Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

we apparently are really keen on signing Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon.

rather be linked with him than the likes of Ings.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

we apparently are really keen on signing Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon.

rather be linked with him than the likes of Ings.

Would imagine the two would be considered for different roles tbh. I really like the looks of Lacazette and think he has potential to be a leading man, while I think Ings will only ever be considered the understudy, ready for the matinees.

Rooney, Lacazette and Ings would be a pretty decent trio to rotate for the 1 striker spot next season :)

(On a related note, my front line on Fifa is Depay - Lacazette - Bale, and it tears things up online :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

There's a guy called Mink Man on the Red Devils Reddit, is it the same one who graced this forum way back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

There's a guy called Mink Man on the Red Devils Reddit, is it the same one who graced this forum way back?

There is few of us here that frequent there so wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Juve will be battered by whoever they draw.

They won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

There is few of us here that frequent there so wouldn't be surprised.

If it's the same guy, he was perma-banned ages ago, bit of a header! entertaining though.

Speaking of users no longer around these parts, Kryogen appears to have closed his account as of a month ago. He was a good contributor to this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Would imagine the two would be considered for different roles tbh. I really like the looks of Lacazette and think he has potential to be a leading man, while I think Ings will only ever be considered the understudy, ready for the matinees.

Rooney, Lacazette and Ings would be a pretty decent trio to rotate for the 1 striker spot next season :)

(On a related note, my front line on Fifa is Depay - Lacazette - Bale, and it tears things up online :D)
    I would rather have Wilson as third choice than Ings.
    If there is only gonna be 3 strikers at the club next year,which is doubtful, I would expect the third choice to get plenty of playing time.

Lacazette would be a very good singing,imo he ticks a lot of the boxes for what is needed upfront in the line up LVG seems to want.

Another thing that needs to happen in the summer

Januzaj needs to go on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Or just to go, depending on the price.

Potential Keith Gillespie, Terry Cooke, Djordic, next Ryan Giggs buzz about him. Doubt he'll ever be as bad but not a fan so far.

• Advertisement

He has been shocking this season, I recall him setting up one goal all year, everything else he has done has been really poor.

There is something about him that I just don't like and right now I don't want him anywhere near the team. He and Wilson need loans badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Trilla wrote: »

Potential Keith Gillespie, Terry Cooke, Djordic, next Ryan Giggs buzz about him. Doubt he'll ever be as bad but not a fan so far.

You can't say that, you'll have certain posters here jumping down your throat saying he hasn't gotten enough game time...

(10000% agree with you)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Adnan Januzaj is 20 years old. TWENTY. Give the kid a ****ing break. Could have another Pogba on our hands just hasn't got the regular first team ball to settle in and show it.

Give him a loan. Villa could be an option, playing out wide with Agonglahor and Graelish in the team, with a monster like Benteke up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Loans for Jan and Wilson are what's needed. Get them first team football. Nani back and Depay in and there's more than enough cover for the wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Selling Jacuzzi would be a mistake, the lad hasn't been given much of a chance and when he has been he was played out of position. Hence why he is completely devoid of confidence right now. He was one of our best players last year. A loan move to a lower half premier League team would be ideal.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

ElChe32 wrote: »
    You can't say that, you'll have certain posters here jumping down your throat saying he hasn't gotten enough game time...

(10000% agree with you)

Considering that in a few months you went from saying that Smalling isn't good enough to saying that he has been our best defender and you're happy he has signed a contract, I'd have thought you would now understand how important regular football in a functioning team is for players to show their true ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Trilla wrote: »

What you wouldn't mind seeing a potential world class player leave for a few million. A 20 year old who in a year of turmoil last year was a bright spark and looked potentially world class.

He has not had a run of games this year which is so important especially for a winger. Selling him would be madness he could go either way but i would rather keep him and find out what way he turns out.

A good loan and he could come back ready to walk into the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

what about hernandez. do people think we should take him back or sell him. I think it was something we were missing this year. A good impact sub. Paticularly given we are unlikey to keep Falcao, RVP is on a downward spiral (as much as I love him) and posters are talking about putting Wilson on loan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Hernandez CL Semi Final
    Evra CL Semi Final
    Welbeck FA Cup Final
    Cleverley FA Cup Final

I'm okay. I'm okay. :o

cant believe you never mentioned Ronaldo in the above :p

• Advertisement

racso1975 wrote: »
    what about hernandez. do people think we should take him back or sell him. I think it was something we were missing this year. A good impact sub. Paticularly given we are unlikey to keep Falcao, RVP is on a downward spiral (as much as I love him) and posters are talking about putting Wilson on loan?

don't think its up to us now, the player himself wants first team football so he will move on in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There is something about him that I just don't like and right now I don't want him anywhere near the team.

I totally agree. I think it's down to his decision making and discipline. He doesn't seem to follow instruction, just does what he wants, which would be acceptable if he was Ronaldo, but he mostly makes the wrong choices.

I have to keep reminding myself though that he's only 20. Those are things that can be ironed out over the next couple of years, but he does badly need a loan. For some reason I feel like Southampton would be a great place for him if they would play him.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32422362
    The Premier League will have only one top-seeded club in next season's Champions League after Uefa introduced new regulations.

BOOM! Things just got very interesting!

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Adnan Januzaj is 20 years old. TWENTY. Give the kid a ****ing break. Could have another Pogba on our hands just hasn't got the regular first team ball to settle in and show it.

Give him a loan. Villa could be an option, playing out wide with Agonglahor and Graelish in the team, with a monster like Benteke up front.

age doesnt guarantee you anything anymore. for every pogba, theres 50 players who go through our adademy and turn out to be very average players, take a look at the team sheets in the championship, league 1 and league 2 every saturday...its littered with ex United players.

he can (and probably will) come good, but right now he needs to be loaned out, not coming on against the likes of Chelsea.

and as regards giving him a break, im sorry but again age isnt an excuse, he is a professional footballer who plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world, who when he was 19, gave him the biggest contract of any 19 year old in world football.

he has been gash for 18 months and deserves any critics he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Indeed - the top seeds will be the winners of

Spain
    England
    Germany
    Italy
    Portugal
    France
    Russia
    Comp winner or Holland

So there will be a load of good teams that are seed 2, and I don't think anyone would complain too much about being in the group with Benfica, Zenit or possibly PSV as their top seed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/MikeKeegan_DM/status/591140648843157504

Bild saying we have made contact with Dortmund.

I've a feeling within a week or so of the season ending just about all our business will be done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Not really. After the 8 seeds, the rest of the teams will still be seeded using their UEFA co efficent. So Zenit or PSV could be the top seeds in an English teams group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MikeKeegan_DM/status/591140648843157504

Bild saying we have made contact with Dortmund.

I've a feeling within a week or so of the season ending just about all our business will be done.

Should we believe anything he says? Daily Mail is his 3rd job in a year or 2 after Men & BBC.

age doesnt guarantee you anything anymore. for every pogba, theres 50 players who go through our adademy and turn out to be very average players, take a look at the team sheets in the championship, league 1 and league 2 every saturday...its littered with ex United players.

he can (and probably will) come good, but right now he needs to be loaned out, not coming on against the likes of Chelsea.

and as regards giving him a break, im sorry but again age isnt an excuse, he is a professional footballer who plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world, who when he was 19, gave him the biggest contract of any 19 year old in world football.

he has been gash for 18 months and deserves any critics he gets.

van gaal though is very critical of players and if you are not doing your stuff in training you wont be on or near the first team. Januzaj has clearly been very good in training or else there no chance he would be coming on v Chelsea. Also against Chelsea he was up against the best left back in the league so its a bit over critical of him I think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Should we believe anything he says? Daily Mail is his 3rd job in a year or 2 after Men & BBC.

After last summer, I really don't trust any of them.

Not to say that what they mention isn't worth discussing, or that the know nothing. But strikes me that several of the "reliable" folks got shut out badly last summer when LVG arrived, and were blatantly throwing mud at the wall.

I reiterate as I did last summer.

If it's not on the BBC, don't bother believing it.

• Advertisement

very bad feeling over de gea.... seems like de gea has told real Madrid he wants to join them and all that's left to be agreed on is a fee between the 2 clubs according to Josep Pedrerol (highly respected Spanish journalist)

Pro. F wrote: »
    Considering that in a few months you went from saying that Smalling isn't good enough to saying that he has been our best defender and you're happy he has signed a contract, I'd have thought you would now understand how important regular football in a functioning team is for players to show their true ability.

I've just gone back through 9 months of my posts on boards and I haven't seen where i've said that about Smalling...but by all means if you can show a quote I'll stand corrected on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lucas Hood wrote: »

He's actually against the tide and saying we haven't made an approach,it seems to be an open secret we are after Hummels though.

I've just gone back through 9 months of my posts on boards and I haven't seen where i've said that about Smalling...but by all means if you can show a quote I'll stand corrected on him.
    Rojo has been solid today. Another CB needs to be signed because Evans, Smalling and especially Jones aren't up to it. Jones is a calamity waiting to happen in every game.
    Since returning from suspension after the City away game Smalling has been our best defender. Happy that he's signed up.

Detective Max on the case.

Stands corrected :D

Still though..Adnan is muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Deleted.

Nothing wrong with changing your opinion on Smalling, but still, Pro. F is... right. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Meh, I've flip-flopped my opinion on plenty of players. Especially in the heat of the moment after a game :)

Nothing wrong with changing your opinion on Smalling, but still, Pro. F is... right. ;)

I'll be the first to hold up my hands, I did for Ashley Young and HOPEFULLY when Adnan shows some smidge of living up to the hype I will again. But I honestly don't see it with him.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    very bad feeling over de gea.... seems like de gea has told real Madrid he wants to join them and all that's left to be agreed on is a fee between the 2 clubs according to Josep Pedrerol (highly respected Spanish journalist)

There is a lot of seems to bes and a lot of 2+2= summer transfer saga being floated around on Dave.
    It all just plays into the pessimistics hands.
    Just looks like it's papers building a story and growing legs.

I will be honest, if de gea does leave and we get Bale or Ronaldo as part of the deal I wont be too disappointed, yes I will be sad to see him go but players come and go and we already have Valdes as backup if he does leave.

He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, but at the end of the day, he is Spanish, from Madrid, his girlfriend is from Madrid and he has Real Madrid after him and it would guarantee him the no1 shirt in the Spanish goals immediately, so it wouldn't really be a shock if he left come summer

Because of the lack of real top class keepers I would rather keep De Gea then anything.

I'm going sound like one of the players now but my focus really is on the Everton game and the transfers can wait.

Its a big game and cause Top 4 is not done and dusted, dropping points here brings back the other teams into it again.

Get CL football first then worry about who buying\leaving.

Any updates on Blind/Carrick? Hopefully both in contention for the Everton game.

bangkok wrote: »
    I will be honest, if de gea does leave and we get Bale or Ronaldo as part of the deal I wont be too disappointed, yes I will be sad to see him go but players come and go and we already have Valdes as backup if he does leave.

He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, but at the end of the day, he is Spanish, from Madrid, his girlfriend is from Madrid and he has Real Madrid after him and it would guarantee him the no1 shirt in the Spanish goals immediately, so it wouldn't really be a shock if he left come summer

I understand all that on a human level, its just the oh he will be spainish number 1 when he goes. He won't. The way people go on about it, it's as if the Spain manager dosent watch any other players outside of Spain. Everyone knows de gea is better, he doset need to move to club to usurp him to prove it.
    No manager worth his salt will ever listen to fans to decide his decisions so all this he has to move to Madrid to be spainish keeper is bull.
    If he wants to move for personal reasons, money or whatever, I don't blame him. I would do the same. It's a fantastic move for him.

Is Casillas the captain of Spain? Is that why he is playing for Spain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Its not just that De Gea is a top class keeper. Its the continuity that he gives and continuity is what is needed with this team, to be build itslef, especially at the back.

for that reason alone I would hate to see De Gea go and it would be a step backwards in the project no matter who was brought in to replace him.

Also I shudder at the thought of Valdes in goals for Utd. Lets hope it doesnt come to that,whatever happens with De Gea.

I understand all that on a human level, its just the oh he will be spainish number 1 when he goes. He won't. The way people go on about it, it's as if the Spain manager dosent watch any other players outside of Spain. Everyone knows de gea is better, he doset need to move to club to usurp him to prove it.
    No manager worth his salt will ever listen to fans to decide his decisions so all this he has to move to Madrid to be spainish keeper is bull.
    If he wants to move for personal reasons, money or whatever, I don't blame him. I would do the same. It's a fantastic move for him.

Is Casillas the captain of Spain? Is that why he is playing for Spain?

del bosque is still the Spanish manager and as we know is very stubborn. He still stuck by torres all through the last few years when he should have been no where near the squad. after casillas performance at the world cup he should have been dropped as spain keeper but wasn't. even yesterday he was moaning about the lack of Spaniards playing in la liga

Henry criticizing Chicarito's celebration last night. Saying he should have ran over to Ronaldo for making it...he has the gumption to question a player celebrating a goal against a city rival in the 1/4 final of the champions league which was so finely balanced and with only minutes to go? Bugger off Henry. 1.6 million a year from Sky for that "punditry"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Henry criticizing Chicarito's celebration last night. Saying he should have ran over to Ronaldo for making it...he has the gumption to question a player celebrating a goal against a city rival in the 1/4 final of the champions league which was so finely balanced and with only minutes to go? Bugger off Henry. 1.6 million a year from Sky for that "punditry"?

As if Ronaldo would have celebrated with Chicha if it was the other way around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Very bad punditry, it was like he was trying to make a name for himself by being controversial.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement