Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Someone's clearly forgotten FutureGuy and his magic powers.

That's different as he's actually from the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well if you compare the prices paid for bony and lukaku maybe 20 or 25 million would be a good deal for him? I think he is better then just a backup player nd im sure that if we qualify for champs league next year he will still play a lot of games,

True, with the way prices have increased over the last few seasons (and the new TV deal now) I suppose 25mill wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Want him here even more now after the result he helped Villa to earlier:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Pay the money for Depay, he's like a more talented less English Sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pay the money for Depay, he's like a more talented less English Sterling

I won't ask for much this summer id be happy with hummels, gundoggan, depay and id take bentekke when I'm at it sure and clyne :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Don't forget Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

stankratz wrote: »
    It's a terror what the bit of sun and a stretch in the evenings will do. :pac:

Lots of posters are rightfully expressing varying forms of frustration and closure with Falcao, his card is stamped with all but a few by now and he simply has not been good enough to warrant a place in the team, let alone a £40m fee.

You however seem to be on a personal quest against him, definitely going by yesterday's match thread and in here where you more or less copy and pasted the same post between the two threads during the match calling him a donkey, and dismissing those who wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt until season's end as a lesser kind of "fan".

The man scored 41 goals from 48 appearances for Porto, 52 from 67 for Athletico Madrid and 11 from 17 for Monaco. That is the reason why some actually wanted to give him a bit of time at the club before pressing the emergency eject button. We're not all physicians and sports psychologists who can see from the odd game on the television that the 29 year old is definitely crocked, and not just having a slow reintroduction to the game.

He hasn't done nearly enough to warrant signing this Summer, but I'd argue that he has done enough to earn at the least a bit of respect. If not for the player he was up until the injury, maybe for the 4 goals and 4 assists he has bagged for United, and the passion he shows those rare times he has scored while wearing the red.

"Thank god the tide is finally turning against Falcao". Unless you are actually Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the time you are putting into this vandetta is a bit sad, with all due respect.
    keane2097 wrote: »
    Pmasterson's obsession with Falcao is 100% creepy imo, have never seen him post on any other topic

Well done lads getting yer likes rolling up. Fair ****s he was great for Atleti and Porto. Time moves on. His past history is great his present is ****e. But hes coated in Teflon for some. How dare me call a spade a spade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Most Premier League passes completed this weekend:

Yaya Toure (112) v West Ham
    Ander Herrera (85) v Chelsea
    Paddy McNair (81) v Chelsea
    Chris Smalling (79) v Chelsea
    Fernando (78) v West Ham

Amazing stats from our boys!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Half of McNairs passes were to De Gea in fairness.

Don't forget Bale.

Bale don't count we have the money put to one side for him remember from two year ago :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Benteke has a goal every 170 something minutes in the PL, crazy record for a striker at Villa

If Falcao and RVP are going I'd take him

Half of McNairs passes were to De Gea in fairness.

That's a bit harsh McNair was driving forward most of the game I thought.

Benteke has a goal every 170 something minutes in the PL, crazy record for a striker at Villa

If Falcao and RVP are going I'd take him

I think ill only enjoy our transfer rumours when we have champs league qualification wrapped up then ill be all set for silly season and I might even start reading caught offside and bleacher report articles to pass the summer away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Balotelli at it again on instagram, the gift that keeps on giving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jayo26 wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh McNair was driving forward most of the game I thought.

+1 Very harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Smalling and McNair looked good coming out of the back with the ball at Chelsea but they were walking out past a 37 year old striker and a team happy to let them get so far so as not to lose their shape.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Balotelli at it again on instagram, the gift that keeps on giving

I don't know what this has to do with United but I'll reply anyway, how is him showing photographic evidence of him being onside and congratulating Villa a gift?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

11174668_828886790481551_5365516168200077305_o.jpg

I don't know what this has to do with United but I'll reply anyway, how is him showing photographic evidence of him being onside and congratulating Villa a gift?

Because what is the point? are they gonna reinstate the goal just for him or something? probably thinks they are with his ridiculous self inflated ego. He has a habit of making a fool out of himself on social media yet people wonder why he gets abused for it. If he spent half the time he spends on it trolling actually trying for his team they might have had a better season.

Because what is the point? are they gonna reinstate the goal just for him or something? probably thinks they are with his ridiculous self inflated ego. He has a habit of making a fool out of himself on social media yet people wonder why he gets abused for it. If he spent half the time he spends on it trolling actually trying for his team they might have had a better season.

He played better than most Liverpool players today. We'll end it there though, wouldn't want to drag the thread off topic by talking about Liverpool in here like some of you lot seem to do constantly.

He played better than most Liverpool players today. We'll end it there though, wouldn't want to drag the thread off topic by talking about Liverpool in here like some of you lot seem to do constantly.

Rich coming from the Liverpool fan who sure does spend alot of time in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

8d0f78146673486d2d8bb2a0977880e8.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

^^^ That pic never fails to make me laugh.

Rich coming from the Liverpool fan who sure does spend alot of time in here.

Merely replying to a post about a Liverpool player in the this thread which had absolutely nothing to do with Man United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Someone sounds.....

2455038-1031232792-tumbl.gif

astradave wrote: »
    Someone sounds.....

2455038-1031232792-tumbl.gif

I don't understand this at all :) I'm hurt by comments about Balotelli in a United thread?

I don't understand this at all :) I'm hurt by comments about Balotelli in a United thread?

Quit while you're behind.

Merely replying to a post about a Liverpool player in the this thread which had absolutely nothing to do with Man United

But what led you to enter this thread? Could you tell Balotelli had been mentioned here? Was your Balo-sense tingling? Or is it coincidence you ended up clicking here?

But what led you to enter this thread? Could you tell Balotelli had been mentioned here? Was your Balo-sense tingling? Or is it coincidence you ended up clicking here?

The expectation that posters would be talking about Liverpool and funnily enough, 2 posts within a couple of minutes of each other :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The expectation that posters would be talking about Liverpool and funnily enough, 2 posts within a couple of minutes of each other :)

But why do you need to check whether we are? are you Liverpools Guardian, or do you just get off being on your high horse all the time

So just coincidence?

Thats hard to believe tbf. Perhaps you decided to come and have a dig at United fans rather than trying to talking about your own teams failings. Poor guy.

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    But why do you need to check whether we are? are you Liverpools Guardian, or do you just get off being on your high horse all the time

A guardian, yep. I AM GROOT

lQ2nBB5.gif

So just coincidence?

Thats hard to believe tbf. Perhaps you decided to come and have a dig at United fans rather than trying to talking about your own teams failings. Poor guy.

It's ok, I'm talking about Liverpool in that thread. Y'know.... Where the Liverpool talk should be today.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    lQ2nBB5.gif

I just can't handle the level of comedy your gifs and pictures are throwing down. Sorry buddy.

And yet you are still posting in here. #Obsessed #WeGoAgain #GetStevieToLosAngeles

ElChe32 wrote: »
    And yet you are still posting in here. #Obsessed #WeGoAgain #GetStevieToLosAngeles

Here, have a thanks.

It's ok, I'm talking about Liverpool in that thread. Y'know.... Where the Liverpool talk should be today.

So then why are you still here babe are you lost?

So then why are you still here babe are you lost?

I am sweety, wanna direct me home?

The bat signal went up

batsignal.jpg

• Advertisement

The bat signal went up

batsignal.jpg

Do you not mean Balo-Signal?

**** that'll summon his sworn protector

I am sweety, wanna direct me home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I think I need to favourite this yoke at this stage.

abe-simpson-gif.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

right lads, back on track please. Let's cut out the pointless and disruptive bickering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Spanish newspaper or whatever it is Mundo Deportivo, has compared Depay to being similar to Ronaldo, and will be one of the top players in world football in coming years.

That is what we want.

RobertKK wrote: »
    The Spanish newspaper or whatever it is Mundo Deportivo, has compared Depay to being similar to Ronaldo, and will be one of the top players in world football in coming years.

That is what we want.

Remember reading about him off the pitch. Puts serious time and dedication into his fitness and physique like Ronaldo does. Like he's only 20 and he's an absolute monster. Could teach Januzaj and Di Maria a few things in the gym :pac:

• Advertisement

To be fair Mario is the king at talking about stuff that has nothing to do with them and in terms of it having nothing to do with united yhh it might be a bit off topic but it could be forgiven because last week he was jumping the gun after city scored and posting stuff about united so it would of been interesting to point out that he was clinging at straws again today after his offside goal.
    As to Liverpool been mentioned in the thread of course they will be they are a rival if you put as much effort into following Liverpool thread id say you would see united mentioned just as much there the odd time.

Remember reading about him off the pitch. Puts serious time and dedication into his fitness and physique like Ronaldo does. Like he's only 20 and he's an absolute monster. Could teach Januzaj and Di Maria a few things in the gym :pac:

He looks like one we need to get I think out of all the deals mentioned this summer his is most likely to go threw. Fingers crossed.

CC_K8GhW8AEWa5R.jpg

Di Maria and his new sleeve ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Ten game winning streak incoming.

Anywas boo to yesterday I was 4 games away from quoting this and making Maximus a boards legend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

RobertKK wrote: »

That is what we want.

He is a very good young player, but that is extremely hyperbolic of them. Besides, papers spout all sorts of nonsense - by and large their credibility is not any better than a well informed fan (sometimes even less so). Still would definitely like to sign him, though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement