Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Could got with a 4-4-2?
    Val - Smalling - McNair/Blackett - Shaw
    Mata - Herrera - Fellaini - Young
    Rooney - RVP/Falcao

no way, we would be destroyed in midfield.

your back 4 will be as is, but rooney will be in midfield now, I think di maria will also start as we need pace on the counter attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Typical Jose getting all the luck,arguably his toughest game of the season and then we end up with a mini injury crisis against him.
    Gone from Chelsea being happy with the draw to us settling for one.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If only.......

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 5m5 minutes ago Louis van Gaal tells #MUTV that Carrick, Rojo, Jones & Blind will miss Saturday's game at Chelsea. Evans still suspended. Shaw available.

This is taking away my horny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

zerks wrote: »
    Typical Jose getting all the luck,arguably his toughest game of the season and then we end up with a mini injury crisis against him.
    Gone from Chelsea being happy with the draw to us settling for one.:(

Emirates away is our toughest game left on the season, IMO.

Arsenal are better at home than Utd are away, naturally, so I'm more fearful of the Emirates trip than the visit of Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

"Normally I always put players in the line-up if they've played for the opponent, so I think Mata shall play"

Viva Juan el mago!

Would love to see him stick to Jose on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Get Bayerns ex doctor over to work his magic and they'll be grand for tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I just hope he plays Falcao up top over RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Ugh, I went from everything is awesome to we are all going to die mood

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Would love Mata to score the winner for so many reasons.
    DDG
    Valencia - Smalling - McNair - Shaw
    Herrera - Rooney
    Mata - Fellaini - Young
    Falcao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Would love Mata to score the winner for so many reasons.
    DDG
    Valencia - Smalling - McNair - Shaw
    Herrera - Rooney
    Mata - Fellaini - Mata

Falcao
    2 matas :eek:

What is this witch craft

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    2 matas :eek:

What is this witch craft

Just to be sure. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Emirates away is our toughest game left on the season, IMO.

Arsenal are better at home than Utd are away, naturally, so I'm more fearful of the Emirates trip than the visit of Utd.

Good thing then that we are at home then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

BKtje wrote: »

Chelsea are at home

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

You didnt ssay what you valued him at unless I missed it beforehand. You wree so vehement that 25 was good value that he was worth much less.

Who in that bracket pricewise would you go for?

Regarding the amount of players that fit the system I'm not saying they're very rare, just that there are mandatory traits for specific positions and if you dont adjust thats that.

Yeah, I said mid-teens up to £20m in the previous post.

I wouldn't limit myself to a particular age or price bracket if we're looking for the best bang for our buck, which is what I think we should be doing. That means being willing to shop around rather than just fixate on one target.

If the club are after a winger this summer then I'd be looking at Depay, Felipe Anderson, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Griezmann and Reus (if he proves fit, I know he says he's happy but you can still try to tempt him). I'm sure there are others worth looking at that I haven't thought of.

Also, if we're sticking with Mata out wide then I'd give serious consideration to the idea that sticking with what we've got already could be the best value move. We still have to integrate Di Maria into the team; I still think that Nani should be used and after that we have Young and Januzaj if he doesn't go on loan, plus whatever other youngsters we might want to try bringing through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

BKtje wrote: »
    duffman13 wrote: »
    Chelsea are at home

Gav means Chelsea's game at the Emirates. United are at home to Arsenal later in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Aha, now makes sense. Apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

Inject a bit of honey into carrick and blind asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Will mean Rooney in CM with Falcao coming in
    Or di Maria coming in with Fellaini going deeper.

Young or Shaw at LB with McNair at Cb

Praying for a draw now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

bangkok wrote: »

Oh it would be brilliant if Falcao found his shooting boots ahead of tomorrow afternoon's game.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Oh it would be brilliant if Falcao found his shooting boots ahead of tomorrow afternoon's game.

Said someone before every game this season :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Said someone before every game this season :pac:

We've all hoped, maybe it'll finally click against Chelsea (wishful hoping at best).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ah feck,bloody injuries again :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Tough to think Utd can get anything without Carrick and Blind. LVG has his work cut out to find a formation and team that works 2mrw. Luckily there is a nice cushion from 5th place as I don't think a defeat 2mrw is a disaster. Point will be a bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

So what the hell is wrong with Jones this time?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Look on the bright side; with a weaker defensive side to things, Chelsea may well be more adventurous and opt to attack rather than defending like mad. Might open up things up front for us.

Back to the good old days of "You score 3, we'll score 4" :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »

It would not surprise me if Falcao starts tomorrow. It would be very LVG.

Wait, it would be...

wait for it....

LVGenius

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Look on the bright side; with a weaker defensive side to things, Chelsea may well be more adventurous and opt to attack rather than defending like mad. Might open up things up front for us.

I wish, would love a really open attacking game. I know it's unlikely but I think if Van Gaal was just playing mind games and Rojo, Blind, Carrick and Jones all started tomorrow I would get the biggest hard on of my life.

Hat-trick for Mata and one from Falcao to round it out. Cue the roof blowing off this place. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rooney in midfield, great

I didn't want to win anyway

Ps. It'll be RVP up front, Falcao doesn't start games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The confidence is high and I still think we can nick a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is why I think United sign two centre backs, going with Hummels and maybe Laporte, with Evans sold.

Falcao to start would be good as Rooney will be moved back to midfield. Falcao and Mata to score.

I love strikers who seem to score against certain teams, as I said earlier in this thread, last time Falcao played against Chelsea he scored four.
    Time for El Tigre to bite.

The confidence is high and I still think we can nick a result.

I think Carrick is a massive loss and it will drive the overall performance way down.

I've gone from expecting a draw, hoping for a win, to expecting a terrible, scrappy 90 minutes where United never get fully into the game and Chelsea nick one at some point and finish 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It HAS to be Fellaini and Herrera in CM/DM imo. That shouldn't be up for debate.

Falcao has to play if he goes the extra striker route, it'd be very disheartening after what's happened this season to see RVP play after the hard time Falcao has had getting in the team.

If it was me, I'd go:

DDG
    Valencia-Smalling-Blackett-Shaw
    Fellaini----Herrera
    Mata----Di Maria----Young
    Rooney

The only thing I think I might change is Di Maria wide and Mata in the middle but I think Di Maria has more fitness in the middle. Young has done enough in the last game to stay in the team. You could drop one of Di Maria or Mata and put Rooney wherever they are not and Falcao up front which I wouldn't mind, or just drop Rooney altogether but that wont happen. I like the look of the team I have above though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Has to be Falcao starting, RVP isn't fit enough to start. Falcao is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

RobertKK wrote: »
    This is why I think United sign two centre backs, going with Hummels and maybe Laporte, with Evans sold.

Falcao to start would be good as Rooney will be moved back to midfield. Falcao and Mata to score.

I love strikers who seem to score against certain teams, as I said earlier in this thread, last time Falcao played against Chelsea he scored four.
    Time for El Tigre to bite.

He scored 3, 3!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Don't know how recent this is, but seems there's a chance Blind and Jones could play (if accurate)

https://twitter.com/UtdReport/status/589041135944916992

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Carrick is a huge loss :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

ah sh*t. Without carrick we are a whole different team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Blind and Jones making the game would make a massive difference to the outloook of the game, imo.

If Shaw can play, then your defence is Valencia, Smalling, Jones and Shaw, with Blind taking Carricks spot in midfield - meaning we don't have to move Rooney back or change the other 5 players of the front 6.

Wonder if he would still go with Blind at LB over shaw though, meaning Rooney back in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'd be worried starting Shaw at LB tomorrow, he hasn't played a lot and this is away to Chelsea so if Blind is fit I'd rather Blind in there.

Would like Falcao to start up front if Rooney is back into midfield...not RVP please..

Irishcrx wrote: »
    I'd be worried starting Shaw at LB tomorrow, he hasn't played a lot and this is away to Chelsea so if Blind is fit I'd rather Blind in there.

Would like Falcao to start up front if Rooney is back into midfield...not RVP please..

In isolation I agree with Blind over Shaw at LB, but I would also much prefer to keep Rooney up top and Fellaini/Herrera central so Blind in the Carrick spot would be my preference.

Accoridng to James ducker, no jones, rojo, blind, evans or carrick tomorrow. Who the hell is going to play cb. Could be a back of valencia, mcnair, blackett and shaw.

CDM could be fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The amount of injuries really is a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Accoridng to James ducker, no jones, rojo, blind, evans or carrick tomorrow. Who the hell is going to play cb. Could be a back of valencia, mcnair, blackett and shaw.

CDM could be fellaini.

Smalling will play for sure.

Considering Blind played on in the match last week, it seems odd the same injury would keep him out a week later.

adox wrote: »
    Smalling will play for sure.

Forgot about him. Annoyed now that we are forced to our line up to something that could possibly be completely different and use players that haven't played in months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Forgot about him. Annoyed now that we are forced to our line up to something that could possibly be completely different and use players that haven't played in months.

That's football!

On the bright side, Costa is out for Chelsea...

Irishcrx wrote: »
    That's football!

On the bright side, Costa is out for Chelsea...

True true. Despite injuries, i'm sure mourinho would still be happy with a draw and i wouldn't be upset if we got a draw either now with the situation we are in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

There is no way Di Maria should be on the bench with such a mini injury crisis. He should play on wings with Mata behind Rooney.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement