a bit more. Personally, he's gone from "Get rid of him" to "Very happy to have him as a squad option going forward".

Some reports that we're after Ings as well, who is out of contract at the end of the season? Or something...

Newcastle have apparently joined the list of clubs who want Wilson on loan next season.

Zidane has ruled out Bale leaving Madrid. "‘But the president has said he is not for sale – and that is because he is not for sale. That will be the answer to Manchester United or any other club that asks the question."

The Mail claims that Arsenal are also after Gundogan, and had a bid of 18m or so rejected in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

well john terry is a defender first of all, fellaini is an attacking midfielder/2nd striker

I'm well aware what position Terry plays but from your comments you'd swear you can only be one or the other. Not all class footballers are consistant goalscorers or incredibly skillful

I'm well aware what position Terry plays but from your comments you'd swear you can only be one or the other. Not all class footballers are consistant goalscorers or incredibly skillful

so by your criteria what makes a player "class"?

imo... rio Ferdinand was a class defender
    carrick/Herrera/mata are class midfielders
    aguero is a class striker

I might also add, I don't think Young or valencia are class either but they are very effective and good players in our system right now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement