Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Sand

His last appearance is over a month ago and the last time he played 90 minutes was the 8th of February, if I was picking the team for Chelsea away I don't think I would start him given he's only coming back

Just noticed he was on the team that looked full of likely starters in the 11 v 11 game in training so he might start him, Smalling was on the other team though so it's not concrete

If the medical team say hes match fit, and hes in training then I would trust him and play him even if its not ideal. Even if he's only average its a better message for a young player with a 30 million price tag chipping away at his confidence that he's at least trusted to play when there is a mini-injury crisis. He's played Chelsea 5 times already in his career. He's a better option at left back than a stop gap measure like Young, and more importantly for his development he needs to know the club believes that too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Still think Falcao has a big goal in him for us, hopefully comes tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Falcao to do a Diego Forlan tomorrow and score the winner against Chelsea.

For some strange reason I'm confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Yeah but you're always confident these days Kew. :P I want some of what you're having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Forlan was my favourite player i got some abuse for having him on my jersey but loved him. He proved what he could do when he moved and played up top as the main man.

Obviously Falcao is a different case a world class striker without doubt. I don't think he will be here next year but despite his lack of games he is celebrating goals and kept quiet in the media so for me a true professional and i wish things had worked out for him.

He will probably win the golden boot next year wherever he goes but he just doesn;t fit the system at United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Next season is our season ... :D

CCzW4erWEAAljGs.png

People can moan and whatever about LVG done over the season and fair enough. He has made some poor decisions and had injury problems.

But just look at the recent results we comfortably beat Spurs, Liverpool and City and Villa. It's not just falling over the line we have played lovely football and outplayed them.

We pissed the league in Fergie's last year but United are playing the best football i seen in 4 or 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Player of the season coutinho vs 'flop' di maria

CCvHiGyVEAAoBN4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That gif is approaching grumpy cat levels of popularity. I think I've seen it a hundred times at this stage. Poor Turtyturd will be crying himself to sleep. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Player of the season coutinho vs 'flop' di maria

CCvHiGyVEAAoBN4.jpg

Carragher explains why Coutinho is in the running for POTY.It's all about tactics and ensuring your man gets the nod.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3043949/Why-John-Terry-picked-Philippe-Coutinho-secret-tactics-voting-PFA-Player-Year.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zerks wrote: »

I hope thats not true. Cant see how he's any where near good enough for utd

"Secret tactics". You would have to be incredibly dim to not realise why......ah. Jamie Carragher. It makes sense now. Never mind.

Headshot wrote: »

Wilson is potentially a Harry Kane he needs a good loan, if Ings is got for pittance to sit on the bench its a great deal.

Kirby wrote: »
    "Secret tactics". You would have to be incredibly dim to not realise why......ah. Jamie Carragher. It makes sense now. Never mind.

At least Mario is looking likely to win Liverpool's poty............nothing to do with United fans voting;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

We could actually be facing a bit of a striker crisis next season with RVP, Chico and Falcao all likely to leave. Danny Ings is certainly not the answer though. I think we need a marquee forward before we think about signing Ings. Wilson is already a decent back up anyway, signing Ings could just hinder his progression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

thelad95 wrote: »
    We could actually be facing a bit of a striker crisis next season with RVP, Chico and Falcao all likely to leave. Danny Ings is certainly not the answer though. I think we need a marquee forward before we think about signing Ings. Wilson is already a decent back up anyway, signing Ings could just hinder his progression.

Is he though? Looks far from ready to me.
    When I'm looking at the bench when a goal down, I won't be thinking "ah we're grand, we've got Wilson to come on"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Pro. F wrote: »
    Yeah should be Mata ahead of Di Maria in the second team. Edited now.

Funny tho..if Bangkok had posted that second team (mistake or not) he would have been laughed out of here...

....just saying #controversial

irishfeen wrote: »
    Apparently there are reports from Spanish television station La Sexta that DeGea has agreed to join Real during the summer... :( god I hope its BS :(

Mirror running it in England http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-uniteds-david-de-gea-5538881

Please be usual Mirror drivel...

Funny tho..if Bangkok had posted that second team (mistake or not) he would have been laughed out of here...

....just saying #controversial

Also, would ye not think if Di Maria cannot get a game tomorrow, then it is not a good portent of things to come for him?

• Advertisement

Is he though? Looks far from ready to me.
    When I'm looking at the bench when a goal down, I won't be thinking "ah we're grand, we've got Wilson to come on"

Wilson is a natural goalscorer he could be kept as backup but he needs football. Its mad Kane had 14 goals in 56 games at Championship and LIgue 1 before this season.

Kane flourished under first team football but i think Wilson is two years off the United first team

A sublime free-kick, almost perfect but for the save that stopped it...

https://twitter.com/forevruntd/status/588996014482149376

I'm still amazed he saved that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Also, would ye not think if Di Maria cannot get a game tomorrow, then it is not a good portent of things to come for him?

#mata

#fellaini

DiMaria will come good next season, he has too much class and ability tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Just noticed he was on the team that looked full of likely starters in the 11 v 11 game in training so he might start him, Smalling was on the other team though so it's not concrete

That was attackers vs defenders I think. Not 11 vs 11.

#mata

#fellaini

Doesn't always work out tho...If his head (or his missus's) not in right place, then we/he in trouble...
    Would not like to see it, but wouldn't be surprised to see him go either...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wtf is a La Sexta? :pac:
    Ha it's actually a channel in Spain - how reliable I have no idea...

11157499_10152904811182746_2174193698467685166_o.jpg

Just text a buddy in Madrid who said not to trust La Sexta and that it hasn't made any other major TV/newspapers in Spain that he has seen this morning.

.... and relax..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

#mata

#fellaini

They said the same about Torres :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »

Not every player is going to be first team quality, but we need a striker who can be second or third choice yet still reliable. For the quoted price tag, I'd be ok with him. He's being signed as a bench warmer, and we need some of them.

If we're keeping Rooney, and keeping the one up top system, you're going to need a striker like Ings sitting in the wings, happy if he never gets a game.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not every player is going to be first team quality, but we need a striker who can be second or third choice yet still reliable. For the quoted price tag, I'd be ok with him. He's being signed as a bench warmer, and we need some of them.

If we're keeping Rooney, and keeping the one up top system, you're going to need a striker like Ings sitting in the wings, happy if he never gets a game.

Ings: 23,scores goals,used to the league,is available for a pittance and gets us around any stupid homegrown rule.I'd take him at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think Ings would be a very good signing for United. He could probably do a job similar to that of Remy for us. He's young, strong, quick and knows where the goal is. Would be a good addition in building a squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just watching the 08 CL Final on MUTV

Never get sick of watching it,

Terry to slip up today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Was relatively confident coming into this game but the loss of those 4 is a big hindrance. On the plus side, if it was going to happen, may as well be for this game. Even in our pomp, we wouldn't have been going to Stamford Bridge expecting maximum points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Falcao starting according to some more reliable sources on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Johner wrote: »
    I think Ings would be a very good signing for United. He could probably do a job similar to that of Remy for us. He's young, strong, quick and knows where the goal is. Would be a good addition in building a squad.

But so could Chico, albeit a slightly different player and not English.

I'd take Nani and Chico back, let Falcao, Evans, Lindergaard, Lingard, Rafael (sadly), Powell and Cleverley go.

Maybe put Wilson, Thorpe, Blackett and Adnan on loan.

Then get a CM, RB, Deepay and possibly another striker if RVP stays a sick note.

adox wrote: »
    Falcao starting according to some more reliable sources on Twitter.
    If this turns out to be true I think its LVG saying to him - prove yourself or collect your bags... this is his last chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If this turns out to be true I think its LVG saying to him - prove yourself or collect your bags... this is his last chance!

Yeah I'm sure the team is going to work smoothly with Rooney in midfield. At least Mata and Herrera will be there to set him up, unlike before when there was nobody capable of finding him from deep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The confidence and momentum will still be there. The injuries are a blow and will make it a much tougher game but I wouldn't write us off completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Might sound silly but this isn't a bad game at all for Utd to be missing a few first teamers,
    If LVG was doubtful about who he needed in the summer from a defensive perspective the performance of the stand ins today will tell a lot....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Might sound silly but this isn't a bad game at all for Utd to be missing a few first teamers,
    If LVG was doubtful about who he needed in the summer from a defensive perspective the performance of the stand ins today will tell a lot....

The problem Is the stand ins are l missing also. It's mcnair and blackett only as back up now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Was just thinking there, has there been any stage this season where all our summer signings have been on the field at once? They all seem to be injured at some stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Apparently there are reports from Spanish television station La Sexta that DeGea has agreed to join Real during the summer... :( god I hope its BS :(

Mirror running it in England http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-uniteds-david-de-gea-5538881
    As long as it's a swap for Ronnie then it's not too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

With apparent late fitness tests for Blind and Jones, I'm still holding out hope. We'll find out in an hour I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Daroxtar wrote: »
    As long as it's a swap for Ronnie then it's not too bad

If it involved Bale or Modric, it would also be acceptable.

zerks wrote: »
    Carragher explains why Coutinho is in the running for POTY.It's all about tactics and ensuring your man gets the nod.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3043949/Why-John-Terry-picked-Philippe-Coutinho-secret-tactics-voting-PFA-Player-Year.html

Oh sweet Jesus is Coutinho in the running for POTY? OMFG

Derby pull back to a 3-3 score vs Huddersfield.

Jesse Lingard scoring the equalizer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Trilla wrote: »
    Derby pull back to a 3-3 score vs Huddersfield.

Jesse Lingard scoring the equalizer.

Reece James scored too for Huddersfield!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement