Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

If this is you admitting you were wrong then that says it all really...

Ah, so now the issue is changed from me not admitting when I am wrong, to posting in a way that you don't find acceptable.

I readily admit that I am not always polite when engaging on the forum. It wholly depends on who I am talking to and how they've been posting and how we have gotten on in the past. In this particular case I was in an extremely long discussion with a poster who has since been perma-banned from the forum. We did not get on.

RasTa wrote: »
    The thing about Pro is he never admits when he is wrong, maybe he is always right but I've never read him admitting he was wrong about anything.

Here's another example of me admitting that I was wrong. This time in relation to Simon Cox's usefulness for Ireland.
    Pro. F wrote: »
    Well that is a pretty poor record all right. I didn't realise it was that bad.
    Yeah I didn't realise his goal record was that bad. It's pretty poor all right. Definitely raises questions about his ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Mata did a Q&A on MUTV.
    Juan Mata on fastest player: "I think Luke Shaw is up there, he's super fast."

Best dressed: "Radamel Falcao."

Worst dressed: "I think it's between Rafael and Phil Jones, disaster."

Funniest player: "I think Ander is the funniest."

Most vain: "Based on how long he takes to do his hair after practice, the most vain has to be De Gea."

Best music taste: "Michael Carrick."

Best driver: "The best driver, well, you (Falcao). Every time you bring us to the stadium, you drive perfectly."

Smartest player: "Smartest player... Michael Carrick."

Best dribbler: "I think the best dribbler is Adnan."

Best dancer: "Antonio Valencia."

Worst dancer: "Ander Herrera dances terribly."

Best singer: "I think David De Gea or Marcos Rojo. Marcos Rojo, he likes it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Serious amount of scutter posted in here today lads. What's wrong with ye?

Is it that ye have all been posting in here together too long and as a result your periods have synced and ye are now manstruating together?

I don't like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Here's another example of me admitting that I was wrong. This time in relation to Simon Cox's usefulness for Ireland.

Just admit you were wrong about having admitted you were wrong. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I still love you Pro F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Who pissed in our cornflakes??

UUUUNIIIIIIIITEDDDDDD

WE ARE BACK THANK YOU LVG

Headshot wrote: »
    I still love you Pro F

*hug*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm fairly sure I've called most of the regulars a bollocks at one stage or another but I still think ye are all sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

People were making counter arguments. I don't recall any "crying". Unless crying is your definition or disagreeing.
    "

There was loads of moaning about his posting style in the last few pages. Fair play to the lads that were making counter arguments, they aren't who I'm referring to.

How about leaving people at it and not being a sheep who is falling into line behind a "strong voice" or "agreeing"

Im all for leaving people at it if they are counter arguing. Did you read my post properly. Also how in Gods name am I being a sheep or agreeing with Pro F by calling him a strong voice and asking people to stop crying with their moaning about him?

Pretty weird points.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah lads, come on. Rather than arguing semantics and pedantics, can we get back to discussing Man United? :(

Anyway, evening news round up.

As mentioned earlier, a few sources are suggesting we're offering Hernandez in a straight swap for Clyne.

Andre Ayew has said he's considering a move, and we're apparently "on alert".

Metro reporting we might have an interest in Gregory van der Wiel, who would be available for round 9m if Dani Alves joins PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

*Edit. Just seen Lord TSCs post above after posting mine so have edited it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Does he say "alright lad" at the start of the video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I know he doesn't need me to argue for him but I've definitely seen Pro. F admit he was wrong in this thread, most recently when he thought a few of the lads were takin the piss of Liverpool with the "never forget" stuff. He's a big contributor to this thread and I enjoy reading his posts. I've always found him a sound poster tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Sorry Lord TSC only seen your post now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

We all post here. We all like the internet. We've all got lives outside it. There is no winner of the I've-got-more-of-a-life-than-you argument in any context.

You're mistaking my point but you do spend a disproportionate amount of time arguing with people. Today with Siaphanne and Bangkok for example.

You should be uploading photos of your dinner and what beer you might be drinking...

You're mistaking my point but you do spend a disproportionate amount of time arguing with people. Today with Siaphanne and Bangkok for example.

You should be uploading photos of your dinner and what beer you might be drinking...

What is your point then?

edit: never mind, I just don't get the last line.

It's a pity that me arguing with other posters on a discussion forum is an issue for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Can I just say that this has been the most joyous of weeks I've had all season. Working in an office with 80% Liverpool fans has been glorious.

LVG I want to hug you.

I would also like to be the meat in a Mata Herrera sandwich. (No homo..ok a lil homo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What is your point then?

edit: never mind, I just don't get the last line.

It's a pity that me arguing with other posters on a discussion forum is an issue for you.

Well I have to read it... Most of your posts today are debating the same crap with Bangkok or 2 days spent arguing with Sipahhnne over whatever he said. You have even said you think about Bangkok whenever some commentator might mention something stupid which is weird.

You can't let things go and it's tiresome for other members to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mata did a Q&A on MUTV.

Funniest player: "I think Ander is the funniest."

ANder-Herrera-and-Juan-Mata-1.jpg
    1408465280850_wps_2_Man_Uniteds_Juan_Mata_Dav.jpg
    7028F6B76F4A422085AF4B62B62DA1E1.ashx?w=480&h=270&rgn=0,395,2376,1733
    poca-presencia-mata-herrera-las-alineaciones-van-gaal-aventura-salida-del-united-1415827835683.jpg
    1413816541053_Image_galleryImage_Juan_Mata_vs_Ander_Herrer.JPG
    1408026900570_wps_8_Juan_Mata_Garc_a_juanmata.jpg

its-so-beautiful-gif.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,373 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

maybe this is why De Gea hasn't signed a new contract - the Herrera/Mata bromance is too much for him to take, cast aside by Mata for the new kid on the block.

happier times:

mata-de-gea1.jpg

Well I have to read it... Most of your posts today are debating the same crap with Bangkok or 2 days spent arguing with Sipahhnne over whatever he said. You have even said you think about Bangkok whenever some commentator might mention something stupid which is weird.

You can't let things go and it's tiresome for other members to read.

We've all got topics, posters and types of discussion that we find tiresome to read. It's a pity that I am that for you, but I'm not going to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Would love Modric to be the replacement or carrick next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United barring some absolute disaster (which I can't see happening) will have CL next season and on current form, it will be automatic qualification.
    I think United signs upto 5 to 6 players as the current team not good enough to challenge for all 4 trophies.

Going back to earlier discussion about Ings, United will go for a top quality striker to replace Falcao and maybe Rooney, Ings is an option too if both goes, but highly risky if Rooney got injured and we have matches in the Premier league, Champions league, the league cup and FA cup.
    United could sign two central defenders, a right back, midfielder, right winger and striker.
    Evans, Nani, Hernandez and Van Persie get sold. Wilson on loan.

So we keep our current two goalkeepers and Valdes gets games next season given we shouldn't be losing 4-0 in our first game in the league cup...
    Five central defenders of Smalling, Jones, Rojo, maybe Hummels and possible other new defender.
    Valencia and new right back for that position.
    Blind, Rojo and Shaw for left back.
    For the other positions the same apart from those sold. With Depay, new midfielder and striker.
    I think Van Gaal will go all out to make Thomas Muller the big name signing this summer to replace Van Persie, plus Muller is a versatile player and in reality is underrated, given everyone refers to Ronaldo and Messi, then Bale.
    A proven high profile goalscorer who is on form will be signed in my opinion.
    Muller would be ideal for Van Gaal's plans, with CL football, a reunion with Van Gaal could be tempting this summer compared to last summer, when United looked like a risky move.

I going for:
    Clyne
    Hummels
    Laporte
    Schneiderlin
    Depay
    Muller

Come on, who thought we would have Di Maria and Falcao this time last year? United fans can dream...

United have the money to really upgrade the team so it can easily cope with far more matches next season.
    We don't want a team like the one that played MK Dons being an alternative option.
    Van Gaal certainly didn't given he couldn't get rid of a lot of them fast enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Nolars wrote: »
    Would love Modric to be the replacement or carrick next season.

Modric is class but he couldnt replace Carrick. Would need someone who is better defensively for that imo.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Muller would be ideal for Van Gaal's plans, with CL football, a reunion with Van Gaal could be tempting this summer compared to last summer, when United looked like a risky move.

I going for:
    Clyne
    Hummels
    Laporte
    Schneiderlin
    Depay
    Muller

Clyne is very likely going by all accounts. One of the mirror lads was on MUTV this evening saying it is a done deal.
    Hummels is one I am certain we will go for. Don't see us going for another CB if we sign him. I think Jones, Smalling and Rojo have proven themselves enough of late.
    Schneiderlin is an interesting one - we certainly need another CM - one that can do the job(s) of Carrick and/or Fellaini. Pogba would be my no.1 target but I don't think we will get him. Would love us to try get Veratti.
    Depay is another player I would be very confident in us going for. With (hopefully) a move to 433 we need to add a goal threat to the wings. Depay would cover this.
    Your Muller shout is a very interesting one - seemingly we have been in for him previously under LVG so we might go again. His adaptability to play across the forward line would be perfect as we need a player that can act as a foil to Rooney, but also one who can replace him in the first 11 to an acceptable standard should Rooney be out of the team fr any reason.
    I do reckon we will go for Ings - a cheap forward tp act as a squad/rotation option after selling RVP and letting Falcao go elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

DDG
    Clyne - Hummels - Smalling - Shaw

Herrera - Modric/Koke/Pogba (Long term replacment for carrick) - Di Maria

Mata - Rooney - Depay

Will be a interesting summer to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Signing Clyne is a risk we shouldn't take imo...

• Advertisement

Signing Clyne is a risk we shouldn't take imo...

\Signing Alves would be a risk too. Would he adapt to the english league? Less money, obviously, but taking money out of the picture and it always a gamble anyway. Clyne has been a consistent performer in the PL for two seasons now. Done very, arguably the top RB performer.

Personally I jsut wish LVG would give Raf a go.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if LVG is planning to stick with Valencia as first choice RB. Not that I agree with that choice, just seems likely to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Getting him to sign a new contract would be the best business of the summer

\Signing Alves would be a risk too. Would he adapt to the english league? Less money, obviously, but taking money out of the picture and it always a gamble anyway. Clyne has been a consistent performer in the PL for two seasons now. Done very, arguably the top RB performer.

Personally I jsut wish LVG would give Raf a go.

Reminds me I should have put Rafael on the gets sold list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Have the Seamus Coleman rumours gone cold? Don't think he'd be good enough to be honest.

Getting him to sign a new contract would be the best business of the summer

Definitely, getting De Gea to re-sign long term would be massive, because let's face it, he has hands down been United's best player all season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I just don't understand the buzz about Clyne. It seems the papers ran it and suddenly everyone agreed with it for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

There's a lot of love for Mata, Herrera, and Fellaini the last few days but they seem like the players most at risk over the Summer if we bring in any of the suggested targets.

I'd be happy with a decent centre half and a right back at the moment. Sell RVP and loan out a few youngsters. Then if Bale is available spend our money on him. Or Ronaldo. Not fussy.

GSPfan wrote: »
    There's a lot of love for Mata, Herrera, and Fellaini the last few days but they seem like the players most at risk over the Summer if we bring in any of the suggested targets.

I'd be happy with a decent centre half and a right back at the moment. Sell RVP and loan out a few youngsters. Then if Bale is available spend our money on him. Or Ronaldo. Not fussy.

so, lets say Fellaini and Herrera are injured. What midfielder are you going to bring in for him? Play Rooney or Di Maria in there? We need a midfielder, imo, so may as well go for one that would improve the first team or at the very least compete with Fellaini/Herrera for that starting sport. Its hopefully going to be a long season. Thats forgetting the fact Carrick is going to be 34 by the time next season starts.

As for Mata, not being a natural winger could be an issue for him, or again we simply need to be improving the quality of the squad and we should do that by buying first team level players rather than average back up players.

GSPfan wrote: »

I don't think they are at risk, United can get rid of other players and have a much stronger squad with better options.
    Mata, Herrera and Fellaini are safe. They all score goals and provide goals and have rescued things for United and Van Gaal since we have been blessed with the injury to Van Persie which led to Rooney being restored to the role of striker.

I should say, I didn't want Van Persie to get injured, but it was the only way to get him out of the team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Get Depay signed up as soon as possible, Hummels next then a midfielder and right back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Just on the Valencia RB comments, anyone watch the full time devils YouTube vids? A man (a regular on them) said Valencia is the best right back in the league lol. Scary thought regards Pro's comment and LVG being happy with him, he could be long term.

I'm happy with him but not that happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Looking forward to Chelsea game actually.

Never thought I be saying that after defeat to Swansea in February.

I know the season is a marathon and no game is a season changer, but the last minute win to Newcastle really could turn out to be a real big result looking back. It remains to be seen how big but at moment but the Young goal was a huge one as things stand.

I'm thinking United can go to Stamford Bridge on Saturday and beat Chelsea, given how the team has played recently, as for predictions i'd say 2-0 United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

See Madrid? Casillas is making loads of saves, sure he is just brilliant, you don't need to look around for a new keeper - you're grand!!

But sell us Varane though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Some run from Varane in the first half to set up a counter attack.

He'd be my first choice for Cb signing if it was possible. I don't think it is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

so, lets say Fellaini and Herrera are injured. What midfielder are you going to bring in for him? Play Rooney or Di Maria in there? We need a midfielder, imo, so may as well go for one that would improve the first team or at the very least compete with Fellaini/Herrera for that starting sport. Its hopefully going to be a long season. Thats forgetting the fact Carrick is going to be 34 by the time next season starts.

As for Mata, not being a natural winger could be an issue for him, or again we simply need to be improving the quality of the squad and we should do that by buying first team level players rather than average back up players.

Natural or not, Mata has done well on the wings. I wouldn't have too many concerns for him whilst his competition is Young and Valencia. Di Maria will probably secure the other slot - they can both play on either wing, so you could see both alternating with Rooney as the central #9 next season.

We need two midfielders this summer though, with Rooney hopefully being seen as the default #9 again, and Di Maria on the wings: one to upgrade on Fellaini, and another who can replace Carrick. I cant see him doing a 50+ game season at 34.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Get Depay signed up as soon as possible, Hummels next then a midfielder and right back

Was watching a football highlights show last night and they were discussing a Hummels move to United during the Bundesliga part. They showed some clips of his bad play this season and said he wasn't the same player as he was in the world cup. All the panelists said United shouldn't buy him based on his form, price and injury record. Maybe LVG should look elsewhere and try and find the next Hummels rather than a broken one. Would love to see Depay signed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

thelad95 wrote: »
    Have the Seamus Coleman rumours gone cold? Don't think he'd be good enough to be honest.

Id hate to see us blow the £20 to £30 million it would take to sign Coleman while leaving Raf to rot.

Poor Raf.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

What about Vidal lads? He was all the buzz a year or two ago. Would love to see him in a United shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Degag wrote: »
    What about Vidal lads? He was all the buzz a year or two ago. Would love to see him in a United shirt.

I think that ship has sailed has it?

Vidal and Sneijder two great summer transfer saga's

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement